Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>CDC: COVID-19 Deaths continue to Decline
Taco John 11:04 PM 07-08-2020

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:40 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by NWTF:
National strategy. Either we shut down or we dont. I vote for we dont.
This is the biggest issue at hand: There is no national strategy.

Orders and recommendations that work in South Dakota, Nebraska or Iowa don't necessarily work in California, Arizona, Florida and New York.

This should be handled state by state. States that can't or don't open at the same time as lesser populated states shouldn't lose federal government funding.

There is no "One size fits all" and states shouldn't be treated as such.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:40 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You being the next one would be a good ****ing start.
I’ll second that.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 07:44 PM 07-09-2020
Why? Why should Alabama be treated the same as Dumbf*ck New York looney land?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:45 PM 07-09-2020
Imagine if the decision would be up to biden. Destroy 10's of millions of lives by shutting things down or stay open. Guess what biden would do. Not anything different than trump. And all of a sudden oakie would agree with it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is the biggest issue at hand: There is no national strategy.

Orders and recommendations that work in South Dakota, Nebraska or Iowa don't necessarily work in California, Arizona, Florida and New York.

This should be handled state by state. States that can't or don't open at the same time as lesser populated states shouldn't lose federal government funding.

There is no "One size fits all" and states shouldn't be treated as such.
See now Dane you are getting common sensical...way too common sensical for DC
[Reply]
petegz28 07:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Why? Why should Alabama be treated the same as Dumbfuck New York looney land?
I think he was pointing out to OH that there can't be a national strategy other than shutting down the entire country.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Imagine if the decision would be up to biden. Destroy 10's of millions of lives by shutting things down or stay open. Guess what biden would do. Not anything different than trump. And all of a sudden oakie would agree with it.
If Biden was president the media would be quiet as church mice. Hydroxychloroquine would be made readily because there would be no bullshit politics behind it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:59 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There is not enough evidence to claim that children will be "fine". How many kids do you have in elementary or middle school? Also, for those of you that are pushing children to go back to school, why? Especially when things like this occur when kids and adults gather together en masse:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/missou...t-coronavirus/

Missouri sleepaway camp closes after 82 kids, staff get COVID-19

A Missouri sleepaway camp has shut down after more than 80 kids and staffers became infected with the coronavirus, health officials said. Kamp Kanakuk decided to end its K-2 program in Lampe last week after the first few dozen cases were detected, according to the Stone County Health Department.

As of Monday, at least 82 campers and staff have tested positive for the virus, officials said. The infected campers and employees have since returned to at least 10 states, as well as several Missouri counties, officials said.

“Stone County Health Department will be working closely with Kanakuk Kamps to identify exposed individuals and quarantine those individuals, as necessary,” the agency said.

The Christian summer camp program, which hosted kids ages 13 to 18, had promised a summer of “over-the-top fun and activities, deep friendships, biblical discipleship, and focused sports training” on its website.

The evidence is there. You're not happy with it. That's a different issue. I understand your position, but it the science is still the science.

BTW, I don't like public schools in the best of times, so the idea that I'm pushing children to go back to school is simply not accurate. I'm just pointing out the obvious, which is that the Wu Flu is less dangerous to kids than the regular flu, according to the current science and data, and that the obvious take from that is that schools should, therefore be open as before.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:02 PM 07-09-2020
Lookit, if I was in LA or Phoenix or Houston I probably would be hesitant to send my child to school right now.

But in Mo, even with the outbreak at the camp and here in JoCo, Ks there isn't any apparent reason not to send kids to school.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:25 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The evidence is there. You're not happy with it. That's a different issue. I understand your position, but it the science is still the science.
There is very, very little evidence available regarding children 10 and under and my post has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I'm personally happy about it.

To be completely honest, I hope that my kids can go back to school in August. They need to be with their friends, they need to be in a learning environment and they need to be involved in their extra-curricular activities.

But until we know more about the short and long term effect it has on young children, I don't feel comfortable putting their health and safety at risk.

BTW, I don't like public schools in the best of times, so the idea that I'm pushing children to go back to school is simply not accurate.
I never implied that you were for or against either and you have my apologies if that was inferred because it was not my intention.

I'm just pointing out the obvious, which is that the Wu Flu is less dangerous to kids than the regular flu, according to the current science and data
That's the issue that I and many other parents of elementary school children have is that the current data and science is changing from day to day and there's been no consensus. And since there is no consensus, I'd rather my children stay and home and attend Online Schooling, just as they've done this past Spring, until there IS more data available or there's a safe and effective vaccine.

I am not willing to risk my children's long term health and possibly, their lives, on "current" data which in my opinion, is incomplete at best and faulty at worst, especially considering that it's just a few months out of what will hopefully be long and prosperous lives.

and that the obvious take from that is that schools should, therefore be open as before.
Open as before? That's just not happening, at least not in a school district such as the LAUSD, which has more than 734,000 students and thousands of employees. The guidelines set forth by the CDC will be a bear to implement and will cost far more money than a "normal" school year.

Even IF the LAUSD is mandated to open, it won't be "open as before" because there will be strict social distancing protocols in place, so regardless of how many children are in each classroom "normally", whether it's 15 or 32, there will be far less due to the new protocols.

And it doesn't matter whether or not some of the kids go to school on Monday's and Tuesday's while the other kids go to school on Thursday and Friday: It will not be, in any way, shape or form, "open as before".
[Reply]
NinerDoug 08:14 AM 07-10-2020
Take a look at the deaths over the last three days. Along with skyrocketing new cases. This thing is going anywhere but away.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 08:19 AM 07-10-2020
CDC is refusing Trump’s demand to revise school guidelines.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:24 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Take a look at the deaths over the last three days.
Link?
[Reply]
Donger 08:47 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
Link?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:50 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
I'm not seeing any "last 3 days" entries.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up