ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
The Lounge>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:12 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you know, players and their families can do that themselves at their own homes?

I mean is it that hard to have some discipline? Yeah it sucks, But donít go to casinos or bars.

This is where some leadership would help?
First time in America?
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
First time in America?
I donít mean every day people

I mean these athletes. Fuck is it that hard to just not do that shit for a bit?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:27 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I donít mean every day people



I mean these athletes. Fuck is it that hard to just not do that shit for a bit?
He says as if players haven't risked their entire careers when they couldn't stay away from weed.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:28 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you know, players and their families can do that themselves at their own homes?

I mean is it that hard to have some discipline? Yeah it sucks, But donít go to casinos or bars.

This is where some leadership would help?
You are asking thousands of people to do act in a completely selfless manner.

It WONT happen. Thinking it CAN happen is naive.
[Reply]
O.city 01:29 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are asking thousands of people to do act in a completely selfless manner.

It WONT happen. Thinking it CAN happen is naive.
Wanna have a season? Thatís what youíll have to do
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wanna have a season? That’s what you’ll have to do
It is. But people still won't do it. If you could guarantee players would act appropriately you wouldn't have much to worry about. But that WONT happen. Even then you rely on the family members of the players to act appropriately. Once again, even if 98% of them act appropriately, 2% WONT.

The only way to have a successful NFL season is in a bubble.

I'm willing to bet on it and place odds that the NFL season will not conclude in a full 16 games and full playoffs at the current conditions & without a bubble. Or we will see so many players opt out that it isn't even feasible to crown a champion.
[Reply]
Superturtle 01:39 PM 08-01-2020
Just glad handing the owners the reason to cancel the season like they wanted to all along while finally getting a little bad PR on the players and potentially turning them against each other. Good job, dumbfucks.
[Reply]
O.city 01:44 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It is. But people still won't do it. If you could guarantee players would act appropriately you wouldn't have much to worry about. But that WONT happen. Even then you rely on the family members of the players to act appropriately. Once again, even if 98% of them act appropriately, 2% WONT.

The only way to have a successful NFL season is in a bubble.

I'm willing to bet on it and place odds that the NFL season will not conclude in a full 16 games and full playoffs at the current conditions & without a bubble. Or we will see so many players opt out that it isn't even feasible to crown a champion.
They arenít or canít do a bubble. Youíd have a third of the league opt out.

You have officials who have other jobs. You think they can come be in a bubble full time? Tv crews?

Plus youíre playing a full season uNlike the nba who doesnít even have all the teams there.

Everyone says you could bubble for this kind of money. Well why couldnít you tell your family theyíre basically bubbled at home or if they go away they quarantine before youíre around them?

The chiefs for instance could rent out an apartment complex for guys or for families upon quarantine.

Itís just not gonna happen to be like the nba so thereís not much reason to go on about it thay way
[Reply]
BWillie 01:45 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They arenít or canít do a bubble. Youíd have a third of the league opt out.

You have officials who have other jobs. You think they can come be in a bubble full time? Tv crews?

Plus youíre playing a full season uNlike the nba who doesnít even have all the teams there.

Everyone says you could bubble for this kind of money. Well why couldnít you tell your family theyíre basically bubbled at home or if they go away they quarantine before youíre around them?

The chiefs for instance could rent out an apartment complex for guys or for families upon quarantine.

Itís just not gonna happen to be like the nba so thereís not much reason to go on about it thay way
Then we will not have a successful NFL season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:02 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just glad handing the owners the reason to cancel the season like they wanted to all along while finally getting a little bad PR on the players and potentially turning them against each other. Good job, dumb****s.

From the outset of the March shutdown, the best possible context for an attempt to play baseball in 2020 was a strong collaborative, cooperative relationship between MLB and the players. This is simply not the reality; rather, that relationship is just one more hurdle to overcome

— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) August 1, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:15 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Apparently some of the players went to a casino

Lord
Source? Iíve seen these comments on Twitter as well but canít find any sort of source for them.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:13 PM 08-01-2020
Olbermann tweeted "MLB told TV carriers to have alternate programing ready as early as Monday"

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/s...64262650859520

I think the season is toast
[Reply]
tk13 04:34 PM 08-01-2020

No surprise, but both ends of the scheduled Cardinals-Brewers doubleheader Sunday have officially been postponed, sources tell ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 1, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 04:58 PM 08-01-2020
Well that was a fun regular season. Time to start the playoff bubble.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:04 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Well that was a fun regular season. Time to start the playoff bubble.
Remember when Manfred thought he could double the size of the playoffs?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up