ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which loser wins tonight?
Bengals 35 66.04%
Browns 18 33.96%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Thursday Night Disappointment - Bengals @ Browns ***
TribalElder 09:26 AM 09-17-2020
Bengals (0-1)
@
Browns (0-1)

battle of the winless teams
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As long as they're playing each other. :-)
That's fair. I just thought Stefanski used the offense the way kitchens should have last year. Run run run, use baker for scripted rollouts. They have to be really encouraged by what they saw from their offense. There's enough talent on that team that it shouldn't be hard to at least look competent. It also helps that they didn't play like undisciplined morons considering how many games boneheaded penalties costed them last year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:34 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow. I was close.

Burrow can play.
Yeah, he looks very pro ready. Sucks that he’s in a situation that will take several years to be competitive. They’re going to waste his rookie contract.

A contender who needed a QB (Patriots for instance) should’ve just packaged a shit load of picks to go get him.

The Bengals could stockpile picks for the rebuild and grab Lawrence in the next draft.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:37 AM 09-18-2020
Browns fans have a Covid Brawl in the stands. Dumb asses.. https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/18/cleve...g-bengals-nfl/
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:55 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Even though it wasnt much of a game it was still good football.

Joe burrow looked great and the Bengals have to be excited to have him.

The browns looked great. They need to hide baker as much as possible but they did it really well. And that run game with just a little wiggle room can be dangerous.

Two historically bad teams who have some reason to be optimistic.
I'd like to see the Browns running game against some other teams, but those two running backs were legit last night.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:57 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As long as they're playing each other. :-)

Yeah the Ravens destroyed the Browns last Sunday.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:17 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Browns fans have a Covid Brawl in the stands. Dumb asses.. https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/18/cleve...g-bengals-nfl/
At least they were wearing their masks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:38 PM 09-18-2020
Despite being 0-2, Cincy fans must be over the moon about their new stud... easily the most legit looking rookie since Mahomes himself
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 03:45 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Despite being 0-2, Cincy fans must be over the moon about their new stud... easily the most legit looking rookie since Mahomes himself
They're probably scared to death that his O-Line is going to get him killed, Burrow has been getting hit a lot. Hope he's able to stay healthy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:54 PM 09-18-2020
Burrow looks legit. Though his yards per attempt average was laughably low, in every other respect he had a pretty solid night. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw a QB throw the ball 61 times in a game. And he didn't throw a single INT in the process.

More important than his stats though, he looked like a pro QB. He made good reads, threw the ball accurately and with the appropriate touch when needed, and I can't remember him making a serious mental error during the game. Of course, I missed part of the second and third quarters, but still.

It's really unfortunate that he's tied to CIN though. That organization will probably not only squander his rookie contract, but also markedly shorten his career by never protecting him properly.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:55 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
They're probably scared to death that his O-Line is going to get him killed, Burrow has been getting hit a lot. Hope he's able to stay healthy.
Andrew Luck 2.0 if the Cincy front office does not get him some help on the offensive line. Won't make it to age 30 in this league if he keeps taking so many big time hits.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:10 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Yep, that front office better be trying to move Heaven and Earth to improve that unit THIS year, not next... pony up some picks and make a trade happen before its too late
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yep, that front office better be trying to move Heaven and Earth to improve that unit THIS year, not next... pony up some picks and make a trade happen before its too late
absolutely. I would also concern myself less with trying to win games and dropping him back 60 times and more on keeping him healthy. Run first, play-action, keep the kid upright no matter the score.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:10 AM 09-19-2020
I would already take Burrow over Mayfield, Darnold, and Allen. Put him on the Bills right now and they might be better than the Ravens.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:16 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'd like to see the Browns running game against some other teams, but those two running backs were legit last night.
Yeah, especially since they also have a really good OL. And Stefanski had a real good run game in Minnesota. At this point its all about how you hide baker just enough to get it going.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:29 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
absolutely. I would also concern myself less with trying to win games and dropping him back 60 times and more on keeping him healthy. Run first, play-action, keep the kid upright no matter the score.
I worry they're too stupid for that. They'll recognize Burrow's talent and then run him into the ground by having him drop back 50+ times a game.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Up