ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2386 of 3903
« First < 1386188622862336237623822383238423852386 238723882389239023962436248628863386 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 10:13 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Skepticism is healthy.... flat out lying and making up stuff is not only useless, but is just as damaging as a portion of the media being hysterical, which is what he's clearly against.

Yeah, it's easy to say "if you don't believe it, that's fine".... but, what if people aren't wearing masks or taking any precautions because they believe in pretty graphs that aren't based on anything?

That's called propaganda, just as much as actively promoting hysteria by fudging the numbers the other way.

And at some point, we're at both ends of the spectrum like everything else these days, and not even the most rational people have any idea WTF or WhoTF to believe.

*and my point isn't even that he IS 100% definitely lying, just if that was the case...
If I saw this person as lying, I wouldn't be posting it. I don't see them as lying, I see them making their own effort to interpret data that is publicly available. Because it's an interpretation, people can and should look at the underlying data and sources, and determine if they agree with the way he's interpreting it. I think it has been adequately presented here as one person's opinion and not more. People can believe whatever they want to believe.

Yes, there are some people who will only ever consider that which confirms what they already believe, and there are some people who will make poor choices based on poor interpretive data, but what are we really to do about that? Was that not occurring before these tweets were posted? Is it not better to have more information vs less? If people misuse what you provide, is that your fault?

If mods decide these posts are a risk to public health and want to censor them then whatever. If people want to poke holes in the data using facts, and thoughtfully discuss it all, that's what the posts are there for. Please do. I want to hear things I believe being challenged (not that I necessarily believe ES, I'm undecided on that) because if things I believe are true, the facts will eventually bear that out.

If people want to dogpile me just to be part of something, or for posting something that makes them uncomfortable, I couldn't care less about that.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:14 AM 06-23-2020
If we hadn't flattened the curve, wed have herd immunity by now and football would not be in jeopardy.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:18 AM 06-23-2020
Lmao same people in this thread over and over panicking, how do you even live your lives?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:23 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If we hadn't flattened the curve, wed have herd immunity by now and football would not be in jeopardy.
You should ask Sweden how that worked for them.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:23 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
In Texas, Gov. Greg Abbott warned that "tougher actions" may be imposed if the numbers there continue to spike, but he stressed that closing down the state again "will always be the last option."

"Covid-19 is now spreading at an unacceptable rate in Texas, and it must be corralled," Abbott said Monday. Houston’s Health Department said Harris County hospitals have a 177% increase in Covid-19 positive patients since May 31.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Lmao same people in this thread over and over panicking, how do you even live your lives?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:26 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You should ask Sweden how that worked for them.
Actually.........

I mean not horrible all things considered, pretty much middle of the pack
[Reply]
Donger 10:28 AM 06-23-2020
Which people are panicking in this thread?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 06-23-2020
Actually.........

Their antibody testing came back marginally better than the countries around them while they have a much larger death number, it was pure brilliance.
[Reply]
Donger 10:29 AM 06-23-2020
That's nice.

Do you agree with your governor?
[Reply]
Donger 10:30 AM 06-23-2020
Actually.........

"If we were to run into the same disease, knowing exactly what we know about it today, I think we would end up doing something in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Anders Tegnell, the state epidemiologist of the Public Health Agency of Sweden, told Swedish Radio on June 3, according to Reuters.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:37 AM 06-23-2020
I am not panicking I am pissed because we probably won't have football and no Mahomes this year because people can't social distance or wear fucking masks. It is fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:37 AM 06-23-2020
If Texas , the greatest place on earth is having trouble dealing with this what hope do others places have.
[Reply]
Donger 10:37 AM 06-23-2020
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Texas saw a record number of hospitalizations over the weekend, reporting more than 3,400 on Sunday.

According to data analyzed by ABC News, Texas is reporting an increased rate of positive cases, hospitalizations and deaths from coronavirus.

ABC13 learned Monday LBJ Hospital is over capacity for ICU beds, but a spokesperson for Harris Health System says they have brought on extra staff to help with those additional patients.

Now, hospitals across the area are trying to move patients around to keep beds open as the hospitalization numbers move steeply in the wrong direction.

"You can see that steep increase in the number of patients admitted to the intensive care units that are COVID positive and, you'll note that they're quoting it's approximately a 4.1 percent daily growth in the occupancy of the ICUs," said Dr. David Persse.

Persse says the amount of COVID-19 patients who end up in ICU has increased by 1.6 times since May 31.

LBJ Hospital's ICU bed capacity is 108 percent full. Meanwhile, Ben Taub Hospital says its ICU bed capacity is 76 percent full, and Houston Methodist Hospital says they're 84 percent full
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:39 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If Texas , the greatest place on earth is having trouble dealing with this what hope do others places have.
Yeah not so much, but nice try.

Again Texas has yet to have 3k people die of COVID-19. So yeah I think we are doing a pretty good job.

Funny considering we have been open 2 months.
[Reply]
Page 2386 of 3903
« First < 1386188622862336237623822383238423852386 238723882389239023962436248628863386 > Last »
Up