ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:39 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
are you a conspiracy theorist?
I'm just saying...teams with new stadiums tend to get a lot of strange things that happen in their favor that season. I've pointed it out for years...

I'm sure the NFL was happy that both teams, with a new $6 billion stadium in a massive market, won on opening weekend.

I was watching to see if anything odd happened yesterday...and it did.

You can draw your own conclusions...

Raiders, who also have a new stadium, won on a last minute questionable decision....

from ESPN

"Trailing 34-30, Panthers new offensive coordinator Joe Brady called a handoff to fullback Alex Armah -- instead of All-Pro Christian McCaffrey -- on fourth-and-inches at midfield, He was stopped at the line with 1:11 left. McCaffrey racked up 134 yards from scrimmage and scored two touchdowns.

Rhule took blame for the call of the game"
[Reply]
RunKC 08:44 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Live announcers called both game-deciding penalties "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...
Chargers get an awful call go their way late in the 4th quarter the same as they did when they beat us at Arrowhead.

Such a big time break for them that they get a TD off of it near the end of the game.

The score is now KC 35 LAC 14
[Reply]
wazu 08:45 AM 09-14-2020
I have to admit, BlackOp had a good day yesterday. Those games were maddening to watch.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:56 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I have to admit, BlackOp had a good day yesterday. Those games were maddening to watch.
It wasn't a good day...I mean, I was just noticing anomalies.

Chiefs "should" kill the Chargers...their offense stinks. It is opening day for the Chargers though...but they just arent good enough with Taylor at QB.

NFL is a business...Chargers beating KC in a miracle/being 2-0 would go a long way to driving new interest.

Really...I just follow the money...Chiefs are too talented to be in a game close enough to be manipulated.

If it ends up being close...SO-FI will probably get the calls, late. Mahomes is going to play-offs...so it would just be early season marketing fodder.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:08 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Live announcers called both game-deciding penalties "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...
Oh just :-) already. Your posts are painfully stupid.
[Reply]
morphius 09:44 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh just :-) already. Your posts are painfully stupid.
That Cowboy call was right on the money, the original shot showed how much separation he got from the push off. It was blatant and obvious. As soon as I saw it I yelled to the TV, "You have to call that one!".
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:47 AM 09-14-2020
He is right about the stadium thing. It's been that way for years
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:51 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
That Cowboy call was right on the money, the original shot showed how much separation he got from the push off. It was blatant and obvious. As soon as I saw it I yelled to the TV, "You have to call that one!".
Blatantly obvious. FFS, you could see Ramsey's momentum completely shift. They're going to call that.

Hell, that was more egregious than the Sorenson/Kittle OPI in the SB.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:55 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
He is right about the stadium thing. It's been that way for years
No, he's not. He's been saying the same goddamn thing about the Chargers/Rams/Raiders for 3 years now.

Last year he had the Chargers/Rams in the playoffs because "hurp-durp Stadium!". Remember, the Raiders were suppose to beat the Chiefs too because "Stadium!". GMAFB.

It's called warping the perspective to fit within his narrative. It's what these morons do.

And when the Chiefs beat the Texans on Thursday? "Wow look how great the Chiefs are!".

Illogical and inconsistent = full of shit.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:57 AM 09-14-2020
JFC, we need a damn forum for the conspiracy idiots to post in.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:58 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No, he's not. He's been saying the same goddamn thing about the Chargers/Rams/Raiders for 3 years now.

Last year he had the Chargers/Rams in the playoffs because "hurp-durp Stadium!". Remember, the Raiders were suppose to beat the Chiefs too because "Stadium!". GMAFB.

It's called warping the perspective to fit within his narrative. It's what these morons do.

And when the Chiefs beat the Texans on Thursday? "Wow look how great the Chiefs are!".

Illogical and inconsistent = full of shit.
No he's right on that one. I just told you that
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 AM 09-14-2020
They are a below average roster with a bad QB, so it shouldn't come down to one play anyway. We good...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 09-14-2020
Hopefully we aren’t looking ahead to the Ravens.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:01 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
Yup, nothing ticky tacky about it at all. If the Chiefs get a call like that none of the conspiracy fools would say a word about it.
You see the wr's arm extend and push the cb back. OPI by the book!
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:03 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hopefully we aren’t looking ahead to the Ravens.
I watched all 4qtrs of that boring ass Chargers game with my Charger fan nephew.

I have no fucking idea how they'll score points.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up