ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
jdubya 04:13 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Los Angeles Business Leaders, along with the Mayor and City Commission, made it blatantly clear that the Raiders were not welcome in Los Angeles under any circumstances.

The Chargers have Bottom 5 ownership, right next to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and the Jets, so of course they made a bad decision because "That's what stupid do".
Dont doubt that at all. Al was hated by city and county leaders and NFL execs everywhere so I know the political reasons why they went to Vegas........my point was specifically fan base related.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:15 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
my point was specifically fan base related.
And that's exactly why Business and Civic Leaders wanted absolutely nothing to to with the Raiders in Los Angeles.

That fan base brought nothing but crime, violence and destruction to Los Angeles the first time, so there will be no second time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:21 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've checked his stats in late games last season. In the playoffs, he received exactly 2 carries for Zero yards.

In the final six games of the regular season, he had 1, 11, 4, 8, 5 and 4 carries for a total of 119 yards at 3.5 yards per carry average.

44 yards came in the 40-9 blowout of the Raiders while 38 came in the 23-3 snowstorm against Denver, none of which were critical yards in close games.

I don't know this "we" you speak of but the last thing I want to see is Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson carrying the ball with the game on the line.
Ah, I guess thanks for reiterating my point?

Darwin and Darrel carried the load when the those games were out of reach, yes.
To be specific, I said exactly this:
Originally Posted by :
if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.
Which is the exact scenario that I posited in every post I've written concerning letting Darwin/Darrel taking over for CEH against the Chargers this weekend.

No one, and specifically myself, has said word one about letting Darwin/Darrel take the load when the game would be in doubt. NO ONE. And least of all, myself.

Work on your comprehension, again.
[Reply]
backinblack 04:53 PM 09-15-2020
Always believed the smarter play would have been for the Chargers to reinvent themselves and their fanbase in Las Vegas and the Raiders should have just moved in with the Rams. Both teams share the SoCal fanbase. The wrong team moved to Vegas but oh well.
NFL and Kroenke didn't want the Raiders sharing a stadium with the Rams because the Raiders would overshadow the Rams in their own stadium. There's way more Raider fans in Los Angeles then either Rams or Chargers fans.

LA officials likely didn't want the Raiders because of the gang identity the team gained when they were in LA the first time.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:22 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
NFL and Kroenke didn't want the Raiders sharing a stadium with the Rams because the Raiders would overshadow the Rams in their own stadium. There's way more Raider fans in Los Angeles then either Rams or Chargers fans.

LA officials likely didn't want the Raiders because of the gang identity the team gained when they were in LA the first time.
Can`t argue with you at all but looking back, it was just horrific timing for the worst perfect storm you can have ie:

The early 80`s was the height of the Cripps/Bloods turf crack wars and then you bring in the Raiders in Silver and black with a bad boy image and the gangs and rappers leveled up with it. It was a disaster. However fast forward to 2020 and it would not come close to duplicating what happened then. I think it still goes mostly to your other reason that Kroenke wouldnt want to compete with the Raider fan base and the Davis family is just hated down there.

I will stand by that the Chargers would have been better off in Vegas and the Raiders share LA or stay in Oakland but for political reasons, that was never going to happen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:40 PM 09-15-2020
don't care.

Chiefs 34-7
[Reply]
CervezaChill 06:44 PM 09-15-2020
If we get to an early comfy lead, Andy will promptly switch to vanilla mode so I totally see a score line similar to the Texans game. Glad the game before the Ravens is a divisional rival so there’s no chance of this being a ‘trap’ game or Chiefs looking one week ahead.
[Reply]
backinblack 06:45 PM 09-15-2020
Can`t argue with you at all but looking back, it was just horrific timing for the worst perfect storm you can have ie:

The early 80`s was the height of the Cripps/Bloods turf crack wars and then you bring in the Raiders in Silver and black with a bad boy image and the gangs and rappers leveled up with it. It was a disaster. However fast forward to 2020 and it would not come close to duplicating what happened then. I think it still goes mostly to your other reason that Kroenke wouldnt want to compete with the Raider fan base and the Davis family is just hated down there.

I will stand by that the Chargers would have been better off in Vegas and the Raiders share LA or stay in Oakland but for political reasons, that was never going to happen.
I honestly think the Raiders are a perfect team for Vegas, they have the draw to make it work. Despite the teams' decades long mediocrity at this point, it's one of like half a dozen NFL fanbases that are universal(and teams like the Packers/Cowboys/Steelers etc aren't moving), that is to say there are Raider fans everywhere. Vegas is a popular tourist destination for people from all over the country(and the world really), and there are Raiders fans in all corners of the country.

Plus for the tons of Raider fans that still reside in Southern California it's not a very far road trip, have seen many SoCal fans that were STHs for this year. Shame that didn't work out though.

People like to say that the new Raiders stadium would be mostly filled with opposing teams fans(no doubt it will attract a lot, but there's going to be plenty of Raiders fans), but I don't believe that's the case. The fanbase they left behind in Oakland is only a fraction of the fanbase as a whole, and from what I've seen most of us don't give a rip if they play in Oakland or Los Angeles or Las Vegas or San Antonio, we'd still be fans.

They probably would've been better off in LA, but Vegas is going to work out fine.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:48 PM 09-15-2020
Got a bad feeling officiating will suck. Don't know why, maybe because after the first week of games the league will tell refs to watch for certain things and they will over kill it.

Chiefs still win by double digits.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:53 PM 09-15-2020
San Antonio Chargers. Sooner or later.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:20 AM 09-16-2020
Only way we lose is if we give it away.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:39 AM 09-16-2020
Chiefs will remind the Chargers why Tyrod is a backup QB at best. I am thinking Chiefs will have 5 to 7 sacks and create 2 turnovers by TY.
[Reply]
Best22 12:53 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Last few games against Chargers have been a lot closer than you want to see. Hopefully KC can run them out of the stadium this time.
In Week 17 they still had Rivers, Melvin Gordon, and Derwin James. And Mike Williams

Those men will not be present on Sunday
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:40 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
In Week 17 they still had Rivers, Melvin Gordon, and Derwin James. And Mike Williams

Those men will not be present on Sunday
Williams is, he played week 1. Just FYI
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:48 AM 09-16-2020
A stat that just flashed across NFLN is that Austin Ekeler led all RB's in 2019 in receiving yards and the Chiefs gave up the most receiving yards to RB's in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up