ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Even with Mahomes, the Chiefs are still NFL dregs
BlackOp 05:47 PM 10-13-2019
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:48 PM 10-13-2019
Blackop likes to vent about his Stockholm syndrome
[Reply]
notorious 05:48 PM 10-13-2019
Did you see how many calls the officials gave us against Indy?

We have fallen out of favor because this team doesn't deserve it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:55 PM 10-13-2019
This game was a carbon clone of the Rams...and I remember saying "**** it, this is stupid to keep watching this "sport".

I didn't watch the next 2 games...but Mahomes brought me back.

Should have listened to myself...

Chiefs aren't going to magically start to get calls in the post-season...

What happened today would never happen to NE....the penalty reversal is reserved for teams they want to lose.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:59 PM 10-13-2019
The spotlight pressure is off Mahomes now.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:00 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
Maybe you should kill yourself
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:03 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
The spotlight pressure is off Mahomes now.
we're better as underdogs

always have been
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:07 PM 10-13-2019
Mahomes has no help on the offensive line, the defense is pathetic. The Donkeys might kill Mahomes behind this line.
[Reply]
bdlangton 06:11 PM 10-13-2019
It was a pretty evenly called game. There are always some calls that you can argue one way or the other. Very few penalties called or not called significantly impact the result of the game, unless the players think woe is me and choose to let it affect their play after the fact.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:13 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Maybe you should kill yourself
I'm not killing myself over billionaires exploiting human's territorial/war-like urges.

This is all a profit show...and we know how the Chiefs role ends in the play.

The silver-lining is I wont be surprised or frustrated in January....it's probably best for most to tether their expectations.

The fun in rooting for something...is the fact you have a chance.

The title says "Chiefs are still considered dregs of the NFL"...and I stand by it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:18 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm not killing myself over billionaires exploiting human's territorial/war-like urges.

This is all a profit show...and we know how the Chiefs role ends in the play.

The silver-lining is I wont be surprised or frustrated in January....it's probably best for most to tether their expectations.

The fun in rooting for something...is the fact you have a chance.

The title says "Chiefs are still considered dregs of the NFL"...and I stand by it.
Maybe you should stop watching then.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:19 PM 10-13-2019
Actually, I don't even care if you stop watching. Just stop posting here.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 06:25 PM 10-13-2019
I agree with all of this OP. The game was clearly fixed, but I'm not ready to give up on this team. If there's ever been a QB great enough to beat Kraft's system, it's Mahomes. Only problem is his ankle is busted up. That bye can't come soon enough.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:26 PM 10-13-2019
I'm definitely done for a while...Mahomes was the only reason I was still interested.
[Reply]
Three7s 06:27 PM 10-13-2019
If I recall, there have been many years where the Chiefs could come off a year like last year and be predicted as SB favorites only to fall flat on their face. Nothing new under the sun.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up