ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch
CarlosCarson27 08:42 PM 10-23-2020
Funny, Scarry, dumb, old,. New. Just any October horror flicks

Right now on TCM is the Blob. With Steve McQeen.1958

And after that ,1959.. THE TINGLER, with Vincent Price. Dun dun dunnnn
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:34 AM 10-26-2020
A few years ago, I finally watched the Exorcist with a friend and his adult son, all the way through.
Having never seen it mostly and the fact it was from 70s, something stood out that was hilarious.
When the mom is in the doctors office..he's sitting there in his office, smoking a cigarette!
As soon as I realized that, I laughed and cheered and fist pumped! Such a 70s moment in film!
And then we saw Young Frankenstein. :-)
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 05:37 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
A few years ago, I finally watched the Exorcist with a friend and his adult son, all the way through.
Having never seen it mostly and the fact it was from 70s, something stood out that was hilarious.
When the mom is in the doctors office..he's sitting there in his office, smoking a cigarette!
As soon as I realized that, I laughed and cheered and fist pumped! Such a 70s moment in film!
And then we saw Young Frankenstein. :-)
I still find The Excorcist creepy,esp. for how old it is,cause it seems like that could happen,for whatever reason.But yeah people smoked everywhere back in those days.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:55 PM 10-26-2020
Trick r Treat
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:44 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I still find The Excorcist creepy,esp. for how old it is,cause it seems like that could happen,for whatever reason.But yeah people smoked everywhere back in those days.
Back in the late 90's while visiting STL, got to drive by the Alexian Brothers Catholic Church where the exorcism portrayed in the movie was actually carried out

And the whole huge wing of that massive complex where it happened was still completely boarded up... like a whole city block of one huge building just totally shut down
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:29 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Back in the late 90's while visiting STL, got to drive by the Alexian Brothers Catholic Church where the exorcism portrayed in the movie was actually carried out

And the whole huge wing of that massive complex where it happened was still completely boarded up... like a whole city block of one huge building just totally shut down
Wow,i didnt even know any of that.I knew the movie was based on the book,but didnt know it was about any actual events.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:32 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Trick r Treat
I really try to get into that movie,i just have a hard time for some reason,not hating on it though. But Trick OR Treat was a movie i used to like.Havent seen it in a long time,can't even find it to watch.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:02 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
But why? What's the allure or running gag with you about it?

I don't quite know what you mean about running gag but I suppose i've talked a lot about this movie over the years. I don't know why i love it so much i just do. Its not a typical horror movie with a monster or beast or evil doers but nature vs man & random attacks without any known reason what so ever.

I sometimes look at birds that are all along a telephone wires and think are they going attack?
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:36 AM 10-27-2020
Watching Rosemary's Baby
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:55 AM 10-27-2020
In '86 Night of the Creeps came out and I saw on it HBO and it always stuck with me. Tom Atkins the main character seems to play these sort of tongue in cheek parts.

My favorite line: "I got good news and bad news girls, the good news is your dates are here, (what's the bad news), they're dead!

[Reply]
Stryker 08:43 PM 10-27-2020
Just watched Friday the 13th 2009 edition. MEH!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 10-27-2020
Watched Vampires' W/ James Woods - fun but, not scary.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:46 PM 10-27-2020
Will watch Exorcist as my Halloween selection! :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:52 PM 10-27-2020
I’ve tried to watch something about every single day of October — embracing Spooktober and all. Halloween (78) is the GOAT for me.

A really underrated one is Trick ‘r Treat (2007).
[Reply]
lcarus 10:01 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I really try to get into that movie,i just have a hard time for some reason,not hating on it though. But Trick OR Treat was a movie i used to like.Havent seen it in a long time,can't even find it to watch.
Are you talking about this one?

[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:16 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Are you talking about this one?

Yeah i was referring to a much older movie called Trick Or Treat that i used to like vs. the newer Trick R Treat.I know they are completely different movies though.Sorry for any confusion.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up