ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Lounge>Juan Thornhill injury updates
TLO 03:27 PM 12-29-2019

Andy Reid says he will know more about Juan Thornhill's injury tomorrow. The rookie safety was in the locker room with a brace on his left knee.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 29, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 12:12 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Torn left ACL this sucks
Did They say the extent? If it is a standard tear and no structural damage then that’s the best we can hope for
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:13 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Saw a tweet it generally takes 18 months to be full strength again. So I assume he won't look right next season
Thatís probably fair. Heís going to have to go the PED route to accelerate that process, odds are.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:14 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Saw a tweet it generally takes 18 months to be full strength again. So I assume he won't look right next season
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING JUAN THORNHILL!
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:14 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
2 weeks, Spags. Figure it out.
Yep. I would assume that Fuller and Watts are going to be the replacements. Fuller has looked decent at safety since heís been moved there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:17 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. I would assume that Fuller and Watts are going to be the replacements. Fuller has looked decent at safety since heís been moved there.
This is what will happen and itís on Fuller and Watts as much as it is Spags to pick up the slack. Make sure youíre on top of your film study and communication. I expect that from those two, they play with good energy and effort.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:24 PM 12-30-2019
I never even saw the injury. No replays, no nothing. I didn't even see him carted off the field. I feel like I should file a missing persons report or something.

Was it completely non-contact?
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 12-30-2019
If it's just the ACL...it sucks, but it could be worse. Surgery, rehab, he'll be fine. I dunno about the 18 month stuff, seems 12 is usually the number.
[Reply]
493rd 12:35 PM 12-30-2019
Can the stars ever just align once for the Chiefs to win a fucking SB? It certainly could still happen this year, but losing this kid when the defense was playing so well feels like yet another punch to the gut of this organization.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:39 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Can the stars ever just align once for the Chiefs to win a fucking SB? It certainly could still happen this year, but losing this kid when the defense was playing so well feels like yet another punch to the gut of this organization.
I don't think it hurts our SB chances *that* much. Unless someone else goes down, then we might be screwed. HB going down or even Ward or Breeland would have been worse imo.

I just worry it might slow him down a bit and maybe he's never quite the same player. Also does it seem like if one ACL goes, the other is going to go at some point? Or am I just paranoid because of JC?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:41 PM 12-30-2019

Going to be one hell of a story📌 Just watch !! https://t.co/pMzDzfqjrr

— The_Juan_And_Only (@Juan_Thornhill) December 30, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:44 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I never even saw the injury. No replays, no nothing. I didn't even see him carted off the field. I feel like I should file a missing persons report or something.

Was it completely non-contact?
I think that's because all the cameras were focused on the TD catch away from him, but yeah it would be interesting to see what happened. All they showed was them tending to him on the field.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 12:46 PM 12-30-2019
I think the loss of Thornhill is a loss of a potential game-changing play by an extremely physically talented player.

However I don't think the loss of him decreases the chance for acceptable safety play. We can still win without him, I just don't think we can win because of him if that makes sense.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:59 PM 12-30-2019
Just as we suspected. Get healthy and ready for next season!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:01 PM 12-30-2019
You knew it. We could see on TV when he was being looked at by the trainers that the knee was moving around that was very unnatural. Like it had broken loose.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:02 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I think that's because all the cameras were focused on the TD catch away from him, but yeah it would be interesting to see what happened. All they showed was them tending to him on the field.
it was a non contact injury.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up