ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Lounge>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:28 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...l_twitter_abcn
If that happens, there is no reasonable excuse for Manfred to keep his job after this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:57 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.
I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:08 PM 07-31-2020

So, per source, the #Cardinals for now have been told that, if the rest of the team tests negative (and I havenít yet been told how many positives they had), the series with the Brewers will start on Saturday.

— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:18 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :-)
The NFL have spent their time and effort trying to play a season the standard way. That's the flaw.

Moving training camp to the teams practice fields. Canceling meaningless pre-season games are not sacrifices that are going to result in playing a whole season.

They could go play 4 games in a bubble. Give the team 2 weeks off. Go play another 4 games, two weeks off etc. extend the season. That’s just off the top of my head.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:20 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:21 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What agenda would that be?
It seems to me that he just thinks there will not be an NFL season. :-)
His agenda is spinning everything as proof that it’s going to happen. He wants to be right, more than he wants there to be a football season (which most of us obviously want).

Therefor he’s a pillowbitergot with an agenda.

Just like Clay, who insists Fisher or Schwartz might opt out despite all the evidence to the contrary.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:36 PM 07-31-2020
Instead of thinking you can keep an entire NFL team and staff in a bubble, it still seems to me that a 15 minute test that could be given to every person before they enter the facility would be the best bet.

And I'm still puzzled this doesn't get talked about much.
[Reply]
Miles 04:39 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?
There isnít much to suggest there is any sort of plan.
[Reply]
notorious 04:43 PM 07-31-2020
There are a lot of gutless pussies in this country that are very quick to quit at even the slightest sign of adversity.

I judge people by how the react during tough times.

Thank goodness their are still people involved that have a backbone.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:48 PM 07-31-2020
So there will be a 7 inning doubleheader in the cardinals future?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:27 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Instead of thinking you can keep an entire NFL team and staff in a bubble, it still seems to me that a 15 minute test that could be given to every person before they enter the facility would be the best bet.

And I'm still puzzled this doesn't get talked about much.
The answer you seek is political.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?
the players and MLB decided how to come back. But, The commissioner has total power to stop the season. It’s his decision alone.

Why doesn't baseball mandate masks in the locker room? At batting practice? Both those times are traditionally times players mingle and talk to each other.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:02 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the players and MLB decided how to come back. But, The commissioner has total power to stop the season. Itís his decision alone.

Why doesn't baseball mandate masks in the locker room? At batting practice? Both those times are traditionally times players mingle and talk to each other.
Because theyll just get drunk and tag team hookers at the hotel anyway.
[Reply]
tk13 08:54 AM 08-01-2020
Sounds like another player and a few staff members tested positive today. Tonight's game is off and the whole series with the Brewers is probably in doubt at this point.
[Reply]
Superturtle 08:57 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Sounds like another player and a few staff members tested positive today. Tonight's game is off and the whole series with the Brewers is probably in doubt at this point.
More like the whole season if St Louis ends up looking like Miami.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up