ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2334 of 3903
« First < 1334183422342284232423302331233223332334 233523362337233823442384243428343334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:35 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I hereby dub you an official member of the "world is black and white" club with Pete.
Ahhh..you are better than that. The numbers arent what you and many others expected. It's a good thing. Don't go full Donger.
[Reply]
Donger 11:37 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Ahhh..you are better than that. The numbers arent what you and many others expected. It's a good thing. Don't go full Donger.
Can't be! I heard once restrictions were reduce it would spike!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:37 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, it is the point. If you think it isn't, feel free to explain.

Simply reopening cannot be the blame for cases and any past predictions based on reopening leading to or not leading to increases are invalid due to the fact that a normal reopening did not occur since thousands upon tens of thousands of people have done things so much worse for the virus to spread than eating out, movies, sports, etc. could have possibly accomplished. You will not be able to accurately judge the affects of reopening.
[Reply]
Donger 11:39 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Simply reopening cannot be the blame for cases and any past predictions based on reopening leading to or not leading to increases are invalid due to the fact that a normal reopening did not occur since thousands upon tens of thousands of people have done things so much worse for the virus to spread than eating out, movies, sports, etc. could have possibly accomplished.
So you think increasing the number of people interacting during a pandemic that is spread by humans is not going to see an increase in new cases?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:39 AM 06-15-2020
So you think increasing the number of people interacting during a pandemic that is spread by humans is not going to see an increase in new cases?

I mean that’s not even close to being what I said or suggested. Like at all.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:40 AM 06-15-2020
Can't be! I heard once restrictions were reduce it would spike!
Thank you again. Last 6 weeks deaths went from 1800 to 800 per day. I love being right in a case like this. You should be happy you were wrong.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:41 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
you ever take your 2nd antibody test?
Nope. They haven’t offered to test me again after my first was undetermined. State is rolling back through our building next week to swab all patients and staff that have tested negative on last test.
[Reply]
Donger 11:41 AM 06-15-2020
I mean that’s not even close to being what I said or suggested. Like at all.
Sorry, but your paragraph was very difficult to interpret. Then you agree with what I stated, yes?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:43 AM 06-15-2020
Feel free to dig through this thread and find me making these kinds of predictions. You won't find it.
[Reply]
Donger 11:43 AM 06-15-2020
Thank you again. Last 6 weeks deaths went from 1800 to 800 per day. I love being right in a case like this. You should be happy you were wrong.
That's quite the surge 2 weeks after opening up. A lot of local fear mongers are kicking their dogs right now.

and:

They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.

You're doing great.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:44 AM 06-15-2020
Sorry, but your paragraph was very difficult to interpret. Then you agree with what I stated, yes?

That depends on what you stated. If you believe that states reopening then having an increase in cases is going to give us an accurate data set about the affects of reopening then I don’t agree with that and neither should you.
[Reply]
Donger 11:46 AM 06-15-2020
That depends on what you stated. If you believe that states reopening then having an increase in cases gives us a an accurate data set about the affects of reopening then I don’t agree with that and neither should you.
Correlation and not causation? It's clear that increased testing will lead to more cases, but not all. Then, we have the hospitalization data.

Sorry, it just seems weird to me that people think ending the mitigation efforts won't lead to more cases.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:46 AM 06-15-2020
That's quite the surge 2 weeks after opening up. A lot of local fear mongers are kicking their dogs right now.

and:

They want to believe it, so it is. They'll either ignore the data or challenge its veracity.

You're doing great.
You seem to be lost. You seem to want to argue 2+2 is 5. The data is on the CDC site. Maybe someone else can explain it to you better than I.
[Reply]
Donger 11:47 AM 06-15-2020
You seem to be lost. You seem to want to argue 2+2 is 5. The data is on the CDC site. Maybe someone else can explain it to you better than I.
As has been explained, the CDC shows cases on a national scale. Are you going to dispute that many states are showing increases in both cases and hospitalizations?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:50 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Feel free to dig through this thread and find me making these kinds of predictions. You won't find it.
I don't care enough to look it up but there were a number of posters here that were certain easing restrictions at the time they have been eased was going to cause more issues. Everyone pretty much agreed with testing and restrictions being so different all over the death count was the number to keep an eye on.

Like I said. Everyone should be thrilled at the steep decline.
[Reply]
Page 2334 of 3903
« First < 1334183422342284232423302331233223332334 233523362337233823442384243428343334 > Last »
Up