ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Willow streaming series happening on Disney+
Tribal Warfare 05:49 PM 10-20-2020

BREAKING: A Willow TV series is coming to Disney+. https://t.co/yAHi24LyT6 pic.twitter.com/Y3rJebUvX4

— IGN (@IGN) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:36 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Kilmer has had bouts with throat cancer and physically, he's a shell of what he was during his prime.

I doubt his body would hold up on a 3-6 month shoot.

And FWIW, Voice-over actors and artists make a metric **** TON of money. INSANE amounts of money.
Yea, its a shame his health let him down. He had some great later career roles in stuff like 'Kiss, Kiss, Bang Bang' and 'Spartan'

Its strange he never became a huge star, because he was really great at everything. Comedy, drama, action...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 10-21-2020
Kilmer has had bouts with throat cancer and physically, he's a shell of what he was during his prime.

And FWIW, Voice-over actors and artists make a metric FUCK TON of money. INSANE amounts of money.
All true.

I still love Kilmer. He's really shown character with his cancer battle. Gotta admire the guy.

And yes, voice-over work is BIG money. And it's not just cartoons and movies anymore, more and more Hollywood types are doing video games, which I love.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:22 AM 10-21-2020

And FWIW, Voice-over actors and artists make a metric FUCK TON of money. INSANE amounts of money.
I've been told I've got a great voice. How the hell would I get in on some of that action?

Also, thanks for the rec. I'll get Willow watched with my kids. I loved it back in the day.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:35 AM 10-21-2020
Gah, i hated that movie as a kid. HATED it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've been told I've got a great voice. How the hell would I get in on some of that action?
Generally speaking, most voice-over artists have their Bachelor's in Drama and a Master's in Fine Arts. There are some people that have had success without acting classes and college but these days, those are far and few between, unless we're talking about children, but even those kids take acting and drama classes.

Also, thanks for the rec. I'll get Willow watched with my kids. I loved it back in the day.
FYI, it's on Disney+ in 4K.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:08 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All true.

I still love Kilmer. He's really shown character with his cancer battle. Gotta admire the guy.

And yes, voice-over work is BIG money. And it's not just cartoons and movies anymore, more and more Hollywood types are doing video games, which I love.
I know a few voice actors and for me, that's the life. Most of them work from their own home studios and record in real time over internet, even pre-COVID.

I was over at Disney Animation studios a few years ago discussing scoring an upcoming series (which unfortunately, I had to pass at the time) and Mandy Moore was doing voice-overs and singing for the Tangled animated series.

Talk about a Pro's Pro. She was amazing.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:05 PM 10-21-2020
Leprechaun...Hobbit edition
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:50 PM 10-21-2020
Generally speaking, most voice-over artists have their Bachelor's in Drama and a Master's in Fine Arts. There are some people that have had success without acting classes and college but these days, those are far and few between, unless we're talking about children, but even those kids take acting and drama classes.
What, you mean my accounting degrees won't help? :-)

FYI, it's on Disney+ in 4K.
Good to know. I'll be signing back up to watch Mandalorian when it starts up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 10-21-2020
What, you mean my accounting degrees won't help? :-)
Hey, a degree in Finance hasn't stopped me from doing what I wanted in the Entertainment world, so I doubt it would stop you, if that's your passion.

Good to know. I'll be signing back up to watch Mandalorian when it starts up.
I can't ever envision a time when I don't have Disney+ because there's just much great content, especially for kids under 16 to watch, whether it's shows like Brain Games or Weird But True to the Muppets, the Disney Animation catalog, etc.

I'd never seen Weird But True until last month and my 8 year old is hooked, so we watch an episode per night. It's a really fun show because they do everything from science experiments to survival tips in Alaska, and the hosts are young and energetic.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:01 AM 10-22-2020
Hey, a degree in Finance hasn't stopped me from doing what I wanted in the Entertainment world, so I doubt it would stop you, if that's your passion.

I can't ever envision a time when I don't have Disney+ because there's just much great content, especially for kids under 16 to watch, whether it's shows like Brain Games or Weird But True to the Muppets, the Disney Animation catalog, etc.

I'd never seen Weird But True until last month and my 8 year old is hooked, so we watch an episode per night. It's a really fun show because they do everything from science experiments to survival tips in Alaska, and the hosts are young and energetic.
Both my kids spend very little time watching any shows these days, son 14 and daughter 11 (tomorrow). Both game with their friends in pretty much all their free time.

We I rotate our streaming subscriptions based on what my wife and I are interested in watching. If we clear out everything we wanted to see, I cancel the subscription until new content is out, and we've exhausted options on what we are actually watching on other subs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 10-22-2020

It's funny. My girls are 16 and 19 now.

They stopped watching "TV" years ago. My youngest' viewing consists of TikTok, Youtube, Instagram, and iFunny. Also Vine when it was a thing.

My wife and my mother-in-law drive almost 100% of our streaming consumption.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:14 PM 10-22-2020
My kids watch ZERO cable tv.

if they watch anything its Netflix or youtube. occasionally Disney+
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:29 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
My kids watch ZERO cable tv.

if they watch anything its Netflix or youtube. occasionally Disney+
Yeah, my kids don't even watch Netflix or Disney+.

They used to watch Disney Channel like 10 years ago but that's about it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:44 AM 11-14-2021
It’s happening!

https://youtu.be/CPqk9k91TEk
[Reply]
Fish 06:56 PM 05-26-2022

[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up