ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1637 of 3047
« First < 637113715371587162716331634163516361637 163816391640164116471687173721372637 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 04:24 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Kansas has less total cases than OK and OK is starting to open things back up. I hope KS follows suit.

I do think there is an argument to be made that the longer you sit in quarantine the more of a spike you are going to get when people get back out. Argument being our bodies need to be facing this to build immunity. Tough call but that is how our immune systems work.
Thatís what the thought of locking down longer supposedly helps? If you get the cases down, you can test enough to find potential hot spots and isolate them
[Reply]
petegz28 04:24 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Cant speak for SoCal but up here in NorCal were getting a warm streak for the first time this year so it doesnt surprise me a bit that folks are running for the beaches. 88 where I am
Article says Newport Beach and Huntington Beach
[Reply]
petegz28 04:25 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And you are wrong. Masks are required in Los Angeles and people found without masks in public are receiving $1,000 dollar fines.

I spent Thursday cleaning my garage and nearly every single driver on my street was wearing a mask while driving, which is a bit silly but at least they're concerned.

People are taking this very seriously in Los Angeles.
Okay you didn't say how I was wrong. I am not saying the people aren't taking it seriously, just pointing out that fining people for not wearing the masks I don't believe is legal but whatever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:26 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Article says Newport Beach and Huntington Beach
That's not Los Angeles County or Los Angeles, that's south Orange County.

It would be like calling Manhattan, KS, Kansas City.
[Reply]
O.city 04:26 PM 04-25-2020
Yeah fining people is pretty fucked
[Reply]
petegz28 04:26 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thatís what the thought of locking down longer supposedly helps? If you get the cases down, you can test enough to find potential hot spots and isolate them
I think that's a very myopic view loaded with a ton of unintended consequences both physical and financial.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:27 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay you didn't say how I was wrong. I am not saying the people aren't taking it seriously, just pointing out that fining people for not wearing the masks I don't believe is legal but whatever.
It is a LAW. Grocery stores, Costco and every other store is complying, while having signs outside their entrances to boot.

People walking on my streets up in the hills are ALL wearing masks.
[Reply]
O.city 04:28 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I think that's a very myopic view loaded with a ton of unintended consequences both physical and financial.
Well, it kind of is what it is at this point. We took the myopic view in April and March and here we are so I donít know what else we can do
[Reply]
petegz28 04:29 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It is a LAW. Grocery stores, Costco and every other store is complying, while having signs outside their entrances to boot.

People walking on my streets up in the hills are ALL wearing masks.
Dane, I get it. All you had to say was LA made it a law which I even eluded to in my initial post.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:30 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dane, I get it. All you had to say was LA made it a law which I even eluded to in my initial post.

[Reply]
petegz28 04:30 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, it kind of is what it is at this point. We took the myopic view in April and March and here we are so I donít know what else we can do
We took that approach because we had no choice and little if any data. Also the primary reason was to avoid a run on the hospitals. Not saying it wasn't the right approach at the time but like all things this needs to be adjusted as we learn more. To me it went from preventing a run on the hospitals to "well we just don't know".

We got to open up slowly where we can, stay locked down where it is bad.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:31 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes, again I get it. LA made it a law.
[Reply]
O.city 04:35 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We took that approach because we had no choice and little if any data. Also the primary reason was to avoid a run on the hospitals. Not saying it wasn't the right approach at the time but like all things this needs to be adjusted as we learn more. To me it went from preventing a run on the hospitals to "well we just don't know".

We got to open up slowly where we can, stay locked down where it is bad.
I said April I meant February. But thatís hindsight at this point
[Reply]
petegz28 04:56 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I said April I meant February. But thatís hindsight at this point
Totally agree. At the time we had no choice. Now we have data to move on. I think we have to open up slowly, high risk people need to stay inside as much as they can and we are just going to have to roll with the punches for a bit.

My fear is if we don't do it now we are really going to get punched in the mouth this fall because we haven't been exposed to it during a typically weaker time for viruses and we will get our initial exposure when it thrives from a weather perspective.
[Reply]
eDave 05:07 PM 04-25-2020
Oh for God's sake. Here:

L.A.’s coronavirus mask order is now the law. 5 things you need to know

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-the-law-in-la
[Reply]
Page 1637 of 3047
« First < 637113715371587162716331634163516361637 163816391640164116471687173721372637 > Last »
Up