ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:13 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He was limping but he could have been doing that so people wouldn't beat the crap out of him for missing a gimme.

He wouldn't be the first guy to fake an injury so that he had a built-in excuse for sucking.
That kicker looked like he had to put his beer and hog dog down to go kick, he was the bastion of fitness.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:31 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Andy is gonna be super vanilla with this one I think, they could score 40 but will probably settle for 28
Have to agree. Hope we don’t get too caught up in the Ravens game being the week after. This is an easy one to overlook, tht said with the leadership in the room I’m not too worried about something like that
[Reply]
wazu 02:54 PM 09-14-2020
Quick update on the Bengals kicker:

#Bengals K Randy Bullock was limited at practice today. Here's the twist: Bullock said after the game he hurt his left calf but cameras showed he was holding his right calf after he missed the game-tying FG. So the team is listing him as limited (calves - plural). ��

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) September 14, 2020

[Reply]
Danguardace 02:54 PM 09-14-2020
You don't bring a Tarod to a Mahomes fight
[Reply]
DRM08 03:00 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Have to agree. Hope we don’t get too caught up in the Ravens game being the week after. This is an easy one to overlook, tht said with the leadership in the room I’m not too worried about something like that
With the new rules on bye weeks in the playoffs, you have to stay laser-focused for every game of the season. Given that Baltimore had a 14-2 record last year and they look like another very strong team this year, you pretty much need the mentality that you gotta win at least 14 games this year including that Ravens game.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Badger can make sure all players on both sides of the ball stay focused every single week. The only difference for bigger games like Baltimore should be the coaches deciding to unleash more exotic playcalling.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
With the new rules on bye weeks in the playoffs, you have to stay laser-focused for every game of the season. Given that Baltimore had a 14-2 record last year and they look like another very strong team this year, you pretty much need the mentality that you gotta win at least 14 games this year including that Ravens game.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Badger can make sure all players on both sides of the ball stay focused every single week. The only difference for bigger games like Baltimore should be the coaches deciding to unleash more exotic playcalling.
I don't see this team looking past anybody. They're just not that kind of team.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:37 PM 09-14-2020
The Chargers will need 35+ points.

Tyrod Taylor is capable of leading the Chargers to 35+ points.

If you give him two games to do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
The Chargers will need 35+ points.

Tyrod Taylor is capable of leading the Chargers to 35+ points.

If you give him two games to do it.
Maybe 3 games even.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:01 PM 09-15-2020
If I’m the Chargers, the offensive game plan is simple. Test the Chiefs cornerbacks by throwing jump balls up to Mike Williams and get the ball to Ekeler as a receiver matched up on our LBs.

And if they can have some success with that, they’ll probably keep it close for the first half.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 PM 09-15-2020
Tyrod Taylor is the QB. Based on his career, we can expect him to throw for under 180 yards, less than 6.5 yds/att, completion% around 50%, and about 1 or 0 TDs.

And if this were later in the year, and we were playing for the bye I'd expect Andy to run up the score a bit. But based on last week's performance, I still think we're going to see Andy plan this like a preseason game. He'll establish the run, then see how CEH performs in the passing game this week. He'll get all of his skill players involved and get a two score lead, maybe even something around 17 points or so, then he'll call of the dogs and run a pretty vanilla offense that eats up gobs of time to finish the game.

If we go into the middle of the third Q with at least a 16 point lead, I won't be surprised to see Darwin get some snaps while CEH takes the rest of the game off. Something similar to what we saw at about the half-way mark of the third against the Raiders in week 2 last year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:25 PM 09-15-2020
I don’t mind Andy going vanilla with a big lead ahead of Baltimore next week, but I could go without Clyde getting another 25-30 carries.

No sense in risking his health more than we have to. Week 1, needed the live reps, cool. Now he’s gotten work and confidence should he high — don’t work that horse too hard too fast.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:30 PM 09-15-2020
Yeah hey Darrell and Darwin snaps in the 2nd half when we’re up big and just trying to burn clock
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
NFL has a new 5 billion dollar stadium that they are trying to get filled....beating the SB Champs would go a long way to getting asses in the seats.
What?

:-)

Fans are not allowed in stadiums this year in California so no, they are not "trying to get filled".

Good grief.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:37 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t mind Andy going vanilla with a big lead ahead of Baltimore next week, but I could go without Clyde getting another 25-30 carries.

No sense in risking his health more than we have to. Week 1, needed the live reps, cool. Now he’s gotten work and confidence should he high — don’t work that horse too hard too fast.
Just a guess, but I think CEH will get about 8-10 rushes, and at least 5-7 targets in the passing game. If he looks good at that point, I think we see Darrel and Darwin take most if not all the rest of the rushes. No need to get our new toy all banged up before the Ravens game, which is the one that really matters.

Holy God, is Joy Taylor pregnant? Or did she get a massive upgrade in the chesticles area?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:38 PM 09-15-2020
Seriously, those things are now 50% larger than her head.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up