ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3268 of 3903
« First < 2268276831683218325832643265326632673268 32693270327132723278331833683768 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 10:49 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not an issue because my gf thinks they are stupid too. 😀. We haven’t been around her mom or anti vaxx sister since last Christmas.
good luck with that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 PM 12-08-2020
Not an issue because my gf thinks they are stupid too. ��. We haven’t been around her mom or anti vaxx sister since last Christmas and they both live 1 hr away from us.
She says that now. It's already been a year, it won't last forever. Especially if she should get pregnant. Like I said, good luck.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That makes no sense.

It basically states they gave the disease the name of covid... but what
is the disease?
Look up the definition of disease.

Viral infection causes disease.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
She says that now. It's already been a year, it won't last forever. Especially if she should get pregnant. Like I said, good luck.
Stop telling him what to do. Come on man, can’t do that
[Reply]
stevieray 10:53 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Look up the definition of disease.

Viral infection causes disease.
I did.

virus and disease are not the same thing.

what's the disease?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 PM 12-08-2020
Stop telling him what to do. Come on man, can’t do that
:-)

I didn't even insinuate what he should do, let alone tell him what to do.

I offered him luck with what he is planning to do, because it rarely works but I never suggested he change what he is planning to do.

So just stop.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 PM 12-08-2020
I did.

virus and disease are not the same thing.

what's the disease?
The virus causes disease. The disease being dysfunction of (insert process) that causes symptoms.

What are you hung up on here?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:57 PM 12-08-2020
The virus causes disease. The disease being dysfunction of (insert process) that causes symptoms.

What are you hung up on here?
pete got it, right?

What disease does he have?
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 PM 12-08-2020
pete got it, right?

What disease does he have?
He had a viral infection that caused disease in his lungs, olfactory nerves and likely other areas.

I think you’re getting hung up on the “disease” in terms of ldisease like cancer
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:04 PM 12-08-2020
good luck with that.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I appreciate it but seriously it is all her decision with no objection from me. Her daughter lives in the same city as them and she will go stay with her on a weekend but won’t go see them. They don’t believe in covid, masks, SD and she always comments that she thinks she was adopted because she is completely opposite of them in most ways.

Southern MO is a different mindset as Ocity can attest to.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 PM 12-08-2020
I appreciate it but seriously it is all her decision with no objection from me. Her daughter lives in the same city as them and she will go stay with her on a weekend but won’t go see them. They don’t believe in covid, masks, SD and she always comments that she thinks she was adopted because she is completely opposite of them in most ways.

Southern MO is a different mindset as Ocity can attest to.
That’s right and you keep your ass outta here, damn city folk.

But I’m a serious note it has been different. Not wrong. Different.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:07 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Th most vulnerable and healthcare givers will get the vaccine. After that what are you really worried about in the remaining population who gets to decide?
If it continues to have access to hosts it could mutate rendering the vaccine useless .
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:08 PM 12-08-2020
Anyone hear that we only have 200 million doses of the vaccine? 100 million for Phizer and 100 million for Moderna.
Both are saying they can’t give us more until June 2021. Already sold the rest to the rest of the world till then. Seems like we are 150 million doses short.

Offered us another 200 million doses with no money down, no payment unless it’s approved. The USA turned them down.

Who’s up to speed on this? True or BS? Seems like it would be a huge story if true.
[Reply]
wazu 11:10 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Anyone hear that we only have 200 million doses of the vaccine? 100 million for Phizer and 100 million for Moderna.
Both are saying they can’t give us more until June 2021. Already sold the rest to the rest of the world till then. Seems like we are 150 million doses short.

Offered us another 200 million doses with no money down, no payment unless it’s approved. The USA turned them down.

Who’s up to speed on this? True or BS?
If true, I'm curious to know if we have 200 million even willing to take the vaccine.
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I said that's how you are coming off. Franky if someone chooses or doesn't choose to get the vaccine isn't of a concern to me. I am choosing to get it at some point as for various reasons I do not need it. That being said I would encourage people to get the vaccine. But at the end of the day those who get the vaccine no longer need to worry about those who don't. It turns into the flu for argument sake. No more need to wear masks. No more need to kill businesses. No more need to keep our kids out of school. If you are afraid you will get infected then get the virus. If you aren't or otherwise choose not too then you live with the consequences.

The people who choose not to get the vaccine can no longer spread to those who do so I would say that puts on the back to normal track for the most part.
It should be of concern to you. The effectiveness of the vaccine program is directly dependent on the number of people who take the vaccine. It's not as black and white as you're making it out to be. The vaccine is not 100% effective. People who don't get the vaccine and get infected can still pass it on to those who do take the vaccine. That's absolutely a possibility. No differently than with measles, if enough people refuse vaccination it can still cause unnecessary outbreaks even after it was mostly eradicated.
[Reply]
Page 3268 of 3903
« First < 2268276831683218325832643265326632673268 32693270327132723278331833683768 > Last »
Up