ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The funny thing is neither LA team has a decent fanbase to begin with.
The Rams were 3rd in overall attendance last year and were 7th in Home Attendance.

They still have a huge fan base since they played in Los Angeles from 1950 until 1994.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think we see Darrel and Darwin take most if not all the rest of the rushes. No need to get our new toy all banged up before the Ravens game, which is the one that really matters.
Good fucking God, NO
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:01 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good ****ing God, NO
With a 16-20 point lead late in the third Q? I don't see why not.

I'll go one better: if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.

It's not like the Chargers are going to mount some kind of epic comeback with Captain Checkdown 2.0 running things with only 22 minutes left in the game. And Darrel and Darwin were at least capable of running a few drives late last season to ice a couple games. It's not like I'm saying they have to score. Just put together a couple 7-10 play drives a la last year's AFCCG game and take away a potential possession or two.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:17 PM 09-15-2020
With a 16-20 point lead late in the third Q? I don't see why not.

I'll go one better: if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.

It's not like the Chargers are going to mount some kind of epic comeback with Captain Checkdown 2.0 running things with only 22 minutes left in the game. And Darrel and Darwin were at least capable of running a few drives late last season to ice a couple games. It's not like I'm saying they have to score. Just put together a couple 7-10 play drives a la last year's AFCCG game and take away a potential possession or two.
Except 7-10 play drives are a lot harder to pull off with garbage at RB.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:28 PM 09-15-2020
The Rams were 3rd in overall attendance last year and were 7th in Home Attendance.

They still have a huge fan base since they played in Los Angeles from 1950 until 1994.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm
Always seemed like the old stadium was about a third empty, and many of those that were in attendance were rooting for the other team.

And while I realize there's a large population base to draw on, I question how many original fans remain after being abandoned for over 20 years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:17 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Except 7-10 play drives are a lot harder to pull off with garbage at RB.
Hello? Check a couple games late last season. Andy’s already pulled this “harder” trick off more than once. In fact at least once he pulled it off with mostly Darwin in the back field. Are we now saying that with a healthy OL, weapons, and the benefit of a lesser opposing QB we can’t do the same thing again?

What exactly are we afraid of?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:22 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Always seemed like the old stadium was about a third empty, and many of those that were in attendance were rooting for the other team.

And while I realize there's a large population base to draw on, I question how many original fans remain after being abandoned for over 20 years.
The Coliseum always looked empty because it seats 105,000. But, it's a terrible NFL stadium because the seats are so close together that it's uncomfortable for even average size adult males and the seats are just so far away from the field.

PSL's went quickly because season ticket holders had priority over non-season ticket holders. I had quite a few friends that purchased season tickets, then sold them online, just so they'd be at the front of the line when Kroeke World opened, which was supposed to be 2019, not 2020.

I see Rams jersey's and hats from time to time but I've never seen anyone, male or female, wearing Chargers gear.

I just don't see how it's going to work out for them in Los Angeles because literally, no one cares.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:33 PM 09-15-2020
The Chargers should be disbanded.

2 automatic wins for KC every year with 2 additional bye weeks.

Automatic 1-1 for the Raiders and Donks.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:15 PM 09-15-2020
What?

:-)

Fans are not allowed in stadiums this year in California so no, they are not "trying to get filled".

Good grief.
That's not what I meant...they are trying to sell seat licenses for next year..and drum up interest.

Beating the Chiefs would get some attention...they have to be worried about the optics of empty 2021 Charger games in a new $6 billion stadium. It was bad in a soccer stadium...

That said...Chargers arent good enough to beat KC...so it would take an overtly obvious attempt to sway the outcome.

I dont think they could beat KC with Henne starting...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:24 PM 09-15-2020
Hello? Check a couple games late last season. Andy’s already pulled this “harder” trick off more than once. In fact at least once he pulled it off with mostly Darwin in the back field. Are we now saying that with a healthy OL, weapons, and the benefit of a lesser opposing QB we can’t do the same thing again?
I've checked his stats in late games last season. In the playoffs, he received exactly 2 carries for Zero yards.

In the final six games of the regular season, he had 1, 11, 4, 8, 5 and 4 carries for a total of 119 yards at 3.5 yards per carry average.

44 yards came in the 40-9 blowout of the Raiders while 38 came in the 23-3 snowstorm against Denver, none of which were critical yards in close games.

What exactly are we afraid of?
I don't know this "we" you speak of but the last thing I want to see is Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson carrying the ball with the game on the line.

The fact that Andy trusted him when the Chiefs were blowing out their opponents isn't a strong indicator of anything. He just wanted to give Damien Williams a breather and for some strange and unknown reason, Shady was Persona Non Grata by that point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 09-15-2020
I don't know this "we" you speak of but the last thing I want to see is Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson carrying the ball with the game on the line.

The fact that Andy trusted him when the Chiefs were blowing out their opponents isn't a strong indicator of anything. He just wanted to give Damien Williams a breather and for some strange and unknown reason, Shady was Persona Non Grata by that point.
This.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:48 PM 09-15-2020
The Coliseum always looked empty because it seats 105,000. But, it's a terrible NFL stadium because the seats are so close together that it's uncomfortable for even average size adult males and the seats are just so far away from the field.

PSL's went quickly because season ticket holders had priority over non-season ticket holders. I had quite a few friends that purchased season tickets, then sold them online, just so they'd be at the front of the line when Kroeke World opened, which was supposed to be 2019, not 2020.

I see Rams jersey's and hats from time to time but I've never seen anyone, male or female, wearing Chargers gear.

I just don't see how it's going to work out for them in Los Angeles because literally, no one cares.
Always believed the smarter play would have been for the Chargers to reinvent themselves and their fanbase in Las Vegas and the Raiders should have just moved in with the Rams. Both teams share the SoCal fanbase. The wrong team moved to Vegas but oh well.
[Reply]
O.city 03:49 PM 09-15-2020
Yeah, Chargers always seemed a better fit in Vegas. Or you know, back in SD.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:02 PM 09-15-2020
Spags and our D are near elite

The @Chiefs registered 24 QB pressures Thursday night against the Texans, accounting for ~ 10% of the pressures across all teams. Numbers from the next highest teams: @WashingtonNFL: 14@Falcons: 13@49ers: 12

The Chiefs pressured Watson on 60% of his dropbacks.

— Mike Tannenbaum (@RealTannenbaum) September 15, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Always believed the smarter play would have been for the Chargers to reinvent themselves and their fanbase in Las Vegas and the Raiders should have just moved in with the Rams. Both teams share the SoCal fanbase. The wrong team moved to Vegas but oh well.
Los Angeles Business Leaders, along with the Mayor and City Commission, made it blatantly clear that the Raiders were not welcome in Los Angeles under any circumstances.

The Chargers have Bottom 5 ownership, right next to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and the Jets, so of course they made a bad decision because "That's what stupid do".
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up