ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 40
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
dtforever 07:40 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I won't rest until I get my answer, with links to the River Falls Shower event, and a link to that threadstarter....AND the thread by Phobia that followed. This answer is now worth 5 points.
Okay, so you can rest, I went on a little Danielle(or is it Danyelle) Sargent story search. Here is what I came up with:

1. No link to the RF shower event available. Danyelle asked Phobia to remove the thread because it was the first hit when Googling her name, so he removed it. link. The story is included in this thread as a result of a google search by ENDelt.

2. Gunther_Fan was the creator of the original thread.

3. Phobia's follow-up thread rejected penthouse letters

Am I missing anything?
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:15 AM 03-18-2008
+5 dtforever

I knew that was going to be tougher to find, which is why the link to the follow up thread was important. Nice job.

Gunther_fan is the name of the threadstarter, though he's changed names more times than gochiefs has jerked his gerkin to Luke Skywalker.

This my friends...is part of your heritage. Our history. thank you gunthergonzofrequiliizershowalez_fan.

My friend and I went to Chiefs training camp in River Falls as guests of the Chiefs like we always do. The Chiefs put us up in the college Dorms. We stayed in the same dorms the players and coaches did. The players are in one building, the coaches are in another and the guests, VIPs, NFL refs, etc. are in another building. We stayed in the VIP building with the NFL refs. That is actually a womens dorm building. In the summer, there are no women in the building except for female RA. Last year, we were told to use the womens restroom and shower room that was directly accross from our dorm room because there were no women in the building. This year, we got into town really late and checked in quickly. The RA gave us our keys and didn't go over any info or rules because we said we knew all of the rules because we've stayed there before. The next morning I got up to take a shower. I checked my buddy's dorm room and he was gone. He was already in the shower. I went into the shower room and stripped down. The shower room has 4 shower stalls (with curtains that are too short to close all of the way) and 2 bench stalls where you can stand or sit to dry off. I placed my clothes on the bench (neatly folded). I looked under the bench and there were some shower shoes. They were fuzzy wool. You know, the type of stuff you'd put on your Camaro seat. They looked kind of like bunny shower shoes, but they didn't have any ears. I thought, "that's wierd, my buddy doesn't wear bunny shower shoes, does he?". I bent over and looked under the stall walls. I could see 2 sets of legs in diffferent shower stalls. I assumed my buddy was in one and another dude was in another. There are other people in the dorms also, so it's not uncommon for other dudes to be there. I didn't think anything of it, passed the two occupied shower stalls and took my naked a$$ into the back shower stall. I was only in the shower for a couple of minutes. I heard my buddy get out and start drying off. I then heard someone else get out. I heard my buddy talking to the other person, but I couldn't hear what they were saying because the water was loud and the shower room echoed. I heard my friend leave quickly and then the other person left in a couple of minutes. My friend came back into the shower room and said " hey "Freakshow" (not my real name) get out of the shower RIGHT NOW!!" Obviously, something wasn't right. I said ok and I did. I went to his dorm room and he told me what had occured. He said that there was someone already in the shower when he went in and he assumed it was a guy. When he got out of the shower and was drying off, Danyelle opened the shower curtain and walked out, right in front of him. He had just wrapped a towel around himself. The dorm gives us these stupid little tiny shower towels. They are so small they don't wrap all of the way around. He was standing there with half of his a$$ hanging out. She came out wearting NOTHING but a T-shirt. It was one of those long T-shirts that go down to her a$$. We think that she realized that dudes were in the shower room and that is why she reached out of the shower stall to get her T-shirt that was hanging on a hook outside the shower stall and put it on while behind the curtain and in the stall. Otherwise, she would have come out, right in front of him, BUCK NAKED. She was very cool about it. She didn't scream or yell or get upset or anything. She simply said "this is a girls shower room". My buddy apologised a thousand times. She said "don't worry, no big deal". He then, took his nearly naked a$$ out. I was still in the shower at this time. I guess those were her fuzzy bunny shoes. My friend is a Youth Pastor and wouldn't tell me what he saw or didn't see. She had a T-shirt on but he said it didn't go all of the way down, especially when she turned around. He tried not to look. He wouldn't be any more specific then that. I do know that I walked right passed her shower stall when she was showering. She may have seen me buck naked. I don't really know. I don't really care. I didn't look into her stall (the shower curtains are only cover the shower stall opening by about 2/3. You can see right into any shower stall. I guess I could have looked but I assumed it was a dude and, of course, I don't look into a guy's shower stall. I don't know if I wish I'd looked or not. I would have seen all I wanted, but I'd probably have a law suit filed against me. She was really cool about the whole thing. Her dorm room was right next to ours. I talked to her out in the hallway right after the event and she said it was no big deal and she wasn't embarrased. We ran into her about a thousand times over the next 3 days. It was very awkward when we did. My friend and another dude that was still sleeping when all of this happened had gone to Bo's and Mine the night before and took note of a good looking black girl that was there. After this occured, they realized that she was the girl that they had seen the night before at Bos and Mine. We didn't know who she was until we got home and watched Metro Sports. We about had a heart attack when we saw her on TV. That's the story and it's all true. 100%.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:22 AM 03-18-2008
A Planet poster who usually totally dominates the hoes on spring break, composed a plan in which women would no longer control men with all of the vagina-mineral rights. How did this person propose to do this? Has it been attempted?
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:38 AM 03-18-2008
You need to field the question of who the participants were in the Great Facial Hair Growing Contest and who won said contest.

Providing pictures would earn bonus points.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:02 AM 03-18-2008
Dart....Thats a very nice recollection.

Long timers such as yourself, have been turned loose to propose questions....and are responsible for awarding points for your own questions.

Who were the 2 contestants in the planets famous beard growing competition? Bonus points awarded for photos and the winning catfish.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 09:06 AM 03-18-2008
A Planet poster who usually totally dominates the hoes on spring break, composed a plan in which women would no longer control men with all of the vagina-mineral rights. How did this person propose to do this? Has it been attempted?
KCChiefsMan came up with the idea to create a fembot.

I seem to remember that it was about the same time as those Capital One commercials about identity theft, where the lady is getting her hair done, and talking (voice dubbed over with a guy's) about her buying parts for "my robot, my GIRL robot".

Funny stuff.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:30 AM 03-18-2008
Dart....Thats a very nice recollection.

Long timers such as yourself, have been turned loose to propose questions....and are responsible for awarding points for your own questions.

Who were the 2 contestants in the planets famous beard growing competition? Bonus points awarded for photos and the winning catfish.
Heh. This one shouldn't be too hard to find for the GooglePlanetLurkers. I just got done perusing it and am now having a hard time understanding why it is not in the Hall of Classics.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:44 AM 03-18-2008
This shit is too awesome to wait on a lurker.....more of whom should be from under the rock working on this! Planet Greatness!

I think williamtheirish instigated this contest....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109342

I was right on too....gochiefs DID look like he'd rubbed honey on his face and bobbed for mints in a public urinal.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109352
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:12 AM 03-18-2008
How about the first member who gave us much hilarity when upon trying his best june-bug impression walked through my deck screen door and knocked it completely from the tracks and out onto the deck at my first ever hosting of the 37 Forever Bash?
[Reply]
Chief Wiggum 10:25 AM 03-18-2008
I can't keep up. What questions are still up for grabs?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 10:26 AM 03-18-2008
Bass Hand
[Reply]
Logical 10:31 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by jeffrho68:
Gaz.
Nope sorry, close though, Gaz just left, no I am leaving post. Perhaps you should get 1/2 a point

This one is still open who is the only poster to post an I am leaving thread and then never post again and never returned.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 AM 03-18-2008
Gawd that beard sucked. Never again.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:33 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
I can't keep up. What questions are still up for grabs?
This one is. Worth 2 points...

Originally Posted by Dartgod:
A couple of years ago, one of the original Planeteers attempted to set a new world record. Unfortunately, his attempt was prematurely abandoned.

Who was the Planet member and what record was he attempting to break?

[Reply]
Logical 10:34 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
Name the three posters who have started 10,000 post threads
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
Just a guess,

Rainman
Goatse
and yourself Ill-Logical

possibly Laz if one of the above is incorrect
Sorry, you did not even get one right.
[Reply]