ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:23 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Will try...
[Reply]
wutamess 09:39 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Will try...
Yeah. I thought about buying one it worked so well but haven't had to do heavy seeding like that since. So I figure it's like everything else that's "new and shiny". It's better to rent than to spend a ton of money on and rarely use.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:41 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Yeah. I thought about buying one it worked so well but haven't had to do heavy seeding like that since. So I figure it's like everything else that's "new and shiny". It's better to rent than to spend a ton of money on and rarely use.
You've explained marriage in a nutshell
[Reply]
wutamess 09:42 AM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You've explained marriage in a nutshell
Well played sir!... Well played!
[Reply]
Pennywise 09:51 AM 03-27-2017
This was my ride over spring break. I cleared over 350 yards of fence row.

From Sunday afternoon until Thursday night and there wasnít anyone happier in the world (Friday morning) on spring break at a beach, on a yacht, skiing, or whatever than me, not having to work on that hairy bitch.

I bought a 15 gallon sprayer and laid down some high falutin roundup so I wonít ever have to do that shit again and its like the surface of mars.

I also popped the fence and put a gate in so I can just dump my horses out late at night if I have to.
Attached: finish line.jpg (41.3 KB) sw gate.gif (236.3 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:35 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Yeah. I thought about buying one it worked so well but haven't had to do heavy seeding like that since. So I figure it's like everything else that's "new and shiny". It's better to rent than to spend a ton of money on and rarely use.
I've got a Billygoat connection, so I didn't have to rent aerators or verticutters.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:48 PM 03-27-2017
Who knows about 3 point rototillers?

I'm going to buy one soon, 5-6' to put behind a 45h tractor.
I have a 2 bottom plow and am going to add the tiller for personal use and probably till gardens and food plots for some $.

I'm interested in preferred makes/models...to offset or not to offset and shear pins or the slip clutch.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:49 PM 03-27-2017
Do you all know that dandelions, henbit (purple flower) and clover are some of the first nectar available for bees? Do you also know that some species of bees have been placed on the endangered list?
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:50 PM 03-27-2017
I'll have 3 hives going by the end of the month.
I will also be helping grab some swarms and maybe...MAYBE...some cutouts.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:05 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Acid stained concrete. Going to talk to the installers to see if we can get it darker. I'm satisfied with the look now but the Mrs. always has something else in mind.
I thought that's what it was. I agree with your mrs. darker would look better, especially with the color of the house.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:11 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Acid stained concrete. Going to talk to the installers to see if we can get it darker. I'm satisfied with the look now but the Mrs. always has something else in mind.
Man, it looks pretty right to me... But hey, if they can make it more to her liking, that's cool too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:04 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Who knows about 3 point rototillers?

I'm going to buy one soon, 5-6' to put behind a 45h tractor.
I have a 2 bottom plow and am going to add the tiller for personal use and probably till gardens and food plots for some $.

I'm interested in preferred makes/models...to offset or not to offset and shear pins or the slip clutch.
I don't have one but have run a mountain of PTO driven stuff and 3 point mounted stuff.

What are you wanting to know?
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:13 PM 03-27-2017
I am curious about makes and models ...which are reliable and tough, which if the systems I'd like better the slip clutch or sheer pins....I guess , interested in opinions on forward turn versus reverse turn tines....

Best product for price. I know land pride are made in Kansas.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:51 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Who knows about 3 point rototillers?

I'm going to buy one soon, 5-6' to put behind a 45h tractor.
I have a 2 bottom plow and am going to add the tiller for personal use and probably till gardens and food plots for some $.

I'm interested in preferred makes/models...to offset or not to offset and shear pins or the slip clutch.
I have a 6 foot reverse cut LandPride

I run it on a 4730 John Deere...about 55 HP

Its a digger but it takes time...they all do. And they wont till sod into a 8 in deep tilled patch in one pass.. It takes a while.

I like the reverse tines for food plots because it will throw rocks or old hidden stumps forward.

I typically use it in my veg garden for fall tillage only and my Try built for spring tillage dur=e to being able to run in moister soils with the old troy.

They represent tractor horsepower in my mind too low...they take serious HP when in deep cutting or clay soils...I can nearly stall mine.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I have a 6 foot reverse cut LandPride

I run it on a 4730 John Deere...about 55 HP

Its a digger but it takes time...they all do. And they wont till sod into a 8 in deep tilled patch in one pass.. It takes a while.

I like the reverse tines for food plots because it will throw rocks or old hidden stumps forward.

I typically use it in my veg garden for fall tillage only and my Try built for spring tillage dur=e to being able to run in moister soils with the old troy.

They represent tractor horsepower in my mind too low...they take serious HP when in deep cutting or clay soils...I can nearly stall mine.
Wow!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up