ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1349 of 3903
« First < 34984912491299133913451346134713481349 135013511352135313591399144918492349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 07:21 AM 04-13-2020
Ugh:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04...y-subways-mta/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 04-13-2020
Myself and others have talked about the majority of deaths from this virus for people on a ventilator are caused by ARDS. For the layman, extreme inflammation of the lungs make it difficult to use a ventilator on the patient because its like pushing concrete apart to get a breath into the patient.

People die from ARDS for a lot of reasons. But, almost every time before the tipping point into ARDS, there is at least phlegm in the lungs. It doesn't get out of the lungs and pneumonia develops in the lungs. Sets off a chain of events and you develop ARDS which in turn sets off a lot more cascading events that are all bad.

Here's the deal, in the coronavirus when the patient presents to a Dr., hospital etc. there is no phlegm being coughed up for days. No green or yellow phlegm that would created by pneumonia.

They have a dry cough. There is no phlegm. This makes no sense. These people dying within 48-72 hours of admission to a hospital. Pneumonia doesn't send the patient down that path of those bad cascading events into ARDS and death that quickly. There is "something" unique about this virus that we just don't know yet. We discover the why, we can better battle this when it reemerges again.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:01 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I imagine the density of NYC factors into it, but it isn’t that simple. San Francisco has the next highest density. It was an early hot spot but got things under control without overwhelming hospitals.

New Orleans has been hit hard.

Albany Georgia is one of the worse spots per capita. That is not exactly a dense metropolis.
SF got things under control because they shut down weeks before New York. They are proof that early and firm distancing measures is the best approach to managing this disease.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:17 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have never one time said "its just the flu". Take your dumbass somewhere else. And what I said had no politics.
ORLY?

10,000 max? I mean if that's the case the shutdown is a huge mistake.

I honestly cant come up with a justification for this craziness when you look at how fast H1N1 spread and we didn't come close to doing this to our country.
If we had 1MM cases of H1N1 on day 72 of the outbreak and we didn't shut the country down, and you are saying the only reason we don't have that many positives right now in the US is because of testing, how do you justify the difference?

If we have 1MM current cases then the mortality rate is in alignment with H1N1.
I hope that argument is correct but if it is that means close to a million people have the virus so its not even remotely as lethal as we think.

No matter how you slice it it looks like shutting the country down is very questionable when compared to H1N1.
Can someone explain this to me because I am honestly at a loss on this.

H1N1 first case was April 15th 2009, day 72 was June 26th and there were 1MM known cases in the US.

This is day 72 of Covid 19 and we are around 10,000 know n cases. This cant be THAt much lower just due to lack of testing can it?

Here is the timeline.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html
If the death rate doubles every 4 days for the next 2 weeks we will be at roughy 15% of what happened with H1N1.
This shit is going ot be over in a couple weeks.
1MM cases of H1N1 in the US in 72 days, not in the world.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

The numbers were are being fed don't add up to a lockdown. It just doesn't.
How is Covid-19 more contagious than H1N1 if 975,000 more people had H1N1 in the same timeframe from the start of the outbreak to day 72?

Explain that.
I disagree. By your own theoretical numbers we won't have near 16,000 deaths nor would we without the lock down which is what H1N1 had.

Also by your numbers its not as contagious as I easily pointed out.
You think 12,000 people are going to die in4-6 weeks? We are already 3 months into this at 345.

H1N1 was killing younger working age people and kids.
True we won't likely get to 12,000 deaths in the first 12 months of China Flu like we did H1N1.

[Reply]
Mecca 08:19 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
ORLY?
I hope you are ready to play the game of semantics now.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:20 AM 04-13-2020
ORLY?
:-)

There's a reason he's called MarClueless.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:22 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I hope you are ready to play the game of semantics now.
Yep. Either way, though, his H1N1 comparisons are clearly just as far off as any "flu" comparisons would be.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 AM 04-13-2020
ORLY?
H1N1 is not "just the flu" correct? You spent that much time to prove me correct?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:25 AM 04-13-2020
Man totally did not see that coming at all....
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:26 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yep. Either way, though, his H1N1 comparisons are clearly just as far off as any "flu" comparisons would be.
H1N1 was said to be 16x more lethal than influenza so you can keep moving the goalpost all you want, it's not arguing semantics, I never called this "just the flu" and Hamas just proved it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man totally did not see that coming at all....
Its not semantics through Mecca and you know it, unless you are implying H1N1 was "just the flu".

Tell me was H1N1 just the flu, yes or no?

You guys just hate to be wrong, I get it. I have been wrong many times on this topic and have no problem admitting it.

You Guys just have to cling to the narrative anyone who questions whether this has all been absolutely necessary and handled correctly couldn't possibly be correct.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:30 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

There's a reason he's called MarClueless.
And unsurprisingly your dumbass thinks he made a counter point when all he did was prove me correct.
[Reply]
Donger 08:31 AM 04-13-2020
Its not semantics through Mecca and you know it, unless you are implying H1N1 was "just the flu".

You guys just hate to be wrong, I get it. I have been wrong many times on this topic and have no problem admitting it.

You Guys just have to cling to the narrative anyone who questions whether this has all been absolutely necessary and handled correctly couldn't possibly be correct.
Have you argued that COVID-19 will result in no more deaths than a severe seasonal flu, and therefore the mitigation efforts enacted should not have been?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:31 AM 04-13-2020
This thread really is just an echo chamber for most of the posters in it.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:31 AM 04-13-2020

It is semantics, you've spent weeks talking about how this entire thing is a giant pile of bullshit. What you are doing would be like if my kid never put in effort in his history class and I said to him, we all know you think this class is a joke, and he responded by saying oh hey now I never said that.

It's a semantics game, you know this, I know this, everyone else posting knows this.
[Reply]
Page 1349 of 3903
« First < 34984912491299133913451346134713481349 135013511352135313591399144918492349 > Last »
Up