ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Boot Is Coming Down Hard Now
BucEyedPea 10:25 AM 01-09-2021
Only the start, there's a lot more of this coming. This is just the first post of this thread. It's not just Trump, it's the American message. Thousands of conservatives already having their accounts banned even if they did not participate in the Capitol surge. Now you know why antifa thugs were sent in to that protest and broke through right at the point where airing of election irregularities would happen and being on the verge of getting a commission to investigate it. Cui Bono?
CNN is now lobbying cable providers to remove Fox News from their channel lineups. Not surprising.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:26 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
translation: I am in favor of controlling and regulating businesses and people that I disagree with but against controlling or regulation of companies and people with whose views I agree.

Do you see a lot of people bellyaching about Ben and Jerrys?

It's not about whether or not you agree with them, it's about whether they are protected monopolies providing services that should be content-neutral, particularly when that's what they promoted themselves as.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 08:32 PM 01-10-2021
fucking idiot commie/fascist Patt doesn't even know whats rights are. ill give you a hint, try reading the constitution.

I'm in favor of religious freedom. that includes having a government free OF religion. religion should be between you , your church and your God. I happen to believe in God. im just not arrogant enough to push my religion on others. any conservative movement is going to have to ditch people like pat who get 'confused' about where their rights end and mine begin.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:36 PM 01-10-2021
****ing idiot commie/fascist
That is one confused idiot.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
People have been warning about this for a long time.

• Get off Twitter
  • Get off Facebook
  • Get off Instagram
  • Get off YouTube
  • As much as possible, avoid all Google owned applications
  • Find the lists of companies that have gone into the tank for the left and, to the extent it's possible, stop patronizing them.

And, if you're one of the rare leftists who actually still believes in free speech and/or fair business dealings, you should be doing the same.
From their former employees:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11464826/
[Reply]
Pawnmower 08:36 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Do you see a lot of people bellyaching about Ben and Jerrys?
no. id imagine if someone had a problem with them. they'd not buy their products. if someone had a HUGE problem with them, they would organize a boycott, write articles or letters. you know...free market type solutions.

but I dont regularly buy their products or know anything about their company. ive had it a few times. it tasted pretty good. but if I was made aware they supported something I didn't like, I'd consider never buying their products again etc..
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:42 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by lostcause:
Did Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez beat you up in 7th grade?

Shit, that dizzy bitch most likely never went to the 7th grade......but beat me up....Not likely.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:50 PM 01-10-2021
no. id imagine if someone had a problem with them. they'd not buy their products. if someone had a HUGE problem with them, they would organize a boycott, write articles or letters. you know...free market type solutions.

but I dont regularly buy their products or know anything about their company. ive had it a few times. it tasted pretty good. but if I was made aware they supported something I didn't like, I'd consider never buying their products again etc..
Suppose a corporation like Ben and Jerrys had enough pull to pressure supermarkets to bar undesireable demographics from shopping their stores?

A supermarket is a decent analogous concern as a content-neutral provider, as in their provide groceries to customers regardless of their opinions or their purpose for the groceries [aside from meth ingredients, I guess].

And I suppose they could be monopolies in some small communities.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:55 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Shit, that dizzy bitch most likely never went to the 7th grade......but beat me up....Not likely.
No. But I bet when she was in the 7th grade she would gladly have beat you off!
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:01 PM 01-10-2021
Suppose a corporation like Ben and Jerrys had enough pull to pressure supermarkets to bar undesireable demographics from shopping their stores?
depending on demographic used they could be violating federal law ,its against the law to refuse service to someone based on demographics like : race & sex..etc

I cant think of any demographics that ben and Jerry's would want to NOT sell ice cream.to. and , I cant think of any demographics that price chopper would want to ban, just to be able to stock ben and Jerry's..

can you list some examples of demographics that 1) ben and Jerry's wouldn't want to.take money from and 2) price chopper would willingly refuse serve to in order to stock ben and Jerry's and 3) that it would be legal to do so 4) that it would be possible to check and see if this customer was in this demographic without violation of their rights in some way 5) would this be profitable?

maybe 5-6 concrete examples of some specific demographics would help me figure out how to answer this
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:08 PM 01-10-2021
depending on demographic used they could be violating federal law ,its against the law to refuse service to someone based on demographics like : race & sex..etc

I cant think of any demographics that ben and Jerry's would want to NOT sell ice cream.to. and , I cant think of any demographics that price chopper would want to ban, just to be able to stock ben and Jerry's..

can you list some examples of demographics that 1) ben and Jerry's wouldn't want to.take money from and 2) price chopper would willingly refuse serve to in order to stock ben and Jerry's and 3) that it would be legal to do so 4) that it would be possible to check and see if this customer was in this demographic without violation of their rights in some way 5) would this be profitable?

maybe 5-6 concrete examples of some specific demographics would help me figure out how to answer this
The specifics of any hypothetical are irrelevant, the entire point was to generalize the notion by analogy.

You're either amenable to content-neutral providers, particularly those with monopoly, cutting off services by trait, or you oppose it. It doesn't matter whether they are cutting off minorities out of spite or cutting off deplorable out of purported virtue, or whatever other hypothetical you think you need.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:26 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
No. But I bet when she was in the 7th grade she would gladly have beat you off!

She does sort of remind me of a Mama-san back in the Nam............ :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:29 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You’re right BEP. Enemies of free speech are now in control.
Weird flex coming from the Bush/Cheney Patriot Act fan
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:43 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Weird flex coming from the Bush/Cheney Patriot Act fan
real "conservative " idea

and supporting waging a war in Iraq against a country who had zero to.do with 9/11

chicken hawk and closet fascist
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:54 PM 01-10-2021
The specifics of any hypothetical are irrelevant, the entire point was to generalize the notion by analogy.

You're either amenable to content-neutral providers, particularly those with monopoly, cutting off services by trait, or you oppose it. It doesn't matter whether they are cutting off minorities out of spite or cutting off deplorable out of purported virtue, or whatever other hypothetical you think you need.
in that case,, your analogy is false.

to correct it, here is what you would ask:

Is it ok with you if a grocery store refuses to carry Ben and Jerrys products because of disagreement with their politics?

my answer would be yes to this more accurate analogy.

a grocery store (or web host) has the right to not host the product like ice cream (or parler) if they don't want to.

Ben & jerrys (or parler) are free to find a different host (store) to distribute their products. don't you agree?
[Reply]
patteeu 10:11 PM 01-10-2021
fucking idiot commie/fascist Patt doesn't even know whats rights are. ill give you a hint, try reading the constitution.

I'm in favor of religious freedom. that includes having a government free OF religion. religion should be between you , your church and your God. I happen to believe in God. im just not arrogant enough to push my religion on others. any conservative movement is going to have to ditch people like pat who get 'confused' about where their rights end and mine begin.
He says while continuing to leave his position on the subject vague to the point of meaninglessness. What a clown.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up