ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Boot Is Coming Down Hard Now
BucEyedPea 10:25 AM 01-09-2021
Only the start, there's a lot more of this coming. This is just the first post of this thread. It's not just Trump, it's the American message. Thousands of conservatives already having their accounts banned even if they did not participate in the Capitol surge. Now you know why antifa thugs were sent in to that protest and broke through right at the point where airing of election irregularities would happen and being on the verge of getting a commission to investigate it. Cui Bono?
CNN is now lobbying cable providers to remove Fox News from their channel lineups. Not surprising.


[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:13 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Free market at work. See? America, Baby!!

Do you know what PBS stands for?
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:17 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Do you know what PBS stands for?

did you know they are a non profit and not a governmental agency?
did you know non profits can fire and hire?
did you know they can make contracts with who they want to?
(Because FREEDOM!!!)
did you know they have CEO's?


JFC youre an imbecile man.. you make this TOO easy
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:21 PM 01-12-2021
LOL so lets see all the things Prison bitch is now a huge fan of:






LOL


keep talking i will grow this list
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:24 PM 01-12-2021
They get sizeable funding from taxpayers.

They aren’t “the free market”.

It was a dumb point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I do love how you've now decided to try framing your argument in a specific manner, but I didn't specify "ban users for violating their TOS".
First off, I stated early in this thread that it was a mistake to ban Trump from Twitter. I realize that it's their right to do so but I also think it was an incredibly divisive and harmful decision that will only fire up Trump supporters even more than they are today, which could also escalate the violence.

But with that said, Trump was warned on several occasions, so Twitter made that decision. I don't like it but it's legal in every sense and it is NOT censorship because Trump can walk into the Media room and broadcast live at any point in time or he can go to his own website for anyone to see and print whatever he feels like printing. Donald Trump no longer has a Facebook or Twitter account because he violated their TOS but that is not censorship in any way, shape or form.

Absolutely no one is silencing Donald Trump.

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
However, one obvious example of what went down was Twitter locking down the NYP over the Hunter Biden story, and blocking users from sharing that story.
I was unaware that Twitter made that decision because I do not follow their actions on a daily or even weekly action.

But again, this is not an example of censorship because that story was readily available from other sources.

Now, I DO believe that Twitter has been inconsistent with their policy, which I also spoke to earlier in this thread. It's a huge mistake, IMO, to allow Iran or whomever to continue posting about killing other politicians while at the same time, banning people like Trump and Steve Bannon and others that have been banned from social media platforms. It's hypocritical.

But in doing so, Twitter did not violate any First Amendment laws nor could it be considered censorship by a court of law in America because again, Trump and Bannon are allowed to voice their opinions and messages using any other platform, whether it's for text messages or video.

I still have no idea why Trump isn't using his own website to communicate with the world. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:32 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I still have no idea why Trump isn't using his own website to communicate with the world. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
There was a guy I follow who suggested Trump, when he was in office set-up a Trump channel, to talk to the people and inform them of what he was doing and who was helping with it. The latter would let his voters know who was supporting what he ran on.

Kinda like a Fireside Chat that FDR used but updated for today. This way he could by-pass the press, reframing his words and get a more substantial message out rather then the limited space of a tweet.

Also, Trump was warned about some of the people he surrounded himself with, that they were lying to him. I bet he regrets not listening to them now. That to me was his biggest mistake and which led to most his other blunders.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:33 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
First off, I stated early in this thread that it was a mistake to ban Trump from Twitter. I realize that it's their right to do so but I also think it was an incredibly divisive and harmful decision that will only fire up Trump supporters even more than they are today, which could also escalate the violence.

But with that said, Trump was warned on several occasions, so Twitter made that decision. I don't like it but it's legal in every sense and it is NOT censorship because Trump can walk into the Media room and broadcast live at any point in time or he can go to his own website for anyone to see and print whatever he feels like printing. Donald Trump no longer has a Facebook or Twitter account because he violated their TOS but that is not censorship in any way, shape or form.

Absolutely no one is silencing Donald Trump.



I was unaware that Twitter made that decision because I do not follow their actions on a daily or even weekly action.

But again, this is not an example of censorship because that story was readily available from other sources.

Now, I DO believe that Twitter has been inconsistent with their policy, which I also spoke to earlier in this thread. It's a huge mistake, IMO, to allow Iran or whomever to continue posting about killing other politicians while at the same time, banning people like Trump and Steve Bannon and others that have been banned from social media platforms. It's hypocritical.

But in doing so, Twitter did not violate any First Amendment laws nor could it be considered censorship by a court of law in America because again, Trump and Bannon are allowed to voice their opinions and messages using any other platform, whether it's for text messages or video.

I still have no idea why Trump isn't using his own website to communicate with the world. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Again, you have proven that you have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:33 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They get sizeable funding from taxpayers.

Lots of non profits do business with the government, as do private sector companies.... Their funding comes from LOTS of sources, and none of them are directly from taxes...
They have a contract with the CPB (among many others), that could end at any time. Just like any contract should. Its actually a perfect point. Your own
lack of self awareness and lack of understanding of these matters doesn't mean it wasn't a valid point. It means you don't know shit, as usual.
The point is - Companies (and yes that includes non profits) should be able to have a contract with whoever they want to , or DON'T want to. I'm not surprised this point was
too much for you to grasp though. Mr Uganda. And yes it applies to the free market, since if PBS stopped getting donation or contracts with other companies they
would cease to exist. So theyre doing what is best for THEM. as it should be.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 06:03 PM 01-12-2021
New PBS special on some of the patriots
of ChiefsPlanet



[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:20 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Again, you have proven that you have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.
Trump can just walk to that room!

For 9 more days.

People are missing the larger picture as they submit to the oligarchy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:40 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Again, you have proven that you have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.
And you have proven, once again, that you’re nothing more than a blowhard.

I’ve asked you point blank to give us your interpretation of 230, yet all you do is ask more questions or make accusatory comments.

There’s no way that you are a lawyer. Not buying it for one second.

Every lawyer I know is so unbelievably verbose and passionate about the law that it’s next to impossible to get them to shut up yet you fail to answer ANY question while continuing to tell other that they don’t know of what they speak.

You are a phony.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:08 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
did you know they are a non profit and not a governmental agency?
did you know non profits can fire and hire?
did you know they can make contracts with who they want to?
(Because FREEDOM!!!)
did you know they have CEO's?


JFC youre an imbecile man.. you make this TOO easy
They get $26.67M from...
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) — American non-profit corporation created in 1967 by an act of the United States Congress and funded by the American taxpayer, as stated under their logo in use since 2000, to promote and help support public broadcasting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpor...c_Broadcasting
So BFD if it also gets donations from foundations and other groups. It still gets our hard-earned money. It's also a Federal Lie Factory.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:42 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
So BFD if it also gets donations from foundations and other groups. It still gets our hard-earned money. It's also a Federal Lie Factory.

oh wow so you're telling me a non profit company gets DONATIONS? how on earth did you figure that out? I actually didn't realize you were big brain enough to figure that enigma out. impressive. next you'll be telling me that grass is green and water is wet!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:50 PM 01-12-2021
So twitter banned the hashtag— #1984. :-)

Says all ya' need to know.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:55 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
oh wow so you're telling me a non profit company gets DONATIONS? how on earth did you figure that out? I actually didn't realize you were big brain enough to figure that enigma out. impressive. next you'll be telling me that grass is green and water is wet!
No I am not telling you that. I am responding to you having said that, as if they only get donations and no taxpayer money. It's not what you claimed entirely so I said "BFD" to it. Capiche?

You might go back and read your post, to understand what you said and my context. Then you wouldn't make a strawman argument riddled with ad hom to boot. I think you're reacting emotionally like an insecure person by getting defensive.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up