ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment already fucking Biden
petegz28 10:29 AM 01-12-2021
:-)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...der-his-agenda

Biden questions whether Trump impeachment trial could hinder his agenda

"I had a discussion today with some of the folks in the House and Senate," Biden told reporters on Monday while receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. "And the question is whether or not, for example, if the House moves forward – which they obviously are – with the impeachment and sends it over to the Senate, whether or not we can bifurcate this."

Absent a broader agreement among leadership, Senate rules dictate that during impeachment – which often lasts for weeks – senators must meet six days a week, taking only Sunday off, potentially hindering the incoming administration. Biden signaled that he was exploring ways to advance his plan to tackle the dual health and economic crises while still pursuing impeachment.

"Can we go half-day on dealing with the impeachment and half-day getting my people nominated and confirmed in the Senate?" he asked.

While Biden said he had not received an answer from the Senate parliamentarian on his request, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who will soon become the majority leader, suggested he was open to dividing time between impeachment and confirming Biden's nominees, saying "we've got to move the agenda as well."

"We’re going to have to do several things at once, but we’ve got to move the agenda as well," Schumer told the Buffalo News. "Yes, we've got to do both."

Like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Schumer has endorsed impeaching Trump if Vice President Mike Pence does not invoke the 25th Amendment to deem Trump unfit and remove him from office. It appears unlikely that Pence and a majority of the Cabinet will do so.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:30 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
There is nothing to be gained by impeachment

Thats not necessarily true, there is a list of pros and cons. I personally don't think impeachment is worth it ,

but there are some pretty reasonable arguments as to why it is worth it...but it will come with a cost.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:32 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Thats not necessarily true, there is a list of pros and cons. I personally don't think impeachment is worth it ,

but there are some pretty reasonable arguments as to why it is worth it...but it will come with a cost.
Nothing to be gained. You risk making Trump a martyr.

This happened with Clinton. I hated the fact the R's went after him. Had they just left it at he was scum banging interns in the Oval Office that's how shit would have went down.

People got turned off by the impeachment because they thought time could be better spent.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:36 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Nothing to be gained. You risk making Trump a martyr.

This happened with Clinton. I hated the fact the R's went after him. Had they just left it at he was scum banging interns in the Oval Office that's how shit would have went down.

People got turned off by the impeachment because they thought time could be better spent.
wins and losses - that is what all of our politics/parties has become.....
[Reply]
jettio 06:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
That perfectly describes the last 4 years... You guys are so ****ing delusional.
Please explain what you mean by that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up