ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1113 of 4822
« First < 11361310131063110311091110111111121113 111411151116111711231163121316132113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TheChamp 02:23 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's really hard to have confidence to make a throw when the defense has CB's 4 and 5 on the field.

This looks just like last year..when you rely on old players to be key players and need a QB to play above his head, the wheels generally fall off when you get an ass ton of road games.
The denial in you is strong. I understand, though. Just when you thought the road going through Denver was finally cleared for a bit, we jump back into the picture.

You guys have a very good team, though, honestly. Probably the best team since I've been posting online (10 to 15 years), which is why it's finally worth it for me to come around and chat with you guys.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:31 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by :
Touchdown Trevor Siemian Is Your God Now

The NFL has a quarterback problem, and that problem is that 31 teams have quarterbacks who are not Trevor Siemian.

Trevor Siemian—Touchdown Trevor, T-Money, the Treviathan, Slim Siemian, the Trevor-Ending Story, Forever Trevor—threw four touchdowns Sunday in a 42-17 win over the Cowboys, putting him solely atop the NFL’s leaderboard with six on the season. This is true. I didn’t make this up. At time of publication, no quarterback has thrown more touchdowns in the 2017 NFL season than Trevor Siemian, and no quarterback is tied with Trevor Siemian. He has a rushing touchdown, too, and perhaps most importantly, his Broncos are 2-0.

This is shocking to me, as a person who watched Siemian play college football at Northwestern. Let’s look at Siemian’s year-to-year stats since his senior year of college.

2014, Northwestern: 228-for-392, 58.2 percent, 5.6 YPA, seven touchdowns, 11 interceptions

2015, Denver: Zero statistics. (He did have one INCREDIBLE kneel-down, and won a Super Bowl ring.)

2016, Denver: 289-for-486, 59.5 percent, 7.0 YPA, 18 touchdowns, 10 interceptions

2017, Denver: 39-for-60, 65.0 percent, 7.5 YPA, six touchdowns, two interceptions

You’d expect Siemian’s statistics to get worse as he progressed from Big Ten play to the NFL. But no! Siemian has gotten better, every year, at everything. By 2020, I wholeheartedly expect him to be completing 100 percent of his passes for 99 yards per attempt.

In college, Siemian’s only asset was his strong arm. His accuracy was suspect, and his hesitance to actually use his strong arm made him famous—his teammates nicknamed him “Checkdown Trevor.” But his growth has been incredible. Broncos blog Mile High Report broke down some throws Siemian made Week 1 against the Chargers, and found Siemian had improved considerably since his first year as a starter. The inaccurate, indecisive quarterback I remembered from college is gone, replaced by a player who is consistently making speedy, smart reads before delivering precise passes to multiple parts of the field. He was even better against Dallas, leading his offense to five touchdowns a week after the Cowboys held the Giants to three total points. Look at this damn touchdown:

But now Siemian is doing the most improbable thing of all. He’s not the replacement-level player the Broncos had hoped for. In a league starved for quarterback play that isn’t actively harmful, Siemian is actually good.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9...iemian-cowboys

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 02:32 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by TheChamp:
The denial in you is strong. I understand, though. Just when you thought the road going through Denver was finally cleared for a bit, we jump back into the picture.

You guys have a very good team, though, honestly. Probably the best team since I've been posting online (10 to 15 years), which is why it's finally worth it for me to come around and chat with you guys.
The memory in you is poor. He has a valid point. Denver has played TWO HOME games and gets 4 out of 5 to open the season. They were in it last year too early on, until KC came calling, and then they had to take their show on the road the 2nd half. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:11 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by TEX:
The memory in you is poor. He has a valid point. Denver has played TWO HOME games and gets 4 out of 5 to open the season. They were in it last year too early on, until KC came calling, and then they had to take their show on the road the 2nd half. :-)
Last season, KC met Denver for the first time after the bye week (week 11).

Denver was 7-3 at the time, having played 5 road games (3-2) and 5 home games (4-1). Chiefs came calling and doinked that OT win in grand fashion.

Their six games after the bye were split evenly home and on the road. Lost to KC twice, @ TN by a FG and at home to the Patriots. Sucks, but it is what it was...

The offense looks MUCH better through 2 games this year where they have produced 8 offensive TDs... compared to 2016, they only produced 3 offensive TDs through 2 games last year. Quite a different story in 2017 and speaks to a better style of offense, healthier players and a team that actually believes a little bit in the QB.

Things could very well end up in the same place as 2016, but through 2 games - the offense is more than living up to their share of the production and not just relying upon the defense to win it.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:35 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's all about the air for you right? Not the fact that Broncos lost all of their RB's and had to start a street FA in the 2nd half of the season or that they lost their HC for a week, DC for another week, lost their starting QB for a couple games.

I bet had they played all their games at home they would have won them all. I bet if most teams played all their games at home they would win more than normal.

That is why they call it home field advantage. Big deal. Find another excuse to hang your 40+ year old hat on.
[Reply]
O.city 03:55 PM 09-18-2017
Donks look good. Run d seems to be much better than last year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:30 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Last season, KC met Denver for the first time after the bye week (week 11).

Denver was 7-3 at the time, having played 5 road games (3-2) and 5 home games (4-1). Chiefs came calling and doinked that OT win in grand fashion.

Their six games after the bye were split evenly home and on the road. Lost to KC twice, @ TN by a FG and at home to the Patriots. Sucks, but it is what it was...

The offense looks MUCH better through 2 games this year where they have produced 8 offensive TDs... compared to 2016, they only produced 3 offensive TDs through 2 games last year. Quite a different story in 2017 and speaks to a better style of offense, healthier players and a team that actually believes a little bit in the QB.

Things could very well end up in the same place as 2016, but through 2 games - the offense is more than living up to their share of the production and not just relying upon the defense to win it.
Semen is looking to be the next game manager in the AFCW. That's what you need right now. I'm impressed but I think Dallas is gonna be an 8-8 team this year so that ass kickin can be taken for what it is. The way this season unfolds between the AFCW teams is gonna be fun to watch.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:38 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Garrett Bolles has a lower leg bone bruise. What a ****ing pussy. Dude was crying like his season was over with. Later to find out he's week to week. When Eric Berry tore his Achilles he wasn't crying. His face was like ****a please I beat cancer.
So Garrett Bolles was crying and got carted off the field for a bruise? Well, that poor little angel. Maybe his mama will kiss it and make it better.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:58 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
No, I think my posts are more geared towards Blackop and his excuses.
Nope..you guys were talking the same shit last season. It's nearly identical...new offense in the thin air. Took DC's a bit to gameplan and once they did, Semen posted back to back sub 20 QBRs with the playoffs on the line.

Semen/Donks started averaging 25.2 PPG in the first 5...and fell to 13.4 over the last 5. Almost a 50% decline. That 13.4 is padded by the 24 points they scored against a Carr-less Raiders in week 17. Scrub that last, meaningless game and they averaged just 10.75 over the 4 games before...3 of 4 were on the road. He played his worst during the most important stretch of games.

They have played the Chargers and Cowboys (with their starting 3 CBs gone), in the thin air, with no game tape. I guarantee you that will be the most wide-open Semenboy sees his WRs all season.

Get your hopes up...
[Reply]
DomCasual 06:34 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
BS..because it's so easy to get out of a hole after five games. it IS a big deal..who else in the league gets that? And you know why? Geography.

Oh. and look, ONCE AGAIN Chiefs get Pats on the road, and you get them at home.
You do realize that this is from a preset formula that doesn't change from year to year, right?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:41 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
preset formula
that gives you your tough games at home?

so shocked.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 07:13 PM 09-18-2017
Broncos Wire‏Verified account @TheBroncosWire · 10h10 hours ago

#Broncos RT Menelik Watson allowed five pressures — 2 sacks, 2 QB hits and 1 hurry — last night, per @PFF.

Pro Football Focus, gave Watson a 29.5 overall grade for his performance in Week 2, the worst grade among all offensive tackles this week.

Justin Houston is licking his chops
[Reply]
DomCasual 07:37 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
that gives you your tough games at home?

so shocked.
Well, yeah. It determines all of your home and away games. There is no wiggle room to it.

Here you go. Read this, and have one less conspiracy theory to worry about.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/c...-nfl-schedule/
[Reply]
DomCasual 07:38 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:

#Broncos RT Menelik Watson allowed five pressures — 2 sacks, 2 QB hits and 1 hurry — last night, per @PFF.

Pro Football Focus, gave Watson a 29.5 overall grade for his performance in Week 2, the worst grade among all offensive tackles this week.

In his case, the PFF analysis confirms the way it looks to us low-level cretins watching the games. He sucks.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:43 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:

He should be. The shoe turns and the worm drops when you face teams with multiple edge rushers.
[Reply]
Page 1113 of 4822
« First < 11361310131063110311091110111111121113 111411151116111711231163121316132113 > Last »
Up