ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2378 of 3903
« First < 1378187822782328236823742375237623772378 237923802381238223882428247828783378 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 04:29 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Unable to pull up the article. Anybody care to give me the readers digest version?
Serology tests may be undercounting the number of people who have been infected.
[Reply]
TLO 04:29 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Unable to pull up the article. Anybody care to give me the readers digest version?
From the article.

Originally Posted by :
Our results indicate that epidemiological data relying only on the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies may lead to a substantial underestimation of prior exposure to the virus

[Reply]
O.city 04:29 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Deaths are at 344 on Worldomoters today.
285 reported via cdc

2 straight days under 300 so that’s nice
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:31 PM 06-22-2020
Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly said Covid-19 spread is trending upward in the state.
"The three metrics we use for reopening are disease spread, death, and hospitalization. Unfortunately for the first time in a while, our disease spread is trending upward," Kelly said in a news conference Monday.
She added: "Therefore, it is my recommendation, along with officials over at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, that communities in Kansas stay in phase three of Ad Astra reopening plan."

Kansas reported an increase of 406 Covid-19 cases since Friday, bringing the total of cases to 12,465, with 259 deaths in the state.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:35 PM 06-22-2020
From the article.
I wonder if this would explain the dramatic drop in death rate after opening up.
[Reply]
TLO 04:38 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
"The three metrics we use for reopening are disease spread, death, and hospitalization. Unfortunately for the first time in a while, our disease spread is trending upward," Kelly said in a news conference Monday.
She added: "Therefore, it is my recommendation, along with officials over at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, that communities in Kansas stay in phase three of Ad Astra reopening plan."

Kansas reported an increase of 406 Covid-19 cases since Friday, bringing the total of cases to 12,465, with 259 deaths in the state.
Why are the cases trending upwards? This is an important piece of information that very few states seem to want to comment on. At least the Florida medical community came out and gave a hypothesis about it and had some data to back it up.

Saying "welp- our cases are up, guess we need to stop moving forward" doesn't cut it for me. Sorry.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:42 PM 06-22-2020
Woke up feeling like crap. nausea, unusually low temperature (96.0) chills, yawning like crazy, runny nose, fatigue. Called to see if I should get tested for the Covids. Didn't pass the screening. I guess you have to be a first responder or high risk person otherwise it takes shortness of breath, high fever/aches and or cough, or been exposed to a known carrier to qualify for a test here in Northern CA. Wife is very high risk (breathing issues) so I wanted one. I guess I could find a back alley tester and roll up with cash? :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:42 PM 06-22-2020
Why are the cases trending upwards? This is an important piece of information that very few states seem to want to comment on.

Because we all re-opened a month to soon. We should have all been lockdown until after Memorial day at least. The protests I am sure didn't help either. Shit I just read a story that labs are still facing critical supply and PPE shortages. What a clusterfuck by the leadership of this country\states.
[Reply]
TLO 04:43 PM 06-22-2020
I mean FFS... If you think it's because people are morons and don't social distance, say that. If you think it's because people aren't wearing masks, say that. If you think it's because the number of tests has gone up and many more mild cases are being diagnosed, say that.

Leaving people in the dark is bullshit.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:44 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know if you are trying to be clever but again that insinuates that it is a death sentence to everyone and it is not.

The black and white argument bullshit has to stop. It can be deadly to certain individuals. It is not deadly to most. For fuck's sake most people who get the virus don't even know they have it!

So we can't pretend that if you get this you are going to die or lew would be dead and he isn't.

On the other hand we can't pretend that this cannot be deadly to certain individuals as well.
I didn't say or mean any of that.

Someone: It's deadly.
Someone else: It's deadly to .02% of the population.
You: .03% based on those who have already died from it.

It's obviously deadly to more people than have already died from it, or else no one else would die from it and we'd go back to normal.

That number is (statistically) much higher than 0.03% of the population, while also being much lower than the actual number of people who will die from it in the future.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:45 PM 06-22-2020

Again, it would be helpful if we had some substance behind the message. Where did the cases come from? Asymptomatic? That sort of stuff. I know the Chic-Fil-A in Lenexa had I think 10 or so people test positive. Maybe more. All we got was "they were symptomatic". So what does that mean? They were all sick as fuck and being dumb asses and going to work? Or there symptoms were so mild they were hardly noticed or confused for allergies?
[Reply]
TLO 04:46 PM 06-22-2020
Because we all re-opened a month to soon. We should have all been lockdown until after Memorial day at least. The protests I am sure didn't help either. Shit I just read a story that labs are still facing critical supply and PPE shortages. What a cluster**** by the leadership of this country\states.
Obviously closing down helped limit the spread, but it wasn't sustainable indefinitely. I don't know how much of a difference another month was going to make.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:47 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I didn't say or mean any of that.

Someone: It's deadly.
Someone else: It's deadly to .02% of the population.
You: .03% based on those who have already died from it.

It's obviously deadly to more people than have already died from it, or else no one else would die from it and we'd go back to normal.

That number is (statistically) much higher than 0.03% of the population, while also being much lower than the actual number of people who will die from it in the future.
Me? All Me was doing was showing out the .02% of the population number was derived. Nothing more.

If your point is more people will die from then this then that is captioning the obvious.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:49 PM 06-22-2020
Why are the cases trending upwards? This is an important piece of information that very few states seem to want to comment on. At least the Florida medical community came out and gave a hypothesis about it and had some data to back it up.

Saying "welp- our cases are up, guess we need to stop moving forward" doesn't cut it for me. Sorry.
I'm not sure how hypotheses in absence of supporting data really help anything. If they don't know, they don't know.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:49 PM 06-22-2020
I mean FFS... If you think it's because people are morons and don't social distance, say that. If you think it's because people aren't wearing masks, say that. If you think it's because the number of tests has gone up and many more mild cases are being diagnosed, say that.

Leaving people in the dark is bullshit.
:-)

I'm with you, bro.
[Reply]
Page 2378 of 3903
« First < 1378187822782328236823742375237623772378 237923802381238223882428247828783378 > Last »
Up