« First < 56789
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Hey Loser - Pay your bill
neech 12:30 PM 07-31-2020

[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:02 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bad for them, good for buyers.

**** 'em.
I dont have a problem with landlords... I have a problem with the prices. But i understand the prices as well..... but there cant only be places that exceed what is affordable.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:52 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I dont have a problem with landlords... I have a problem with the prices. But i understand the prices as well..... but there cant only be places that exceed what is affordable.
I will charge what the going rate is for the area. Not doing so is throwing away value. Would you sell your car worth 30k for 20k just to be nice?
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:56 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I will charge what the going rate is for the area. Not doing so is throwing away value. Would you sell your car worth 30k for 20k just to be nice?
Me personally if it helped someone else... yes.
In fact that mo eye saved on lower I trest rates would do well for landlords to pass that on.
We arent in a time to get greedy.
I may be the exception to the rule. I'd much rather help others than help myself.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:03 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Being a Landlord is getting riskier. What I see happening is:

1. Rents will go up.
2. Apartments available to rent will go down.
3. Adult kids continue move back in with their parents.
People will always need a place to live. That's one of the reasons I got my little apartment building.

Thing is the area mine is in, is becoming gentrified and I expect that to continue after all the dust settles and things grow again. I get calls by buyers asking me all the time if I want to sell it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:56 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
His father put hands on him and the step-brother is still in jail AFAIK.
That's pretty good news. I'm glad to hear it. And I hope that next time your paths cross you beat him to a pulp, and, as he takes his last breath your remind him that there's a price to pay for rape.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:03 PM 08-01-2020
I have sympathy for the people who are struggling as a result of our economic shutdown experiments. There's a lot of pain out there and a lot more potential pain where that came from, potentially.

If you can see this pain, you should also be able to recognize why "follow the (public health) science" can't be the final word. The costs are real so over-protecting society from the virus can be as bad as under-protecting it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:06 PM 08-01-2020
I am on the left, but every job I hear the same thing. Can't keep people hired or when hired are always sick or vacation or injured.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:01 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I have sympathy for the people who are struggling as a result of our economic shutdown experiments. There's a lot of pain out there and a lot more potential pain where that came from, potentially.

If you can see this pain, you should also be able to recognize why "follow the (public health) science" can't be the final word. The costs are real so over-protecting society from the virus can be as bad as under-protecting it.
I can certainly agree with this.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:21 AM 08-02-2020
Wages haven't kept up with the Price Index.

Therefore, the rent will always be "too damn high"
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up