ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Hey Loser - Pay your bill
neech 12:30 PM 07-31-2020

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:06 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If they are conservatives, please feel free to pass along to them that they are whores, sluts, and murderers. If they are liberals, don't bother, they already know. And thank them for what they did, the world doesn't need any more liberals.
I'll be sure to tell the one that was raped by her step-brother she is a whore and a slut. Another other got pregnant by the only boyfriend she ever had and whom she later married. To be fair... one was something of a wild child though. I'm fairly certain she stopped going to church and is doing her own thing now.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:15 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Your perspective is essentially that of a sociopath. Here's the thing, though - even if you remove the human element of government assistance and just look at it from a monetary perspective, neglecting people leads to them ending up on food stamps, welfare, living on the street tanking property values, and often times they are in and out of the criminal justice system which has publicly funded legal assistance and costs tens of thousands a year to keep them in prison. We pay for every failure we create in society one way or another.
Incorrect. Sociopaths tend to lie, manipulate and hurt people. They ACTIVELY do it. In my scenario I'm advocating being as truthful as possible but minding your own business and focusing on bettering yourself with education, work skills, and social skills.

A sociopath would see a dumb person and find out ways to manipulate them for their personal gain instead of minding their own business.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:19 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Most of my tenants were laid off being in the hospitality industry but they've all hung in there and paid. One I helped by letting him paint and do other stuff because he was shy on rent money.
I've allowed a few tenants to do this, and they eventually manipulate and take advantage of the generosity. One just started doing stuff and then billing me for it. Things that didn't need to be done like painting a perfect good wall or making a new planter with a decorative rock. Breaking things on purpose so they can fix them.

Others claim they do something - then never do it or half ass it and then hide it from you. If there is anyway you can NOT exchange work for rent I highly recommend it. It just leads down a slippery slope. At least in my experience. Now this isn't necessarily the case in an affluent tenant who has the money, but just wants to better the home for their own benefit. But if they are wanting to do work instead of pay rent because they don't have the money - be prepared to be manipulated and conned. Then when you call them out on it they will get pissed off and call you greedy.

I allowed a tenant to get rid of some debris and a mini fridge (that I provided & they destroyed). He said he was going to take it to the dump. He just threw it in the back yard and covered it up with leaves and lied to me about it.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:35 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Can I try?!?!?

No... because abortions are a time sensitive issue. There is a specific and finite amount of time where one has a window to carry out a medical procedure that has life long effects. Now should it limit people's ability to have cosmetic surgery? ABSOLUTELY.
Earning a living is a time sensitive issue. And before you say well the government will compensate you during the time they take away your fundamental right to earn a living, its not the same living. For some its a substantially worse living.

Fundamental rights are not fundamental if they can be taken away at the whim of politicians. If the right to earn a living is subject to regulation than so is abortion and all your other "rights"....like protesting, etc.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:03 PM 08-01-2020
This is thing that I think is foreboding - when this BS over with, the bills are going to come due both for renters AND homeowners. Banks are not in the business of losing money. Greedy bastards WILL get their money or they will throw your ass into the street.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:14 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
This is thing that I think is foreboding - when this BS over with, the bills are going to come due both for renters AND homeowners. Banks are not in the business of losing money. Greedy bastards WILL get their money or they will throw your ass into the street.
Being a Landlord is getting riskier. What I see happening is:

1. Rents will go up.
2. Apartments available to rent will go down.
3. Adult kids continue move back in with their parents.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:40 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I'll be sure to tell the one that was raped by her step-brother she is a whore and a slut. Another other got pregnant by the only boyfriend she ever had and whom she later married. To be fair... one was something of a wild child though. I'm fairly certain she stopped going to church and is doing her own thing now.
Did you shoot the motherfucker in his face?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:48 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Did you shoot the motherfucker in his face?
His father put hands on him and the step-brother is still in jail AFAIK.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:05 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Earning a living is a time sensitive issue.
Yes, a months long window vs the average expected lifetime of a normal human being. Same exact thing. Losing income for a few months doesn't even remotely compare to the life long commitment to caring for another human being.

I see it so clearly now.

Originally Posted by :
And before you say well the government will compensate you during the time they take away your fundamental right to earn a living, its not the same living. For some its a substantially worse living.
:-) - "it's not the same living". For how many is it actually SUBSTANTIALLY worse and for those people... are they, perhaps, in a far better place financially than most to weather the current situation we find ourselves in?

Originally Posted by :
Fundamental rights are not fundamental if they can be taken away at the whim of politicians. If the right to earn a living is subject to regulation than so is abortion and all your other "rights"....like protesting, etc.
I hardly call a series of actions taken by almost every major government across the globe "the whim of politicians". It is almost as if the entire planet was being warned that something was coming and almost all of them took some form of action.

You disagree with the protests against government continuing... you are welcome to, well, protest the government for keeping you from mitigating your "substantially worse" financial losses.

/EDIT - Ya know... why can't those people for whom it is "substantially worse" just go get a fucking job in a field that is currently open, essential, and hiring? Show the rest of those lazy fucks how to hustle when shit is actually on the line!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:12 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Being a Landlord is getting riskier. What I see happening is:

1. Rents will go up.
2. Apartments available to rent will go down.
3. Adult kids continue move back in with their parents.
Multi-family rents don't come down; they're immune to the 'laws' of supply and demand. Most new developments are "luxury" apartments which means high rents which in turn leads to rent increases in slightly older developments which are are also considered "luxury" apartments considering amenities and finishing qualities.

Apartments which aren't new enough to be considered luxury are cheaper, sure, but they still get away with the typical 2-3% annual rent increases. As units turnover, the overall condition stays the same assuming they have a stable of lessees who do not tear the absolute shit out of the property and aren't general nuisances which drives other residents away. Eventually the depreciation truly kicks in and the landlord renovates the units (which will lead to a modest increase in rents) or decides to sell it off to new ownership who will likely renovate the complex and raise rents higher than the previous landlord or will tear it down completely and redevelop the space with "luxury" units and thus drive rents higher across the market.

Developments which aren't covered by the aforementioned scenarios are most likely too old to be renovated or considered luxury, which means they are either in "undesirable" locations which means they won't even be considered as part of the rental market or they are being floated by Section 8 renters.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:27 PM 08-01-2020
How do you all think the real estate market is going to look next year? I'm looking to get out of renting.

I'm guessing we might see some landlords selling some properties to recover what they lost.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:34 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
How do you all think the real estate market is going to look next year? I'm looking to get out of renting.

I'm guessing we might see some landlords selling some properties to recover what they lost.
KC market is ridiculously low inventory at the moment. There are eager buyers and willing sellers but sellers have all the control at the moment. Last year was a feeding frenzy and buyers were having to outbid a handful or more of competing buyers by going well over list, waving inspection or by offering full cash -or doing all the above. I've heard this year is no different.

Now if the 10% over typical forebearance rate holds out? Who knows. Could be lots of short sales if it's been relatively new homeowners getting shafted by Faucist lockdowns.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:38 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

The housing market where I am selling my home is popping off between 90-140k. I don't expect my house to be listed for more than a week or two at most with minimal concessions on my end. Most land lords are actually re-financing their homes because interest rated dipped to almost nothing and are saving a shit ton of money on a monthly basis.

If anything, homes in the $100 - 200k range are going to be more difficult to come by than they have before.

---

The houses on the high end range ($400-700k... just before they become McMansions) though are staying put for massive amounts of time and people are actually selling them for below value to get what they can out of them.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 03:39 PM 08-01-2020
The fear among real estate agents here is that the market will get flooded with what was previously rental properties simply based on the impact covid has had on people's ability to pay rent.
Then the homeowner not being able to make the payment on the home and with no foreseeable future in making up the lost sums they may not have a choice but sell.
The rental market will be flooded with homes needing tenants but with people who were evicted from inability to pay would not have the ability for 1st, last and a security deposit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:55 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
The fear among real estate agents here is that the market will get flooded with what was previously rental properties simply based on the impact covid has had on people's ability to pay rent.
Bad for them, good for buyers.

Fuck 'em.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up