ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 34
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:32 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Called him up yesterday. Coolest guy ever. He's going to put some solution to take up the sealer and was going to go over it with that color darker. I told him to use that color as a base and go over it with a completely darker color to give it a marble effect. He said he'll do it soon as it stops raining.

It should look nice when done.
Yeah that sounds like it will
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:43 PM 04-02-2017
Looks good man
[Reply]
lewdog 01:01 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Donezo with the gardens, and with a couple quick mods, the irrigation works exactly as planned!



Shit man, looks fantastic! Are you a gardening veteran?

One thing I learned when growing watermelon is you need a ton of space. That thing will just keep spreading!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:05 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Shit man, looks fantastic! Are you a gardening veteran?



One thing I learned when growing watermelon is you need a ton of space. That thing will just keep spreading!


Aside from herbs, total noob. Wife and I did a ton of research, though. We'll see how it goes.

Original plan was one watermelon and one cantaloupe, but could find any of the cantaloupe. Next year will order some online, and probably a different variety of watermelon - I really like sugar babies and black diamonds, but can't find those locally.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:41 PM 04-02-2017
Sod is one year old. What do I need to do this year besides water?

Would like a pre-emerge, but not interested in fertilizer. I do not have dogs.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:18 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Aside from herbs, total noob. Wife and I did a ton of research, though. We'll see how it goes.

Original plan was one watermelon and one cantaloupe, but could find any of the cantaloupe. Next year will order some online, and probably a different variety of watermelon - I really like sugar babies and black diamonds, but can't find those locally.
We wont see any melon, squash or cuke plants for at least a couple of weeks. They don't like temps below 40F and wont do much growing til the soil temp is at least 65F. From mid-April on look out, we'll have all of those and more for sale. Recommended planting dates for most of these are after May 1st here in NE Kansas.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:21 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
We wont see any melon, squash or cuke plants for at least a couple of weeks. They don't like temps below 40F and wont do much growing til the soil temp is at least 65F. From mid-April on look out, we'll have all of those and more for sale. Recommended planting dates for most of these are after May 1st here in NE Kansas.
He's in Alabama iirc.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:22 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He's in Alabama iirc.


Correct.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:32 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Sod is one year old. What do I need to do this year besides water?

Would like a pre-emerge, but not interested in fertilizer. I do not have dogs.


Um, why not fertilizer? It's a year old, treat it like the established lawn it is.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:38 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
We wont see any melon, squash or cuke plants for at least a couple of weeks. They don't like temps below 40F and wont do much growing til the soil temp is at least 65F. From mid-April on look out, we'll have all of those and more for sale. Recommended planting dates for most of these are after May 1st here in NE Kansas.

Wait, are you the owner of Smitty's in Olathe?
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:53 PM 04-02-2017
I didn't realize that's where you were FMB. How awesome to be able to plant tender crops now!

No, I don't own Smitty's in Olathe, I'm in Manhattan at Eastside Market.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:57 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Um, why not fertilizer? It's a year old, treat it like the established lawn it is.
Only if it really needs it. I was thinking less fertilizer, less work. But I have a watering system and a rider. So that blows that idea. May have to rake or get a bagger.

What is the best brand?
[Reply]
Buzz 07:12 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Only if it really needs it. I was thinking less fertilizer, less work. But I have a watering system and a rider. So that blows that idea. May have to rake or get a bagger.

What is the best brand?

I would go with goats.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:15 PM 04-02-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Donezo with the gardens, and with a couple quick mods, the irrigation works exactly as planned!



Nice..
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 06:48 AM 04-03-2017
Any sites you used for the planter and/or irrigation design?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 34
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up