ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
Steron 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
DJJasonp thought this might be a good topic for a thread. I listed these in the First Concert thread. Figured it might be easier to break them out of the other thread. I'm sure there are more that I will come up with later.


In no order:
Van Halen with David Lee Roth
Journey
Motley Crue
Guns N' Roses
Kid Rock
Ozzy
White Zombie
Bengals
[Reply]
Kman34 07:06 PM 07-31-2020
Amy Winehouse before the drugs and alcohol messed her up...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:11 PM 07-31-2020
Ray Charles
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:58 PM 07-31-2020
Grateful Dead, ideally in ‘69 or ‘77
Pink Floyd
Zeppelin before Page was drunk falling off barstools and putting on bad shows
Hendrix
2pac
Biggie
The Who
Leonard Cohen
The Doors
Beatles
Mozart
Beethoven

Too young to have seen many other than Cohen and the bad Dead at the end when too young for all that fun.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:35 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm 23 so basically any classic rock act stopped touring before my time. If I had to go back and see one band in their prime it would be Led Zeppelin.

As for a band that I actually could have seen and didn't? Definitely would be Rush. Didn't get into them until it was too late. Never gonna get the chance now with Neil's death.
I have been lucky enough to see Rush 19 times in 4 different states. They were always amazing. Some of the other bands mentioned in this thread that I have seen.

Paul McCartney (Beatles)
Page / Plant (Zep) 2 times
Dio 2 times
Pink Floyd at Arrowhead
U2
Scorpions 7 times- once with Bon Jovi Opening
Ozzy 5 times- once with Metallica opening
Queen with Billy Squire opening
AC/DC 3 times
Kiss with and without makeup
AFI
Crue- 4 times with and without Neil
Def Lepard - 2 times including 1st US tour
Black Sabbath- with Ozzy
Green Day
April Wine with Eddie Money opening
Foreigner 2 times (1st concert was Foreigner 4)
Van Halen 4 times with Dave than Sammy 3 times
Rob Zombie 2 times- once opening for Ozzy
God Smack
Creed
Lynard Skynard
Offspring 8 times
Ted Nugent 3 times
Sammy Hagar
The Cult
Triumph- 3 times
The Who
Judas Preist- 3 times
Queensryche- 3 times
Iron Maiden- 4 times
Tesla- 4 times
Many many more plus 100s of smaller and local shows.

Who I regret never seeing- The Doors, Jimi, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Alice Cooper
[Reply]
Frazod 01:20 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have been lucky enough to see Rush 19 times in 4 different states. They were always amazing. Some of the other bands mentioned in this thread that I have seen.

Paul McCartney (Beatles)
Page / Plant (Zep) 2 times
Dio 2 times
Pink Floyd at Arrowhead
U2
Scorpions 7 times- once with Bon Jovi Opening
Ozzy 5 times- once with Metallica opening
Queen with Billy Squire opening
AC/DC 3 times
Kiss with and without makeup
AFI
Crue- 4 times with and without Neil
Def Lepard - 2 times including 1st US tour
Black Sabbath- with Ozzy
Green Day
April Wine with Eddie Money opening
Foreigner 2 times (1st concert was Foreigner 4)
Van Halen 4 times with Dave than Sammy 3 times
Rob Zombie 2 times- once opening for Ozzy
God Smack
Creed
Lynard Skynard
Offspring 8 times
Ted Nugent 3 times
Sammy Hagar
The Cult
Triumph- 3 times
The Who
Judas Preist- 3 times
Queensryche- 3 times
Iron Maiden- 4 times
Tesla- 4 times
Many many more plus 100s of smaller and local shows.

Who I regret never seeing- The Doors, Jimi, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Alice Cooper
Goddamn, I think you win the thread. :-)
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:06 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is an easy one:

Queen with Freddie Mercury. Although I have seen Freddie's doppelganger, Marc Martel, in concert, and it was pretty damned close.

Boston with Delp. No interest in seeing them now. I've seen a couple of recent concert videos and they were pretty bad. Two guys trying to replace him; one doing regular stuff, one trying to hit high notes, both failing badly.

Journey with Perry. Yeah, I know the new guy sounds like Perry, but it's just not the same.

Pink Floyd. I feel the same way about Waters as Third Eye.

Queensryche

I would have liked to see Van Halen with Roth, but I did see them with Hagar, and it was still a great show.
Iíve never seen VH play but hell I would pay to see them even if it were Gary Cherone. Just to get to witness EVH play guitar live would be great.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:53 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I’ve never seen VH play but hell I would pay to see them even if it were Gary Cherone. Just to get to witness EVH play guitar live would be great.
The only bad thing about that concert was the cheap ass nosebleed seats I had. We were up in nearly the top row of the newly-opened Bradley Center in Milwaukee, and Van Halen was the first major concert held there (it was the OU812 tour). Our seats were higher up than the highest row of speakers. I could hear the music fine, but the voices were muffled. It was weird, and fairly annoying. Of course I knew all the words anyway, and Eddie was awesome.

They all did long solos. Eddie lost his mind playing a long set that ended with Eruption. Alex did one of the cooler drum solos I've ever heard. Michael did an interesting base solo, and later Sammy did a great a cappella rendition of Where Eagles Fly.

I don't know if they ever corrected the speakers, since I never saw another show there. Maybe that's just how it sounds in the crappy seats.

I would add that while the concert was mostly stuff from OU812 and 5150, they did do a few of the Roth-era classics. Even with the speaker distortion, I could tell Sammy was singing the Dave lyrics pretty much dead on. I highly doubt if Dave could effectively sing Sammy's stuff.
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:17 AM 08-01-2020
pink floyd and the who
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:59 AM 08-01-2020
Odd thing is I never was that big a fan of Bryan Adams and I've seen him twice. First time was '82 he opened for Foreigner 4 and the other was the Amnesty Int'l Show in Atlanta 1986, it was U2, the Police, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed and Bryan Adams. He seemed a bit out of place at the event, he came on after Lou Reed and before Gabriel. I thought Peter Gabriel was the best part of the show. I did see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire Tour in Jacksonville the year before in '85 and they were much better when they put on a full show.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 02:46 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Odd thing is I never was that big a fan of Bryan Adams and I've seen him twice. First time was '82 he opened for Foreigner 4 and the other was the Amnesty Int'l Show in Atlanta 1986, it was U2, the Police, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed and Bryan Adams. He seemed a bit out of place at the event, he came on after Lou Reed and before Gabriel. I thought Peter Gabriel was the best part of the show. I did see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire Tour in Jacksonville the year before in '85 and they were much better when they put on a full show.
Gotta say,i'm a bit jealous,i would've loved to see U2 on the Unforgettable Fire tour,but i was way too young.They get a bad rap,i think mostly because of Bono and some of their political views but they really do put on a good show.They're definitely a better live band than their albums would suggest i think.I saw them for the first time in 1992 on the ZOO TV tour,and although i havent been to a ton of shows,is still i believe one of the best tours of the last 20 plus years,in my humble opinion.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:32 PM 08-01-2020
Led Zepplin, though I did sort of see them when I saw Robert Plant play in LA and Jimmy Page and JPJ joined him for the back half of the show.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:35 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
pink floyd and the who
Got to see The Who at a benefit at the House of Blues. Was only 30-40 people in attendance and while the space was small (which to Roger Daltry spinning his microphone around more than usual because he didnít really have a stage to move around on) it was epic.
[Reply]
eDave 03:52 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I realize that I don't agree politically with most of the musicians I like. I'm sure I wouldn't last more than a couple of minutes in a conversation with Don Henley. But despite how much Henley would likely despise me personally, he also realizes that it's people like me who pay to hear him sing, so he knows better than to tell me how much he thinks I suck between songs in his concerts. Waters doesn't.

I'm not putting money in his pocket.
OK man. Roger Waters is a hell of a show though. I certainly wouldn't let something stupid like politics get in the way of a great show and a great time. Love ya.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:07 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
OK man. Roger Waters is a hell of a show though. I certainly wouldn't let something stupid like politics get in the way of a great show and a great time. Love ya.
I mean, even without the politics and Rogerís arena sized ego, itís basically a cover band. Iím sure the show is amazing and all as Roger needs a spectacle to equal his ego, but the majority of the songs were sang by David, David and Rick defined their sound, and hell, David even played many of Rogerís bass parts in the studio. Unquestionably, Roger was a better lyricist, and itís not even close, but the songs are already written, so whatever.

Sorry, I just canít fucking stand the guy, but that shouldnít temper your enjoyment.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:12 PM 08-01-2020
Watching the "story of wish you were here" on axstv right now
Those guys never "got along"
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up