ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Media Center>First Rock & Roll concert you ever saw?
BigRedChief 01:33 AM 07-19-2020
Share whatever you want of the milestone

Oct. 2nd 1974. The New York Dolls and Lynyrd Skynyrd in Springfield, Missouri in what Was a bowling alley but I think its a Church now on Glenstone. Not too far from chestnut expressway. They both blew my mind. Opened up possibilities.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:26 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bweb:
REO Speedwagon - Wichita 1985
I saw them in 83 (Good Trouble Tour) with Red Rider "Lunatic Fringe" at the Coliseum. Great Show.

I moved to Colorado in 87. We have a venue in Golden called the Buffalo Rose.
Gary Richrath used to play there doing his solo gig. I actually got to hang out with him a bit. Really nice guy. very talented. I was sad when he passed 5 years ago. He lived hard and played hard. RIP.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:06 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
...We have a venue in Golden called the Buffalo Rose. Gary Richrath used to play there doing his solo gig. I actually got to hang out with him a bit. Really nice guy. very talented. I was sad when he passed 5 years ago. He lived hard and played hard. RIP.
This is not a horror movie, this is Gary playing live a little more than a year before he died.


[Reply]
Ron Swanson 08:20 PM 07-27-2020
Skynyrd and Tesla at Sandstone in 1995. Two of my favorite bands, so it was awesome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I saw them in 83 (Good Trouble Tour) with Red Rider "Lunatic Fringe" at the Coliseum. Great Show.

I moved to Colorado in 87. We have a venue in Golden called the Buffalo Rose.
Gary Richrath used to play there doing his solo gig. I actually got to hang out with him a bit. Really nice guy. very talented. I was sad when he passed 5 years ago. He lived hard and played hard. RIP.
before REO went with the ballad shit, they were a great rock and roll band from 1973-1982 or so. Gary was very underrated guitarist of that generation.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:04 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
before REO went with the ballad shit, they were a great rock and roll band from 1973-1982 or so. Gary was very underrated guitarist of that generation.

[Reply]
BWillie 09:10 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Skynyrd and Tesla at Sandstone in 1995. Two of my favorite bands, so it was awesome.
I had no idea Sandstone had such an illustrious history. I don't hear about it anymore. It used to be the place to be apparently. I heard about it when I first moved to Kansas City, too. Then no more concerts really seem to go there?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:48 AM 07-28-2020
First concert I went to was back in July of 2001 at Sandstone Amphitheater to see Blink 182.. 16 year old me was all about it
[Reply]
Barret 11:55 AM 07-28-2020
May 1988 Pink Floyd Delicate Sounds of Thunder tour. Minneapolis at the Metrodome. A Laser show in a dome is insanely cool but I kept looking back at this Big trailer looking thing in the back. Final song - Comfortably Numb and this big ass ball of lights comes rising out of the trailer, so you have all the regular lasers and stuff going on and then this big ass thing starts up as well.
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:27 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
before REO went with the ballad shit, they were a great rock and roll band from 1973-1982 or so. Gary was very underrated guitarist of that generation.
I got a thrill listening to him work on Roll with the Changes the other night on Pandora.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:37 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I saw them that year too.. Foreigner would get a local choir in the city they are playing in to help them sing "I want to know what love is"...
They did that last year at the Illinois state fair, a local high school choir won the contest
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:52 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
hmmm... I dont know if its exactly a rock concert, but it was 95 at the Sacramento Fairgrounds, Beastie Boys and Bad Brains! If not that one, then 98 at the Family Values tour.

Korn
Rammstein
Ice Cube
Limp Bizkit
Orgy
Beasties and Bad Brains?

Id call that a rock show
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:43 PM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I got a thrill listening to him work on Roll with the Changes the other night on Pandora.
This was broadcast on radio nationwide live. Excellent capture of them at their height. Quality live recording for 1978. First tour they did Roll with the Changes.
The Checkerdome, St. Louis, Missouri May 11 1978 WCOZ-FM Boston Mass (RIP) Broadcast 01.

Dj Intro
02. Son Of A Poor Man
03. Like You Do
04. Lucky For You
05. Say You Love Me Or Say Goodnight
06. Roll With The Changes
07. Being Kind
08. Keep Pushin'
09. The Unidentified Flying Tuna Trot
10. 157 Riverside Avenue
11. Ridin' The Storm Out --- Station ID + DJ Talking Before
Encore
12. Golden Country



[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:08 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This was broadcast on radio nationwide live. Excellent capture of them at their height. Quality live recording for 1978. First tour they did Roll with the Changes.
The Checkerdome, St. Louis, Missouri May 11 1978 WCOZ-FM Boston Mass (RIP) Broadcast 01.

Dj Intro
02. Son Of A Poor Man
03. Like You Do
04. Lucky For You
05. Say You Love Me Or Say Goodnight
06. Roll With The Changes
07. Being Kind
08. Keep Pushin'
09. The Unidentified Flying Tuna Trot
10. 157 Riverside Avenue
11. Ridin' The Storm Out --- Station ID + DJ Talking Before
Encore
12. Golden Country


Interesting that the prelude includes music from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Yes also used that to open shows (replacing Stravinsky's "Firebird Suite") during that same time. Wonder how many other bands did that.


[Reply]
Shoes 10:51 AM 07-29-2020
Small venue- Nazareth.

Big venue- Van Halen.
[Reply]
oldman 11:55 AM 07-29-2020
The Beatles, Kansas City Muncipal Stadium, September, 1964. We were sitting on the field. I'd like to say it was the best concert I ever saw, but it was pretty bad. Only about 30 min. and we couldn't hear much.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up