ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 35
« First < 253132333435
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump suggests delaying November election
Fish 09:33 AM 07-30-2020
:-)

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2020

[Reply]
Bowser 09:48 AM 08-01-2020
ERMAGEHRD, FERRBBS

And I don't understand why Calabresi and others feel like Trump is out of line here. If it's not safe enough to send our kids to school, then it's logical to say it's not safe enough to get out and vote.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:01 AM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
ERMAGEHRD, FERRBBS

And I don't understand why Calabresi and others feel like Trump is out of line here. If it's not safe enough to send our kids to school, then it's logical to say it's not safe enough to get out and vote.
Calabresi was just being an idiot. I'm sure he already regrets the folly of his response.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:25 PM 08-01-2020

[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:06 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

But!.....But!.....But!.....the POOR PEOPLE!!!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:34 AM 08-02-2020
Originally Posted by :
Pelosi: Mail-in Voting Is ‘Essential’ — People Shouldn’t Have to Choose Between Health and Vote

...She added, “I don’t think it benefits one party or another. But I think it’s essential from a health reason because we want to keep people at home to vote without having them all collect on election day, but if they do want to vote in person, that we have sufficient spacing and all the rest, so it’s no risk to their health. People shouldn’t have to choose between their health and their vote. that’s very important.”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...alth-and-vote/

Nancy made an oopsie
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:33 AM 08-03-2020
There is a lot of fake news running around claiming that the 20th Amendment to the Constitution says the term must end by January 20th. However, this does not specify which January.

The 20th Amendment says:
The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Then there are many claiming that the 22nd Amendment defines the term of the president as four years. This Amendment only limits the president to two terms and has nothing to do with the length of a term of office.
The 22nd Amendment Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
Originally, the office of President and Vice President were separate. People ran for each. The way we have Vice President selected by the Presidental candidate is also not authorized by the Constitution.

All of this does not address what happens in an emergency. Former President Harry Truman seized steel production under the argument of national security during the Koren War.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...-maybe-he-can/

Not saying Trump should do this, but teasing the Democrats should they continue to push mail-in voting, is giving them what they deserve.

But I have not found anything to counter this argument, tho' haven't spent a long time researching it. If anyone has any countering data, I'd appreciate it. So far how long a term is seems to just be set on a de facto basis by precedent.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:51 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
There is a lot of fake news running around claiming that the 20th Amendment to the Constitution says the term must end by January 20th. However, this does not specify which January.

The 20th Amendment says:
The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Then there are many claiming that the 22nd Amendment defines the term of the president as four years. This Amendment only limits the president to two terms and has nothing to do with the length of a term of office.
The 22nd Amendment Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
Originally, the office of President and Vice President were separate. People ran for each. The way we have Vice President selected by the Presidental candidate is also not authorized by the Constitution.

All of this does not address what happens in an emergency. Former President Harry Truman seized steel production under the argument of national security during the Koren War.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...-maybe-he-can/

Not saying Trump should do this, but teasing the Democrats should they continue to push mail-in voting, is giving them what they deserve.

But I have not found anything to counter this argument, tho' haven't spent a long time researching it. If anyone has any countering data, I'd appreciate it. So far how long a term is seems to just be set on a de facto basis by precedent.
Lmao. Nutty BEP
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 AM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao. Nutty Constitution we have, don't we BEP.
FYP

So you can't refute what the document says with any facts, I see. Even though I welcomed that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:53 AM 08-03-2020
Nancy Pelosi has ZERO Constitutional authority to say how states should conduct elections, including how to space voting booths.

We live in a federal republic. Someone needs to break that truth to her, as well a Diphg9.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:15 PM 08-04-2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:15 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
This I can agree with.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 35
« First < 253132333435
Up