ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>A (Non) Exhaustive List Of Things That Have Been Deemed OFFENSIVE By The Left
digger 03:30 PM 07-13-2020

Feel free to add to the list:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ing-card-game/

https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/18/f...ist-statement/

https://freedomwire.com/aunt-jemima-canceled/

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...-says-company/
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 10:52 AM 07-14-2020
Pathetic.. absolutely Pathetic to attack a young girl like this. Be ashamed of yourself NJ
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:14 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Pathetic.. absolutely Pathetic to attack a young girl like this. Be ashamed of yourself NJ
If I called her a dumb bitch on her social media, I would agree with you. But I never did that. While we're on the topic though, how could we forget how the right obsessively vilified Greta Thunberg for months? The lack of self awareness from you guys is unreal.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:17 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
These are the same arguments from the 1960s, just repackaged for today's political climate. MLK actually had a great quote on this before he was, you know, murdered for fighting for racial justice (though conservatives now use him as the 'right way' to do it)

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."
While I think you mean well by saying this, I sincerely feel like you are missing your mark by a long ways. What freedoms are BLM actually striving for? Civil Rights of the 60s had a goal. I don't see a goal with anything going on here. Its torching neighborhoods, harrassing and intimidating anyone you disagree with (under the guise of systemic racism), and creating anarchy. Defund the police? Seriously? But not only defund the police, but don't let the common man defend his home, family, etc. if they do, then we need the law...even though we just called to defund the police...to make this injustice right.

If a segment of the population genuinely feels like they are being treated like a 2nd rate citizen, screaming "I'm better than you" at the people they feel is holding them down is not going to gain much traction. Thats a tactic to play to the emotions of others, which only cause divide. What is happening now is going to undo what progress has been made over the years. Its not helping anybody.

Also, if BLM was just an anti-cop message, why are they taking down the statues of confederate soliders?
Why was a statue of a conquistador in new Mexico vandalized?
Why was a Christopher Columbus statue beheaded in Boston?
Why did "protesters" vandalize statues of Columbus and Ponce de Leon in Miami? They spray painted a hammer and sickle
Columbus got it again in Pittsburgh, Providence, and Sacramento (Queen Isabella got it in Sacramento too)

Columbus is credited with coming to America, which was affected natives, no blacks. So is BLM more anti-white than pro-black? I don't understand the relationship here.

They also spray painted the WW11 memorial

a statue of Thaddeus Kosciuzko (who was a believer in the rights of ethnic and racial minorities. He actually had in his will to use part of his fortune to buy out and free slaves. Yep, thats one to spray paint and cover in urine for sure, huh BLM?

Do I need to mention them spray painting the Lincoln memorial, or is that one too obivous?

Since we are quoting King, let me offer this one to you, its from his "I have a dream" speech.

“That If we as Negroes succumb to the temptation of using violence in our struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness. And our legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.”

Lastly, BLM has gained a huge amount of support over the last few years, in large part to the activism on the ground that you deem as "divisive." Most people are in support of the movement as it stands today. You will be on the wrong side of history, as usual.
Yep, its apparent that many people are willing to follow. And it is absolutely divisive. Nothing good is going to come from rioting, looting, and defacing/ruining everything in your path.

Interesting that you frame these as riots and not protests when millions of people were peacefully marching and exercising their constitutional rights. Anyways, whatever you call it, it was not about how Floyd was some angel. The only people who have ever invoked his past are conservatives who want to tear him down.
Now its a matter of words. They are "protesting". Idiots getting shot in Chaz is an example of peaceful protests? Same with Minneapolis and other countless cities that suffered large scale destruction throughout areas? And let me just point this out. You were the one in this conversation to mention Floyd's past. Not me. I said his death fit a narative. Why doesn't any other death garner the same attention?

If she would have posted the same message without #bluelivesmatter she likely wouldn't have gotten any pushback. You realize how hashtags work, right? People can scour social media for them. Toxic people looking to go on the attack are going to be in any and all mentions of #bluelivesmatter and even #blacklivesmatter. Pointing that out is not to say that I condone people attacking her, it's just how the internet works. Post a popular and controversial hashtag and you're going to attract assholes. Do you dispute that?
You called her "some dumb bitch" , you condone it.

She supported her father. She was proud of her father. She's well within her right to say his life mattered. You are one of those toxic people. You think she's asking for it by saying this. Wasn't it our buddy LoonIguana who kept trying to make a parallel to domestic violence earlier in some threads. Yeah, thats how the world works, she was asking for it. If she didn't want it, she shouldn't have said it.

Did you ever think that the assholes are the problem and not the girl trying to express her loss for her father?

You're a disingenuous piece of shit. There's no if's and's or but's about it.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 11:20 AM 07-14-2020
BRB gonna log out and log back in using one of my mults

[Reply]
backinblack 11:22 AM 07-14-2020
this got whataboutism'd so efficiently it's almost funny. But what about George Floyd? But what about Greta Thunberg?

How about just don't be an asshole to a 16 year old girl mourning her father's death okay? I don't give a shit if she's the daughter of Charles Manson, it's not right.

also like the defense "well she used a hashtag on social media what do you expect". Like you don't see the problem here?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:29 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
While I think you mean well by saying this, I sincerely feel like you are missing your mark by a long ways. What freedoms are BLM actually striving for? Civil Rights of the 60s had a goal. I don't see a goal with anything going on here. Its torching neighborhoods, harrassing and intimidating anyone you disagree with (under the guise of systemic racism), and creating anarchy. Defund the police? Seriously? But not only defund the police, but don't let the common man defend his home, family, etc. if they do, then we need the law...even though we just called to defund the police...to make this injustice right.

If a segment of the population genuinely feels like they are being treated like a 2nd rate citizen, screaming "I'm better than you" at the people they feel is holding them down is not going to gain much traction. Thats a tactic to play to the emotions of others, which only cause divide. What is happening now is going to undo what progress has been made over the years. Its not helping anybody.

Why was a statue of a conquistador in new Mexico vandalized?
Why was a Christopher Columbus statue beheaded in Boston?
Why did "protesters" vandalize statues of Columbus and Ponce de Leon in Miami? They spray painted a hammer and sickle
Columbus got it again in Pittsburgh, Providence, and Sacramento (Queen Isabella got it in Sacramento too)

Columbus is credited with coming to America, which was affected natives, no blacks. So is BLM more anti-white than pro-black? I don't understand the relationship here.

They also spray painted the WW11 memorial

a statue of Thaddeus Kosciuzko (who was a believer in the rights of ethnic and racial minorities. He actually had in his will to use part of his fortune to buy out and free slaves. Yep, thats one to spray paint and cover in urine for sure, huh BLM?

Do I need to mention them spray painting the Lincoln memorial, or is that one too obivous?

Since we are quoting King, let me offer this one to you, its from his "I have a dream" speech.

“That If we as Negroes succumb to the temptation of using violence in our struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness. And our legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.”

Yep, its apparent that many people are willing to follow. And it is absolutely divisive. Nothing good is going to come from rioting, looting, and defacing/ruining everything in your path.

Now its a matter of words. They are "protesting". Idiots getting shot in Chaz is an example of peaceful protests? Same with Minneapolis and other countless cities that suffered large scale destruction throughout areas? And let me just point this out. You were the one in this conversation to mention Floyd's past. Not me. I said his death fit a narative. Why doesn't any other death garner the same attention?

You called her "some dumb bitch" , you condone it.

She supported her father. She was proud of her father. She's well within her right to say his life mattered. You are one of those toxic people. You think she's asking for it by saying this. Wasn't it our buddy LoonIguana who kept trying to make a parallel to domestic violence earlier in some threads. Yeah, thats how the world works, she was asking for it. If she didn't want it, she shouldn't have said it.

Did you ever think that the assholes are the problem and not the girl trying to express her loss for her father?

You're a disingenuous piece of shit. There's no if's and's or but's about it.
It's pointless to engage with you when you choose to focus on every excess of a massive movement that has millions of people on the ground fighting for justice. There is no good faith attempt to understand what people are actually fighting for, because if you came at the issue honestly you could easily find all of the answers you seek. You don't because you're ignorant and want to remain that way. That's what makes you a conservative.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:30 AM 07-14-2020
If I called her a dumb bitch on her social media, I would agree with you. But I never did that. While we're on the topic though, how could we forget how the right obsessively vilified Greta Thunberg for months? The lack of self awareness from you guys is unreal.
:-)

Holy crap. You are a disingenuous piece of shit. Comparing Savannah Chavez and Greta Thunberg. :-)

Whatever you have to tell yourself to rationalize attacking a 16 year old girl.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:31 AM 07-14-2020
It's pointless to engage with you when you choose to focus on every excess of a massive movement that has millions of people on the ground fighting for justice. There is no good faith attempt to understand what people are actually fighting for, because if you came at the issue honestly you could easily find all of the answers you seek. You don't because you're ignorant and want to remain that way. That's what makes you a conservative.
Yeah, got nothing huh?

Go on your merry little way pissant. You've got a world to save and hashtags to wield.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:33 AM 07-14-2020
^^^^This is what makes you a liberal. Taking an untenable position until you can no longer defend it and then saying “well, I’m done talking to you. This is why you’re a conservative.”

I believe the saying is “tap out acknowledged”.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:34 AM 07-14-2020
You didn't do it directly to her. You didn't have the balls. You just did it on a public forum ABOUT her.

When marginalized people are killed unjustly and people like Candace Owens piss on their grave she receives tens of millions of views and overwhelming praise from the right. So spare me your outrage over some dumb bitch receiving hate for using her father's death to shit on BLM.

[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:35 AM 07-14-2020
Bad Faith, what makes you say that...

"What freedoms are BLM actually striving for? Civil Rights of the 60s had a goal. I don't see a goal with anything going on here."

Oh, yeah there it is.

The "I don't see anything (and refuse to look or engage in sources that would educate me)" bad faith comment.

Golden.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:36 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
:-)

Holy crap. You are a disingenuous piece of shit. Comparing Savannah Chavez and Greta Thunberg. :-)

Whatever you have to tell yourself to rationalize attacking a 16 year old girl.
^Is unaware he just rationalized attacking a teenage girl.

Typical conservative.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:38 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Bad Faith, what makes you say that...

"What freedoms are BLM actually striving for? Civil Rights of the 60s had a goal. I don't see a goal with anything going on here."

Oh, yeah there it is.

The "I don't see anything (and refuse to look or engage in sources that would educate me)" bad faith comment.

Golden.
What's the end game then? What is BLM actually working towards? They are screaming black lives matter, and if anybody says anything else, they are considered part of the systemic racism problem and shouted down, or attacked, by a mob. Even terrorists have a list of demands.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:45 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
What's the end game then? What is BLM actually working towards? They are screaming black lives matter, and if anybody says anything else, they are considered part of the systemic racism problem and shouted down, or attacked, by a mob. Even terrorists have a list of demands.
F off with this bad faith bull shit.

You don't care. You aren't going to suddenly care. You are only asking these questions to attack and discredit the movement.

The are multiple ways you can educate yourself on this. And it doesn't include whining like a victim.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:46 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
F off with this bad faith bull shit.

You don't care. You aren't going to suddenly care. You are only asking these questions to attack and discredit the movement.

The are multiple ways you can educate yourself on this. And it doesn't include whining like a victim.
Damn,

I got two tapouts rapid fire style.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up