ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 319
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 03-09-2021
At least that’s one team that likely won’t be taking a T.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 03-09-2021
Figured the Meyer/Baalke pairing would ruin the situation in Jacksonville, but didn't think they'd find a way to do stupid shit before FA even starts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s by far his worst game, but the guy that was giving him issues is Kayvon Thibodeaux who’s probably the best edge rusher in football and a future top 5 pick.

I think he can be a slightly above average LT, but his ideal position is G. I get the sense that he won’t go quite as high as people think because it seems like most of the experts feel the same way.
That's the main reason I don't like him - he doesn't really project as an OT, especially in an offense like this one.

If they're going to go OL in the first, it really needs to be a tackle prospect that can step in at either RT or LT in 2022, if not sooner.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, that would be a damn near perfect signing but he's going to be out of our price range. Patriots free agent OL also never seem to be quite as good after they've moved on, but that shouldn't be a problem with Reid.
Yeah, my only concern with Thuney is that he wouldn't be in our price range.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 03-09-2021
The best value is gonna come from the FA pass rushing group. There's a shit load of guys in there. Some will get paid, but a dude like Ingram won't.

Shit that might be free agent numero uno for me here in KC. Him or Lawson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The best value is gonna come from the FA pass rushing group. There's a shit load of guys in there. Some will get paid, but a dude like Ingram won't.

Shit that might be free agent numero uno for me here in KC. Him or Lawson.
You just mentioned 2 guys at opposite ends of the spectrum. It's entirely possible once the cap figures come in that Lawson gets tagged. He's going to get big money, Ingram is going to be cheap.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:01 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ummmmm the fuck? That dude isn’t worth that much money.
Holy shit!

And we thought he could be had for peanuts!
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You just mentioned 2 guys at opposite ends of the spectrum. It's entirely possible once the cap figures come in that Lawson gets tagged. He's going to get big money, Ingram is going to be cheap.
I wasn't really getting into the finances of either, but yeah, Lawson ain't gonna be cheap.

I dunno that either really fit across from Clark, but specifically Ingram, if you could get him on a 1 year prove it deal to rotate thru, damn.

People will give me shit about it, but the ideal dude across from Clark is probably Clowney.
[Reply]
-King- 11:20 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wasn't really getting into the finances of either, but yeah, Lawson ain't gonna be cheap.

I dunno that either really fit across from Clark, but specifically Ingram, if you could get him on a 1 year prove it deal to rotate thru, damn.

People will give me shit about it, but the ideal dude across from Clark is probably Clowney.
The goal is to improve our pass rush.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 03-09-2021
So I’m trying to figure out what the hell we’re going to do at LT.

19 of 32 teams drafted their current LT in the first round.
4 teams found theirs in the 2nd.
3 teams found theirs in the 3rd.
3 teams found theirs in the 4th round or later.
6 teams are starting a LT that they didn’t draft.
And currently there are 7 teams, not including the Chiefs, that have an immediate need at LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 03-09-2021
So I’m trying to figure out what the hell we’re going to do at LT.

19 of 32 teams drafted their current LT in the first round.
4 teams found theirs in the 2nd.
3 teams found theirs in the 3rd.
3 teams found theirs in the 4th round or later.
6 teams are starting a LT that they didn’t draft.
And currently there are 7 teams, not including the Chiefs, that have an immediate need at LT.
Fisher is the Chiefs LT as of right now.

I know that makes a lot of people very anxious but that's reality.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 03-09-2021

I get that. I don’t believe he’ll be ready week 1.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:28 AM 03-09-2021
Golladay NOT being tagged.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 03-09-2021

I think we’ll explore looking for a low cost LT as a holdover. Remembers just can’t be relied upon to play that side and Rankin is a better fit at G.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-09-2021
I get that. I don’t believe he’ll be ready week 1.
Right but the stats you provided were for "starting" left tackles.

Fisher is the Chiefs starter.

Week 1, we'll likely see a BACKUP LT, not a new starter.

Get what I'm saying?
[Reply]
Page 167 of 319
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Up