ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Louie Gohmert
ChiTown 09:25 AM 07-29-2020
Has the Covid

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
The Texas Republican received the diagnosis during a pre-screening procedure at the White House on Wednesday morning.

By JAKE SHERMAN

07/29/2020 10:09 AM EDT

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"[I]f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

In May, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) turned down the administration's offer of rapid testing for the Capitol. Some lawmakers — mostly Republicans — decline to use face coverings while in the building.

Gohmert attended Tuesday's blockbuster House Judiciary Committee hearing with Attorney General William Barr in person, where lawmakers were seated at some distance from one another.

But footage from before the hearing shows Gohmert and Barr walking together in close contact, with neither wearing a mask.

Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said Barr will be tested for coronavirus on Wednesday.

At one point in the hearing, Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) chastised several Republicans for taking off their masks, though Gohmert was not among those he scolded.

"I would remind Mr. Jordan, Mr. Biggs and Mr. Johnson to stop violating the rules of the committee,” Nadler said, referring to Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs and Louisiana Rep. Mike Johnson, three GOP lawmakers. “To stop violating the safety of the members of the committee. To stop holding themselves out as not caring by refusing to wear their masks.”

“Is it permissible to drink a sip of coffee?” one of the members asked.

“It is not permissible,” replied Nadler.

Connie Hair, Gohmert's chief of staff, declined comment.

Kyle Cheney, Josh Gerstein and Max Cohen contributed to this report.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-386076
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 03:10 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How many peer-reviewed papers have you published?
To be fair, these would be Merde's peers:

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:19 PM 07-29-2020
Hydroxychloroquine should cure him according to some on here
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 04:31 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How many peer-reviewed papers have you published?
Science doesn't change. -NGRS13

That's all I really need to know. :-)
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:34 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Can you name any of these oppressed scientists who have been labeled?
Richard Muller was labeled a climate change denier for a while. A label he certainly did not deserve.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:39 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
If the "denier" comes forth with credible evidence, they will be treated just fine.
Except they won't. They will be shamed and demonized for expressing skepticism and not goosestepping with the political agenda. The left politicized science and made it less reliable, less trustworthy in the process.
[Reply]
Taco John 12:02 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hydroxychloroquine should cure him according to some on here
So long as he hasn't reached the Cytokine Bloom stage, yes, HCQ and the rest should control it just fine. There's really nothing to worry about here if they caught it early enough.
[Reply]
Fish 07:42 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Richard Muller was labeled a climate change denier for a while. A label he certainly did not deserve.
Technically, Richard Muller was a climate change denier for a while. I mean, he himself admits as much.

Originally Posted by :
"Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming," Muller wrote. "Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I'm now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/o...e-skeptic.html
His story is how the scientific process should work. He changed his mind after being presented with evidence.
[Reply]
Fish 07:48 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Except they won't. They will be shamed and demonized for expressing skepticism and not goosestepping with the political agenda. The left politicized science and made it less reliable, less trustworthy in the process.
Don't be silly. Nobody is getting shamed and demonized for producing credible evidence. Science isn't any less reliable or trustworthy. Because science is a process. Science doesn't give one single shit about politics. You're looking at it from the wrong end.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:09 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Stupid mother****er wanted to make a big show of the "hoax" and now may have put everyone at risk.
I thought you pro-mask folks were claiming wearing a mask was to protest OTHERS?

Goalposts always changing again.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:12 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I thought you pro-mask folks were claiming wearing a mask was to protest OTHERS?

Goalposts always changing again.
Oh boy, read it again.

He put everyone at risk.
Because he didn't wear a mask.
Which backs up the claim that wearing a mask protects others from YOU.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:24 AM 07-30-2020
Stupid mother****er wanted to make a big show of the "hoax" and now may have put everyone at risk.
Remember when Big Boof got upset like this when Chris Cuomo was out and about spreading germs :-)

"He got in an altercation with a cyclist who called him out for violating his quarantine roughly a week ago. And here is CNN saying he has been riding out his quarantine in 'his basement' for 'the last several weeks.' I hate the term fake news. But this is literally *fake* news," author James Hasson reacted.

"Is this a joke? Yes, this is from Stelter's newsletter. Chris Cuomo was in East Hampton 8 days ago. This is bananas," New York Post columnist Karol Markowicz exclaimed.

"What sort of gaslighting is this? Chris Cuomo didn't just emerge from a basement quarantine - I mean, the guy got in a well-publicized fight with a biker outside of his second home in the Hamptons on Easter. This is ... pretty shameless stuff by CNN," Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy wrote.

"This is a proven lie. As usual, CNN doesn't care about the facts (or most of you)," NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ch...omo-mike-pence
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:36 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Remember when Big Boof got upset like this when Chris Cuomo was out and about spreading germs :-)

"He got in an altercation with a cyclist who called him out for violating his quarantine roughly a week ago. And here is CNN saying he has been riding out his quarantine in 'his basement' for 'the last several weeks.' I hate the term fake news. But this is literally *fake* news," author James Hasson reacted.

"Is this a joke? Yes, this is from Stelter's newsletter. Chris Cuomo was in East Hampton 8 days ago. This is bananas," New York Post columnist Karol Markowicz exclaimed.

"What sort of gaslighting is this? Chris Cuomo didn't just emerge from a basement quarantine - I mean, the guy got in a well-publicized fight with a biker outside of his second home in the Hamptons on Easter. This is ... pretty shameless stuff by CNN," Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy wrote.

"This is a proven lie. As usual, CNN doesn't care about the facts (or most of you)," NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ch...omo-mike-pence
I didn't see this story. I do remember castigating Quinten Lucas for not wearing a mask or social distancing at the lake. If you want to lead, you do it by example and not be a blatant hypocrite.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
So your angry tirade at Louie, who is actually the recipient of somebody else ostensibly not wearing a mask.

:-)
He thinks the govt should mandate what we need to wear to protect ourselves. He's not big on personal responsibility on which libertarianism was created.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 AM 07-30-2020
Oh boy, read it again.

He put everyone at risk.
Because he didn't wear a mask.
Which backs up the claim that wearing a mask protects others from YOU.
That's anecdotal, which is not science. Go on the CDC's site and read about the type of masks doctors wear when around infectious illnesses. It's not those cloth thingies.

There's about 5 different masks for different situations.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:40 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
He thinks the govt should mandate what we need to wear to protect ourselves. He's not big on personal responsibility on which libertarianism was created.
Masks do nothing. It's aesthetic. It makes the nervous nellies who would otherwise never leave their house to come outside and participate in the great society.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up