ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which currently nominated Chief do you most WANT to be in the Hall of Fame?
Albert Lewis 15 30.61%
Brian Waters 15 30.61%
James Hasty 1 2.04%
Jared Allen 1 2.04%
Leslie O'Neal 0 0%
Michael Dean Perry 0 0%
Neil Smith 2 4.08%
Nick Lowery 0 0%
Priest Holmes 13 26.53%
Zach Thomas 1 2.04%
I don't want any of these players in the HoF, and I am an unlovable cretin. 0 0%
I don't recognize any of these players. 0 0%
I'll hold my vote until Patrick Mahomes II is on the list. 0 0%
I enjoy voting in polls but I guard my privacy very strongly. 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 Hall of Fame (and media guys) Initial Cut
Rain Man 07:44 PM 09-17-2020
130 great former players and some former players who are friends with the media made the cut.

The ones that matter (former Chiefs) are:

Priest Holmes
Brian Waters
Jared Allen
Leslie O'Neal
Michael Dean Perry (one game with the Chiefs, but it counts)
Neil Smith
Zach Thomas (well, kind of)
James Hasty
Albert Lewis
Nick Lowery

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:50 PM 09-17-2020
There are several deserving players on that list, but if I have to throw my weight behind one, it would be Albert Lewis. I never caught a single pass against Albert Lewis.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:52 PM 09-17-2020
That wr list is stacked. Ellard, Calvin and Chad Johnson, Hines ward
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:53 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
That wr list is stacked. Ellard, Calvin and Chad Johnson, Hines ward
And I might take Torry Holt over any of them. Well, maybe not Calvin.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:06 PM 09-17-2020
If I was picking the 25 semifinalists from this list, they would be:

Peyton Manning, even though he ended his career as a cheater.
Randall Cunningham
Tiki Barber
Priest Holmes
Torry Holt
Calvin Johnson (hard to believe he's been retired for five years)
Jimmy Smith
Brian Waters
Alan Faneca
Erik Williams
Richard Seymour
Ray Childress
Jared Allen
Neil Smith
Clay Matthews
Pat Swilling
Lance Briggs
Patrick Willis
Chris Spielman
Albert Lewis
Charles Woodson
Adrian Wilson
John Lynch (cheater)
Charles Tillman
Gary Anderson
[Reply]
oldman 08:51 AM 09-18-2020
Until OT is in, the HoF is a joke. The Ben Davidson incident alone should be enough to qualify him.
That rant over, my choice would be Brian Waters. He should have never left KC. Thanks a lot, Scoot Peeholi, you miserable SOB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There are several deserving players on that list, but if I have to throw my weight behind one, it would be Albert Lewis. I never caught a single pass against Albert Lewis.
Agreed.

I've always kinda felt like Lewis has been overlooked in historical conversations.

I mean ultimately I don't think he makes the cut or even that he SHOULD, but Lewis is almost certainly one of the best 50 Cornerbacks of all time. You can make an argument to put him in the top 25 if you try hard enough.

His 1989 season is one for the ages (1990 was excellent as well). The list of dudes that reached the peak he reached over that 4 year run from '87-90 and also played at a high level for as long as he did (a quality starter CB from 84-96) is really damn short.

When talking heads discuss guys like Richard Sherman they just call him "Future Hall of Famer Richard Sherman" and that's that. But man, apart from hype, I struggle to say that Sherman has had a demonstrably better career than Lewis had.

And his exploits on special teams are legendary to boot.

Yeah, this is Lewis in a walk. He won't get in and maybe he even shouldn't get in, but he damn sure deserves more credit than he gets.
[Reply]
oldman 09:06 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Agreed.

I've always kinda felt like Lewis has been overlooked in historical conversations.

I mean ultimately I don't think he makes the cut or even that he SHOULD, but Lewis is almost certainly one of the best 50 Cornerbacks of all time. You can make an argument to put him in the top 25 if you try hard enough.

His 1989 season is one for the ages (1990 was excellent as well). The list of dudes that reached the peak he reached over that 4 year run from '87-90 and also played at a high level for as long as he did (a quality starter CB from 84-96) is really damn short.

When talking heads discuss guys like Richard Sherman they just call him "Future Hall of Famer Richard Sherman" and that's that. But man, apart from hype, I struggle to say that Sherman has had a demonstrably better career than Lewis had.

Yeah, this is Lewis in a walk. He won't get in and maybe he even shouldn't get in, but he damn sure deserves more credit than he gets.
One of the best CBs to ever wear red and gold. You're right about his special teams play as well, he was a kick-blocking machine. However, I still can't get past playing for the hated Faiders.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:08 AM 09-18-2020
Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor and Otis Taylor. In that order.
[Reply]
scho63 09:45 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor and Otis Taylor. In that order.
Not sure why but I knew this was coming........:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:51 AM 09-18-2020
Well, yeah, that's a given. I'm hoping they finally wise up and nominate him through the seniors committee.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Agreed.

Richard Sherman made himself a household name, his personality and stand out plays in post season games is what will get him in.
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:32 AM 09-18-2020
listing Zach Thomas as a Chief is kind of like Ronnie Lott being a Chief.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:36 AM 09-18-2020
Dang it i wanted to hit up but accidentally hit down otis should ve hall of fame worthy
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:37 AM 09-18-2020
The more I look at the list, I think the only thing keeping several of these guys out is that they embraced evil at the ends of their careers. Albert and Hasty became Raiders, Neil became a bronco, and Waters became a patriot. It's hard to overcome stuff like that in the minds of ethical voters.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up