ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 145
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Purposeful media bias thread
Taco John 04:56 PM 04-18-2017
This thread is to chronicle the purposeful media bias that exists in every day life.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:47 PM 08-01-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I can't help you there. JFK stuff is something I do my best to avoid. Sorry.
If you're bored, dive in. There is a shit ton more out there than I expected on the subject, tbh.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=umbrella+man+jfk&ia=web
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:24 AM Yesterday

Just how dishonest is @cnn and @oliverdarcy? This dishonest. pic.twitter.com/B3BL24uijQ

— Tom Bevan (@TomBevanRCP) August 4, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
Facebook moderators call for advertiser boycott to be extended

Current and former Facebook moderators have called for the unprecedented advertiser boycott of the site to be extended to prove that the action is more than a “PR stunt”.

Speaking to the Guardian, one current moderator who asked to remain anonymous because they feared for their job, said that without long-term commitments, this was a “PR stunt that will pass when they get enough of the reports that they want”.

The boycott, which was most recently joined by Britain’s Innocent Drinks, Pukka Herbs and the ready-meal company Cook, was organised from mid-June as a response to Facebook’s perceived inaction over hate speech on the site. It has since swelled to become the largest advertiser boycott in the site’s history, including household names such as Disney, Unilever and Volkswagen, but was due to finish at the end of July...
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...to-be-extended

Zuckerberg needs to start firing some moderators.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:53 PM Yesterday
I hope he's right and Biden decides to debate Trump. It's a low percentage shot, but the Dims are down to deciding which is worse. Clearly his handlers are smart enough to play it safe and use the COVID-19 hoax as their reason for keeping Joe in hiding.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:53 PM Yesterday

For doing what they've been told to do?
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:56 PM Yesterday

I feel like Zuckerberg really is trying to be apolitical in all of this as much as possible. I suspect he doesn't have a hand in the moderator hiring and firings but he may need to get more involved to weed this shit out. I cannot say the same for other sites.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
For doing what they've been told to do?

They've been told to interfere with Facebook's business relationships in an attempt to cost the company money?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I feel like Zuckerberg really is trying to be apolitical in all of this as much as possible. I suspect he doesn't have a hand in the moderator hiring and firings but he may need to get more involved to weed this shit out. I cannot say the same for other sites.
Most of these tech megacorps are only going to make cosmetic moves, at most, unless the law requires otherwise. Zuckerberg seems like the only one who's smart enough to see what such laws will bring down on the industry. He still seems willing to take half a loaf's worth of partisanship at a time, while the others are now all insisting on the whole thing all at once.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:21 PM Yesterday
They've been told to interfere with Facebook's business relationships in an attempt to cost the company money?
Unintended consequence of the prime directive to suppress all things "TRUMP!!!"
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Unintended consequence of the prime directive to suppress all things "TRUMP!!!"
And here we begin circling off the argument....

[Reply]
Bump 03:31 PM Yesterday

[Reply]
ptlyon 03:41 PM Yesterday
I doubt that was media bias, the post probably said "Because he's a fucking idiot"
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:00 PM Yesterday
How about an April Ryan collection?

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/391619/#respond
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
o rully?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:46 PM Yesterday
And here we begin circling off the argument....

I prefer he shoot them.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 145
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145 >
Up