ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Hey Loser - Pay your bill
neech 12:30 PM 07-31-2020

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:22 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
So it is your position people do not have a right to earn a living?
I don't think businesses have a right to stay open if they can't operate safely. But I believe they should be paid to remain closed, so they would still be earning a living.

Does that answer your question?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:22 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Feel free to point out my incorrect statement. You will find me receptive to learning new information.
:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:26 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)
Ah... I see you are a conversationalist of the highest order.

Carry on.

/eagerly awaits to see what emoticon you bring on as your final statement on the matter
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:37 PM 07-31-2020
Have you ever had the pleasure of being a landlord?

I ask because my mom has been a landlord and a realtor for 30+ years. Despite credit checks, background checks, references, and 30 years in the business... she just had a tenant refuse to move out about 9 months ago and when they did vacate 3 months later the house was trashed and she had to clean shit off the toilet. Dude was great for 2 years then lost his shit. Sometimes tenants fall to shit and you just don't know what the end result will be.

---

My current tenant was in the process of moving out and went to the hospital with Covid. I paid some people to pack the rest of her shit and put it in storage so I can get going on the damn house again. She has paid a month late every ****ing month for almost 3 years... but she pays eventually.

Despite that and her chain smoking in the house... I feel I got lucky.

Yes.

If it worked out for you you did well.

Key is dont rent to trash. And dont tolerate bad behavior

Own property in good areas that carry high rents

Put the law on them

Dont fall for sob stories

Sell out when you can cash in

Its business, not personal.

Invest in storage businesses and get out of residential

10 days overdo gets letter/email/call

20 gets a padlock

30 gets a sale letter

45 its gone sell their shit
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:42 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Yes.

If it worked out for you you did well.

Key is dont rent to trash. And dont tolerate bad behavior

Put the law on them

Dont fall for sob stories

Sell out when you can cash in

Its business, not personal.

Invest in storage businesses and get out of residential

10 days overdo gets letter/email/call

20 gets a padlock

30 gets a sale letter

45 its gone sell their shit
I can see storage units being SO MUCH easier to deal with than residential properties. Plus you don't really have to feel guilty as its just stuff vs a home where someone LIVES.

I'm getting out of that biz. Can't deal with the stress of not knowing for sure if I will get the money or not. I'm grateful that my tenant was able to keep working (her husband works at an aircraft company under contract to from the government yet they still never paid on time) and didn't have to miss any rent due to the virus.
[Reply]
alanm 09:42 PM 07-31-2020

I ask because my mom has been a landlord and a realtor for 30+ years. Despite credit checks, background checks, references, and 30 years in the business... she just had a tenant refuse to move out about 9 months ago and when they did vacate 3 months later the house was trashed and she had to clean shit off the toilet. Dude was great for 2 years then lost his shit. Sometimes tenants fall to shit and you just don't know what the end result will be.

---

My current tenant was in the process of moving out and went to the hospital with Covid. I paid some people to pack the rest of her shit and put it in storage so I can get going on the damn house again. She has paid a month late every ****ing month for almost 3 years... but she pays eventually.

Smoking in the house is no big deal. I worry more about the carpets. You can take a sponge mop to the walls to clean those.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:46 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Smoking in the house is no big deal. I worry more about the carpets. You can take a sponge mop to the walls to clean those.
Hard wood everywhere but the two bedrooms. I've not had to try to clean up after a heavy smoker before so it is good to know that the smoking indoors won't be such a bad thing.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:48 PM 07-31-2020
No, he has a point. The government could do it... if they gave a flying fuck about people. Democrats are busy stuffing the bill with pork rolls headed to fine arts institutions and other liberal pet projects. Republicans, on the other hand, are stuffing these bills with money going towards f-35's and military contractors.

*IF THEY WANTED TO* they absolutely could pay people to stay home. Instead, they don't want to miss out on the opportunity to stuff our tax dollars into their pet projects, into the hands of special interest groups, and into the pockets of their business partners.
And I just follow their lead.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:49 PM 07-31-2020
Do you feel equally about other people's businesses?

/real question, no snark... no clue on your position on things overall.
Actually...no. That's an entirely different subject.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:54 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Y
As if everybody can afford luxury property with high rents.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:00 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
And I just follow their lead.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Actually...no. That's an entirely different subject.
For sure... and one that we don't have to get into at all. That said, I feel like I have a grasp on where you are coming from and I can respect it.

You are an Ent. (don't know if you ever read or watched LOTR so this may not land)

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:00 PM 07-31-2020

---

I'm a slumlord currently. I like it. I provide affordable apartment to low-lifes and haven't had many problems. I am just happy I live in state where it's easy to evict them. In Mass it was a different story. Still I took the risk and took one tenants furnishings etc set on the sidewalk and he left after the the three family unit was sold to us. Sad thing was he taught at Northeastern University but was just a drunk. Irish of course.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:04 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I'm a slumlord currently. I like it. I provide affordable housing to low-lifes and haven't had many problems. I am just happy I live in state where it's easy to evict them.
I don't know that I could state that with, seemingly, such pride but I'm glad you haven't had many problems. lol

The property that I am renting, and getting ready to sell, was the home I moved into when I first got married 15 years ago. It is in a pretty decent part of town though it has the address of a much nicer area which helps in the home's value. It is older (early 50's) but still in good shape.

I'm just glad the tenant lived there long enough to get me right side up on the loan though I understand that if I haven't liven in that house for over 5 years then I am subject to capital gains taxes. I need to do some learning on that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:05 PM 07-31-2020
Most of my tenants were laid off being in the hospitality industry but they've all hung in there and paid. One I helped by letting him paint and do other stuff because he was shy on rent money.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:09 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I don't think businesses have a right to stay open if they can't operate safely. But I believe they should be paid to remain closed, so they would still be earning a living.

Does that answer your question?
My question was: "So it is your position people do not have a right to earn a living?"

What you wrote is not an answer to my question. What you wrote is a dodge. I asked about people, you started talking about businesses instead. Yes or no please. Do people have a fundamental right to earn a living?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up