ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 319
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
TRR 02:39 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t know why so many on CP think they can’t address multiple needs/positions.

Between free agency and the draft this team can easily add an OT, C, WR, TE, DE, S, LB, and CB.

After comp picks are announced we should have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds.
I don’t disagree that they can. I just doubt that they will...especially in free agency.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
I don’t disagree that they can. I just doubt that they will...especially in free agency.
You doubt they will? Why? Because Veach happened to mention backup TE in a PC?

This isn’t an either/or thing. They have free agency AND the draft to address needs.

What reason do you have to believe that with 8 picks and free agency that they can’t/won’t add a WR AND a TE? This makes no fucking sense.

I mean, they’re likely losing Robinson AND Watkins and you think they aren’t going to add a WR?

They didn’t draft a WR last year. The chances that they don’t again this year are VERY slim. They aren’t going to miss out on two very good WR’s classes in a row, especially when they’re likely losing 2 of their top 4.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 03-08-2021
Oweh ain't making it to 31.

Got the following #’s from well regarded speed coach Ryan Capretta of @proactivesp. Jayson Oweh: 4.34 hand/ 4.38 laser —> Jaycee Horn: 4.39 hand/ 4.42 laser. —> Micah Parsons: 4.41 hand/ 4.44 laser. Capretta correctly timed Isaiah Simmons last year at 4.38 laser b4 the combine.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 8, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

I imagine he goes in the mid-20's.

And Parsons is going to go top 10. I know a lot of people think he'll end up in Detroit.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

So many people in the draft section telling me this guy isn’t a 1st rounder :-)

Hopefully this can push Phillips down to 31.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:52 PM 03-08-2021

Oweh and Phillips were the two DE's I could see us grabbing if they get to us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 03-08-2021

I don't know how badly I'd want him in the first round. His lack of production IS a concern, if only minor.

But he's definitely going in the first round. I doubt it he even makes it to 31.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:01 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know how badly I'd want him in the first round. His lack of production IS a concern, if only minor.

But he's definitely going in the first round. I doubt it he even makes it to 31.
It’s a big concern IMO. Of course he’ll go in the first since he’s a physics freak, but just because you’re a physical freak doesn’t mean you’re going to be good.

CC: Tanoh Kpassagnon
[Reply]
staylor26 04:03 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s a big concern IMO. Of course he’ll go in the first since he’s a physics freak, but just because you’re a physical freak doesn’t mean you’re going to be good.

CC: Tanoh Kpassagnon
This is the second time somebody has made this stupid comparison.

Kpass isn’t even remotely close to Oweh. Not even in the same stratosphere. You realize that, right?

He also didn’t flash nearly as much on tape.

When it comes to pass rushers, you bet on traits and athleticism every single time.

CC: Danielle Hunter
[Reply]
TRR 04:14 PM 03-08-2021
You doubt they will? Why? Because Veach happened to mention backup TE in a PC?

This isn’t an either/or thing. They have free agency AND the draft to address needs.

What reason do you have to believe that with 8 picks and free agency that they can’t/won’t add a WR AND a TE? This makes no ****ing sense.

I mean, they’re likely losing Robinson AND Watkins and you think they aren’t going to add a WR?

They didn’t draft a WR last year. The chances that they don’t again this year are VERY slim. They aren’t going to miss out on two very good WR’s classes in a row, especially when they’re likely losing 2 of their top 4.
My last comment wasn’t referring to a TE and WR. It was in reference to all the positions you listed out. Additionally, I don’t think all of those positions, if added, will contribute next year either.

Veach has already stated (could be GM speak) that they won’t be running out early for a WR given Hill, Hardman, and Pringle. And that any moves they do complete, could impact other deals/current deals. He’ll be smart about it.

To your overall question...My guess is Veach/Reid will make a splash...maybe two...in free agency, and trust that players like Hardman, Pringle, Allegretti, Wylie (RFA) Gay, etc. take the next step in their development.
[Reply]
O.city 04:22 PM 03-08-2021
Pass rushers with that type of physical traits having that lack of production is a bit frightening. I'm not sure what the issue is there?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:22 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
My last comment wasn’t referring to a TE and WR. It was in reference to all the positions you listed out. Additionally, I don’t think all of those positions, if added, will contribute next year either.

Veach has already stated (could be GM speak) that they won’t be running out early for a WR given Hill, Hardman, and Pringle. And that any moves they do complete, could impact other deals/current deals. He’ll be smart about it.

To your overall question...My guess is Veach/Reid will make a splash...maybe two...in free agency, and trust that players like Hardman, Pringle, Allegretti, Wylie (RFA) Gay, etc. take the next step in their development.
No, what Veach said was that we aren’t going to go out and sign a WR immediately in free agency (like we did with Watkins) because we don’t have the money to do that.

This was unsolicited, so if anything, I found it interesting that he specifically mentioned a WR. They aren’t going to go out and get a big fish there, but that kind of makes me think they want to get a guy in that tier 2/3 area which goes with what guys like Nate Taylor have said.

And if the PC is what you’re basing all of this on, he even said something about adding a WR in the draft.

They are adding a WR one way or the other, and they will probably do both.

The point is backup TE has no impact on them adding a WR.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:23 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pass rushers with that type of physical traits having that lack of production is a bit frightening. I'm not sure what the issue is there?
He had 6 sacks in 2019. He’s shown he’s capable of being productive.

He was absolutely disruptive on tape and consistently got pressure in 2020. It’s all on tape, and just about every scouting report mentions this. DJ, Zierlein, Brugler etc. have all said the same thing. This is reflected by his pass rush win rate and PFF grades (I know I know PFF) as well. The lack of production is 100% misleading, which is why I think it’s silly to stop there.

Despite the difference in production, nobody will tell you he didn’t clearly get better from 2019 to 2020.

The issue is it was a weird year and he’s still new to football. He’s not an athlete playing football though. He’s definitely a football player and has improved while demonstrating he has the intangibles to make a huge jump in the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:31 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
That’s why I wouldn’t draft him in the first rd. Guys like that should be dominating in college. Dude is an elite specimen and couldn’t get a single sack?

That terrifies me if I’m a GM
[Reply]
TRR 04:42 PM 03-08-2021
No, what Veach said was that we aren’t going to go out and sign a WR immediately in free agency (like we did with Watkins) because we don’t have the money to do that.

This was unsolicited, so if anything, I found it interesting that he specifically mentioned a WR. They aren’t going to go out and get a big fish there, but that kind of makes me think they want to get a guy in that tier 2/3 area which goes with what guys like Nate Taylor have said.

And if the PC is what you’re basing all of this on, he even said something about adding a WR in the draft.

They are adding a WR one way or the other, and they will probably do both.

The point is backup TE has no impact on them adding a WR.
Are you advocating for a WR?

Time will tell. If they prioritize a top tier TE in free agency, the level of WR they may sign won’t be impactful.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 319
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up