ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 211
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 07:49 PM 10-09-2019
I was at Game 7 of the NLCS in '96. Was almost traumatic.

Shildt's speech was a classic. I'd play for that guy.

And I'm really proud of my Cards. No idea how long they can keep it up, but hey, the Blues went from worst to first, with less. Love Cardinals Playoff baseball.
[Reply]
VAChief 10-09-2019, 08:18 PM
This message has been deleted by VAChief.
DJ's left nut 08:52 PM 10-09-2019

“Why did you hit Acuna?”

Flaherty:pic.twitter.com/wq79Hn0GWf

— Cole Padawer (@ColePadawer) October 9, 2019

[Reply]
jd1020 10:24 PM 10-09-2019
Howie Kendrick just hit a grand slam in the 10th for the Nationals.

Looks like Cardinals vs Nationals.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:24 PM 10-09-2019
Looks like we're hosting, fellas.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:24 PM 10-09-2019
Who the fuck thought we’d be hosting the NLCS?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 PM 10-09-2019
Congrats on making it to the WS. Nationals won’t last 7 games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Who the fuck thought we’d be hosting the NLCS?
I'm gonna be in DC from Wednesday through Saturday.

It never occurred to me for a second that I might have to bring my Cardinals gear on this trip. I mean...what the fuck just happened?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 PM 10-09-2019
I’m going to go off myself now.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:38 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm gonna be in DC from Wednesday through Saturday.

It never occurred to me for a second that I might have to bring my Cardinals gear on this trip. I mean...what the fuck just happened?
I will always love Joe Kelly, but I can’t say I wasn’t rooting for him to fail.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 PM 10-09-2019
So remember like 27 minutes ago when that fuckstick Cubs fan was crowing about burning Flaherty like he was still relevant?

If this holds, the Cards are lined up to to start Wainwright and Hudson at home in games 1 and 2, where they are both SUBSTANTIALLY better and you'd probably ideally like to pitch them anyway. Setting Flaherty up for the first start on the road in game 3 where again, you'd like to see him ahead of any other option we have.

I mean....what the fuck just happened?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m going to go off myself now.
I regret to inform you that the last words you hear on this earth will be from some dipshit radio/TV guy saying "This really wasn't Kershaw's fault and he's better than you think he is in the post-season...."

Because they ALWAYS say that.

And they're as wrong as they've ever been. Dude just keeps spitting the bit and I'm supposed to keep listening to excuses for him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 PM 10-09-2019
I regret to inform you that the last words you hear on this earth will be from some dipshit radio/TV guy saying "This really wasn't Kershaw's fault and he's better than you think he is in the post-season...."

Because they ALWAYS say that.

And they're as wrong as they've ever been. Dude just keeps spitting the bit and I'm supposed to keep listening to excuses for him.
I can already here it in my ears.

Kershaw can get fucked.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 PM 10-09-2019
From late August....

The Dodgers kiiiiiinda have that record setting Mariners feel to them? It depends on whether or not you think Kershaw is finding a 'new normal' and figuring out how to dominate with lesser stuff and if you think Buehler can be a true ace in the postseason.

Ryu is inching closer and closer to the wall, IMO. He's not looked nearly as sharp of late. Maeda is just a guy; probably a reliever in the playoffs. Stripling and Hill may be non-entities at this point. May looks as good as any of those guys at times.

The difference is really Bellinger. Muncy has also been pretty outstanding this year. But that team is completely different when Bellinger is feeling it. The issue with him is that his swing has a lot of leverage in it; his timing has to be letter perfect given that high finish and his full extension.

There's a path to seeing the Dodgers go down in the post-season. Don't get me wrong - they're easily the best bet. But they're not the juggernaut the Astros are, IMO. And I'm not even sure they have the offensive depth to bludgeon teams like the Yankees do.

A team that we should start looking very warily at is the Nationals. Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin going 1-2-3 in a post-season series is pretty nasty. Soto is a full blown superstar and Rendon just keeps doing under the radar awesome hitter stuff, like he's done for years. You have Robles/Eaton/Turner as additional lineup depth and they've cobbled together some really nice production out of Dozier and Kendrick. There are some real bullpen issues there but if they can get those straightened out over the next month, they could be damn dangerous.
Welp - pretty much called that one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 PM 10-09-2019
Inject this directly into my veins...

Gotta make more room on the Sad Kershaw montage, I suppose...
[Reply]
VAChief 05:40 AM 10-10-2019
Inject this directly into my veins...

Gotta make more room on the Sad Kershaw montage, I suppose...
One of my dearest Cardinal memories was getting to attend Game 6 of the NLCS, Kershaw against Wacha. I had just buried my father two days before and my brother got us tickets before I had to return home (8 rows behind the Cardinal bench). It wasn't one of his legendary meltdowns, but more of a slow bloodletting he couldn't survive.

It just boggles the mind how he so consistently has crapped his pants in the postseason.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 211
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182 > Last »
Up