ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Louie Gohmert
ChiTown 09:25 AM 07-29-2020
Has the Covid

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
The Texas Republican received the diagnosis during a pre-screening procedure at the White House on Wednesday morning.


By JAKE SHERMAN

07/29/2020 10:09 AM EDT

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"[I]f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

In May, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) turned down the administration's offer of rapid testing for the Capitol. Some lawmakers — mostly Republicans — decline to use face coverings while in the building.

Gohmert attended Tuesday's blockbuster House Judiciary Committee hearing with Attorney General William Barr in person, where lawmakers were seated at some distance from one another.

But footage from before the hearing shows Gohmert and Barr walking together in close contact, with neither wearing a mask.

Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said Barr will be tested for coronavirus on Wednesday.

At one point in the hearing, Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) chastised several Republicans for taking off their masks, though Gohmert was not among those he scolded.

"I would remind Mr. Jordan, Mr. Biggs and Mr. Johnson to stop violating the rules of the committee,” Nadler said, referring to Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs and Louisiana Rep. Mike Johnson, three GOP lawmakers. “To stop violating the safety of the members of the committee. To stop holding themselves out as not caring by refusing to wear their masks.”

“Is it permissible to drink a sip of coffee?” one of the members asked.

“It is not permissible,” replied Nadler.

Connie Hair, Gohmert's chief of staff, declined comment.

Kyle Cheney, Josh Gerstein and Max Cohen contributed to this report.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-386076
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:43 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Masks do nothing. It's aesthetic. It makes the nervous nellies who would otherwise never leave their house to come outside and participate in the great society.
The banning of Hydroxychloroquine could have saved thousands more in the early stages. That was intentionally designed so more will fall to it and die. Fauci is a Dr. Mengele.

Rand Paul had it but was asymptomatic.

I have to wonder if Cain had a heart condition. He's of African descent and that demographic has been hard hit by it.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:44 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The banning of Hydroxychloroquine could have saved thousands more in the early stages.

Rand Paul had it but was asymptomatic.

I have to wonder if Cain had a heart condition. He's of African descent and that demographic has been hard hit by it.
How long can we expect to live?

In 2018, life expectancy at birth was 78.7 years for the total U.S. population—an increase of 0.1 year from 78.6 years in 2017 (Figure 1). For males, life expectancy changed from 76.1 in 2017 to 76.2 in 2018—an increase of 0.1 year. For females, life expectancy increased 0.1 year from 81.1 years in 2017 to 81.2 in 2018.

Herman Cain was 75.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:46 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
How long can we expect to live?

In 2018, life expectancy at birth was 78.7 years for the total U.S. population—an increase of 0.1 year from 78.6 years in 2017 (Figure 1). For males, life expectancy changed from 76.1 in 2017 to 76.2 in 2018—an increase of 0.1 year. For females, life expectancy increased 0.1 year from 81.1 years in 2017 to 81.2 in 2018.

Herman Cain was 75.
Oh really! Well there you go.

Hydroxychloroquine saved a 96 year old man. It was Dr. Siegel of Fox's dad.

Now let's hope Soros gets it. HiLiary and Pelosi too. You can bet, they will have HCQ smuggled in for them to survive it tho'. They are front puppets for the global oligarchs.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:35 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Technically, Richard Muller was a climate change denier for a while. I mean, he himself admits as much.



His story is how the scientific process should work. He changed his mind after being presented with evidence.
He was shamed and demonized just for voicing his skepticism and you think that is good for science? You think that makes science more reiable? Did you think the process was working too when Galileo recanted?

Before you say its different. Its all forms of coercion that is the problem. Defending calling people climate change deniers is the on par with defending the roman inquisition.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:42 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
How long can we expect to live?

In 2018, life expectancy at birth was 78.7 years for the total U.S. population—an increase of 0.1 year from 78.6 years in 2017 (Figure 1). For males, life expectancy changed from 76.1 in 2017 to 76.2 in 2018—an increase of 0.1 year. For females, life expectancy increased 0.1 year from 81.1 years in 2017 to 81.2 in 2018.

Herman Cain was 75.
Life expectancy at 75 is longer than life expectancy at birth. Life expectancy if you are 75 is 86 years. Before Herman Cain got the Covid we should have expected him to life another 11 years....probably a little longer because he is wealthy....maybe a little shorter because he is black(life expectancy is a multi-variant problem).
[Reply]
Fish 01:35 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
He was shamed and demonized just for voicing his skepticism and you think that is good for science? You think that makes science more reiable? Did you think the process was working too when Galileo recanted?

Before you say its different. Its all forms of coercion that is the problem. Defending calling people climate change deniers is the on par with defending the roman inquisition.
I believe you are greatly exaggerating claims of being "Shamed and demonized." I'd be interesting in learning about that, but I'm unable to find anything regarding that for Richard Muller.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with the reliability of science. At all.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:44 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I believe you are greatly exaggerating claims of being "Shamed and demonized." I'd be interesting in learning about that, but I'm unable to find anything regarding that for Richard Muller.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with the reliability of science. At all.
I brought Muller up because I was challenged to bring someone up and he instantly came to my mind. I'm sure if I searched for other demonized scientist I could find them. The shame is I didn't have to search at all.

The left has the phrase "Climate Change Denier" in its lexicon to demonize and shame those who express skepticism. Pretending it is never used or used rarely against legitimate scientist is just silly.

It serves a political agenda at the expense of scientific integrity. Coerced "opinions" are not as trustworthy as non-coerced ones.
[Reply]
neech 01:53 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Now let's hope Soros gets it. HiLiary and Pelosi too. You can bet, they will have HCQ smuggled in for them to survive it tho'. They are front puppets for the global oligarchs.
Soros is 89 years old and in two weeks will be 90, even if he has the best medicine in the world father time will catch up to you. Yep
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:09 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Soros is 89 years old and in two weeks will be 90, even if he has the best medicine in the world father time will catch up to you. Yep
Soro's life expectancy right now is 94. Good chance he doesn't see the results of the 2024 election.
[Reply]
Fish 02:20 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
I brought Muller up because I was challenged to bring someone up and he instantly came to my mind. I'm sure if I searched for other demonized scientist I could find them. The shame is I didn't have to search at all.

The left has the phrase "Climate Change Denier" in its lexicon to demonize and shame those who express skepticism. Pretending it is never used or used rarely against legitimate scientist is just silly.

It serves a political agenda at the expense of scientific integrity. Coerced "opinions" are not as trustworthy as non-coerced ones.
Again, you're viewing science from the wrong end. Whatever labels the left or right uses is irrelevant. The left calling someone a "Climate change denier" doesn't affect the actual science of climate change in the slightest. Science doesn't give a shit about what phrases the left uses, it doesn't change it any. The fact that science sometimes serves a political agenda is not the fault of science, and certainly doesn't affect the scientific integrity. If that were the case, then any scientifically accepted idea could be tarnished strictly by political lies and misuse instead of just better science. It should be easy to see the fault in that.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:22 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Again, you're viewing science from the wrong end. Whatever labels the left or right uses is irrelevant. The left calling someone a "Climate change denier" doesn't affect the actual science of climate change in the slightest. Science doesn't give a shit about what phrases the left uses, it doesn't change it any. The fact that science sometimes serves a political agenda is not the fault of science, and certainly doesn't affect the scientific integrity. If that were the case, then any scientifically accepted idea could be tarnished strictly by political lies and misuse instead of just better science. It should be easy to see the fault in that.
Premise 1: Good science can not happen without skepticism.
Premise 2: Skepticism of climate change is/has been silenced/stiffled/or otherwise discouraged by the left.
Conclusion: Therefore Climate change science is not good science.

Premise 1 is on its face true. Evidence of Premise 2 is the existence of the slur the left often uses, "Climate Change Denier" against reputable scientist like Richard Muller. You even said just a couple of post up, "Technically, Richard Muller was a climate change denier for a while."
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:30 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Has the Covid

[FONT="Arial Black"]Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
Gohmert said he contracted it after wearing a mask.
[Reply]
Fish 04:55 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Premise 1: Good science can not happen without skepticism.
Premise 2: Skepticism of climate change is/has been silenced/stiffled/or otherwise discouraged by the left.
Conclusion: Therefore Climate change science is not good science.

Premise 1 is on its face true. Evidence of Premise 2 is the existence of the slur the left often uses, "Climate Change Denier" against reputable scientist like Richard Muller. You even said just a couple of post up, "Technically, Richard Muller was a climate change denier for a while."
Premise 1: Absolutely.

Premise 2: Again, what "The left" discourages does not affect actual science. That's strictly politics, and you seem again unable to separate the two. "Climate change denier" is not a slur. Those people exist, and there's nothing wrong with that. Muller admits to previously being one. I've seen no evidence of Muller being demonized or shamed for his prior views by any fellow scientists, so I'm not really sure where you're coming from on that. There's no information via Google search on anything of the sort. If you have evidence of that, I'd love to see it, because otherwise your premise doesn't stand up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:16 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Gohmert said he contracted it after wearing a mask.
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:23 PM 07-30-2020
I still don't have it.

And wearing a face diaper is for pussies.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up