ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 30
« First < 192526272829 30 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This is my last post on the planet.
MrBlond 02:12 PM 08-03-2004
For personal reasons, not related to health, I have to leave Chiefsplanet forever. It has nothing to do with anyone on the board or any issue with the board. A more interesting group of people there couldnt be.

In all honesty I feel like I am saying goodbye to friends. Thanks for everything.

Steve
[Reply]
lcarus 08:35 PM 09-18-2020
Damn 2004? That was before I even lurked around here. Still had 2 seasons left with Dick Vermeil.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:37 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
TLO you are charged with solving this mystery. We expect weekly reports!
I agree that it's TLO's responsibility to figure this out.
[Reply]
scho63 08:38 PM 09-18-2020
Looks like he made Legend status pretty quick back in the day

16 years ago already!
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:41 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
His avatar says his location is "South of the Border". Has this been explored? Could mean that prison was likely but he was making his escape. At that time, there would have been no safe/easy way to post here without leaving an online trail.
That's certainly a good theory.

Another theory is that he was an alien sent here to observe us, and he was sent back to his home planet. It makes a lot of sense if you read his farewell message. It wasn't health that stopped his posting; it was physics.

We'll know if we someday receive a message from him across the galaxy, but it's likely that it'll be thousands of years from now. Maybe we should sticky this thread.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:46 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Looks like he made Legend status pretty quick back in the day

16 years ago already!
I cannot believe it's been 16 years since 2004. The passage of time really freaks me out. I don't know why. Getting old and decades going by didn't creep up on me. Always knew it was gonna happen to me like everyone else. I heard a classic rock song the other day and realized....this song is 50 years old. Ugh. Crazy.
[Reply]
scho63 08:48 PM 09-18-2020
Here are things he posted about himself:

Date of Birth
February 1st, 1968 (52)

Name: Steve

Could these be fakes? Possible but back then internet stalking and getting doxxed didn't exist. Who would put that occupation down as a fake?

Was he a copy repair man who glorified his job with a fancy title?

Did he repair printing presses?

Could he have killed someone with his car while drunk or on drugs?

Just a real interesting ending, kinda like the DB Cooper of CP. :-)
[Reply]
Otter 09:04 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here are things he posted about himself:

Date of Birth
February 1st, 1968 (52)

Name: Steve

Could these be fakes? Possible but back then internet stalking and getting doxxed didn't exist. Who would put that occupation down as a fake?

Was he a copy repair man who glorified his job with a fancy title?

Did he repair printing presses?

Could he have killed someone with his car while drunk or on drugs?

Just a real interesting ending, kinda like the DB Cooper of CP. :-)
Wouldn't be one bit surprised if Mr. Blonde is regular poster that planted a seed and watching it blossom and laughing. It's almost up Clayton's sleeve but he doesn't have the this kind of patience to my best guess.

AustinChief, speak up!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:33 PM 09-18-2020
Mr. Blonde has not been seen since he jumped out of a hijacked TWA plane with a million bucks in a backpack.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:43 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I cannot believe it's been 16 years since 2004. The passage of time really freaks me out. I don't know why. Getting old and decades going by didn't creep up on me. Always knew it was gonna happen to me like everyone else. I heard a classic rock song the other day and realized....this song is 50 years old. Ugh. Crazy.
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun...
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:03 PM 09-18-2020
never knew him.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:04 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Damn 2004? That was before I even lurked around here. Still had 2 seasons left with Dick Vermeil.
That very well have been it
[Reply]
lcarus 10:06 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That very well have been it
Haha. Well things got a hell of a lot worse than that!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 PM 09-18-2020
Could CP solve this, is the real question? Just how good are you guys?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:43 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Could CP solve this, is the real question? Just how good are you guys?
Well, he either wanted to leave and was too nice to say so. In fact, even went as far as to lie about it. I doubt that was the case. So the only other option is that he had no choice but to leave. And I can't really think of anything that would force someone to definitively leave an internet message board forever like that. Other than what...prison or death? Maybe I'm just not using my imagination enough. But digging into his post history, his 2nd to last post was 24 hours before his last post. It was in the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas thread and the post was "Oh, I'm getting a 'fro". That doesn't really help much. Maybe he's still playing San Andreas?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:52 PM 09-18-2020
well all i can add is someone, as we've gone along here, over the years on CP mentioned he posted on the Royals board a lot and dropped his username (on that board) here. I didn't see it in his thread, but I can find it if you all wanna keep going at this. I love mysteries like this and will waste a week researching. But maybe Mo is right - just let it rest, his mentioning it was personal, and all.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 30
« First < 192526272829 30 >
Up