ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:16 AM 10-16-2020
Why havent the Chiefs signed Jeff George yet??
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:17 AM 10-16-2020
He's only here for this season. No contract issue, doesn't have to carry the team, Jones is his friend and if he becomes an issue and starts bitching then they can cut him without owing him anything. I doubt he will be a problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real. I'm glad we made the move, but it could backfire, even if we cut him when it does, it can have a negative effect on the team. My thoughts are he will be a good fit and be a model teammate this year. I would be suspect of a long term deal if I am any team if he has some success this year. I like the risk, Whitlock doesn't, but to deny their is risk is intellectually dishonest.
Wrong.

This team we're talking about is the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs.

They're run by Patrick Mahomes and are galvanized around Kelce, Reek, Clark, Tyrann, and more.

There's ZERO chance Bell has a negative impact on anything. If he causes problems, the players will ignore him and Andy will send him packing. They had issues with Shady last year and he just disappeared down the stretch while the team proceeded to go on a run and win a Super Bowl.

There is ZERO risk with this. None. This is already a fully-formed team.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 AM 10-16-2020
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real. I'm glad we made the move, but it could backfire, even if we cut him when it does, it can have a negative effect on the team. My thoughts are he will be a good fit and be a model teammate this year. I would be suspect of a long term deal if I am any team if he has some success this year. I like the risk, Whitlock doesn't, but to deny their is risk is intellectually dishonest.
Eh... I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be different if he was coming in with high expectations of getting the Chiefs on track or something like that, but he's just one more weapon and could fill a need in short yardage/goal line situations. I'd be surprised if he was able to drag down a championship caliber team that already knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl, or if the locker room allowed it to happen.

There's still a risk of him being a distraction (for whatever that's worth), right up until the moment he's cut.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
News Flash from Whitlock: Bell could be a problem in the locker room. Well......duh, that’s the obvious downside to the move.

He makes it out that we signed him to a long term deal. We can cut him at any time. No way Reid, Mahomes, Jones etc. allow him to become a locker room problem and stay on the team. No way in a million years does that happen.
Exactly.

This team is full of alphas. They're all on the same page. There's zero chance Bell is an issue. They'll just ignore him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Eh... I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be different if he was coming in with high expectations of getting the Chiefs on track or something like that, but he's just one more weapon and could fill a need in short yardage/goal line situations. I'd be surprised if he was able to drag down a championship caliber team that already knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl, or if the locker room allowed it to happen.

There's still a risk of him being a distraction (for whatever that's worth), right up until the moment he's cut.
Yup.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:27 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There is ZERO risk with this. None. This is already a fully-formed team.
Exactly.

This isn't some young team on the fringe of a playoff berth that just signed a player they think will "put them over the top".

The reigning Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs signed a very talented football player to a 1 year deal to compliment the Chiefs offense, not "save" it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:27 AM 10-16-2020
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real.
What risk?

There's no fucking risk here. This whole "Locker room cancer" thing is a bunch of trumped up bullshit.

The worst thing Bell ever did was ask to get paid. That's it. His teammates in Pitt got salty because they wanted him on the field. WTF does that have to do with being a locker room disrupter?

Not being there does not make him a disruptor.

In NY, his goddamn HC had been sending out smoke that he didn't want him before they even hit TC. Gimmie a break with this shit.

There's ZERO, 0, Zilch, NADA evidence of him being a bad team mate or locker room cancer.

False narrative. 110%.

And even if he were, where's the risk? The Jets are fucking paying him, not us. He's a 10 game rental. The Chiefs could cut his ass and there'd be no repercussions.

Where's the risk? You really think he's going into the Chief's locker room and then all of a sudden Pat Mahomes is going to start wearing his hat backwards or some shit? The players are going to go into party mode or something? Everyone's gonna be like, "Fuck it, Bell isn't staying late so i won't either"?

I don't get you people. I really don't.

WTF are ya'll talking about?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:28 AM 10-16-2020
This looks like a Fantasy Football or Pro Bowl Roster:

Patrick Mahomes
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Le’Veon Bell
Travis Kelce
Tyreek Hill
Sammy Watkins
Mecole Hardman
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:29 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This is Perfect.

The answer is very simple, Jason. If Bell doesn't fall in-line in the locker room, we'll cut his ass faster than he can turn around. We have no financial skin in this game. It's a one year prove it deal to the rest of the league, so he has strong motivation to perform and get another big contract in FA.

Dumb article.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:30 AM 10-16-2020
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. The risk is real.

No, it's not. The Chiefs can cut him at any time. He's playing on a pro-rated 1 year deal and the cap hit will be negligible.

I have no idea why anyone reads or links his bullshit articles because Whitlock is the epitome of a buttfucking moron.

The guy is a fraud.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:32 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
This is Perfect.

The answer is very simple, Jason. If Bell doesn't fall in-line in the locker room, we'll cut his ass faster than he can turn around. We have no financial skin in this game. It's a one year prove it deal to the rest of the league, so he has strong motivation to perform and get another big contract in FA.

Dumb article.
The Chiefs cut their best drafted running back in Franchise History.

But they wouldn't cut Bell if he becomes a distraction?

[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:33 AM 10-16-2020
Death row? He was already with the Jets.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:35 AM 10-16-2020
If money is his priority, then he'll want to attract a robust, multi-year deal in the offseason. The last time he was playing for a contract, he balled.

If he goes full-on diva moron, he'll get cut, and likely cost himself millions next year.

I think he'll play nice for us because it's in his best interest. Good luck to the next team that signs him, though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:37 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have no idea why anyone reads or links his bullshit articles because Whitlock is the epitome of a buttfucking moron.
Why would Clay ever do such a thing... :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up