ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz may have fallen off a cliff
dlphg9 09:39 AM 10-13-2020
I love Mitchell Schwartz and I love how good he has been for this team for the last several years, but so far it seems being on the wrong side of 30 may have caught up to him. I didn't get to watch much of the Raiders game, so I checked out the All-22 and just finished the 1st quarter and Schwartz is getting his ass kicked more often than not.

I think he may have lost a step or 2 since last year, because the pass rusher is just blowing right around him and he doesn't seem quick enough in his drop step to get in front of and engage the pass rusher (This isn't about Patrick Mahomes dropping too far back in the zone). Schwartz just isn't playing anywhere near as good as he should.

Maybe he is injured or he's trying to do too much because of the inefficiency of the middle of the line, but it's a bad sign. If I could remember how to embed I would post gifs of what I was talking about.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:06 PM 10-14-2020
Yip

As soon as Mahomes saw that defender hit the corner. He was out. There was room to step up in the pocket to buy a couple seconds for the routes. #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/NhaMLJNPZM

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 13, 2020

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:09 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yip

Seeing Schwartz get beat so cleanly is fucking weird and I don’t like it
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:10 PM 10-14-2020
Yip

I would bet money that Schwartz hurt his right lower leg/ankle sometime before this snap. He's carrying it like he didn't want to put much pressure on it right after the snap, and then when he engages he tries to turn off his left leg, not his right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I would bet money that Schwartz hurt his right lower leg/ankle sometime before this snap. He's carrying it like he didn't want to put much pressure on it right after the snap, and then when he engages he tries to turn off his left leg, not his right.
Absolutely looks like he's limping.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:18 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Seeing Schwartz get beat so cleanly is ****ing weird and I don’t like it
If a DE it turning the corner 10 yards behind the LOS he should be washed out of the play
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 PM 10-14-2020
If a DE it turning the corner 10 yards behind the LOS he should be washed out of the play
The problem is that Mahomes is looking up the left hash and all he can see is Fisher getting beat to the inside. Yeah, there's space for him to step up to his right but he can't see it because Fisher is getting pushed back into the pocket.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:20 PM 10-14-2020
Yeah, something was definitely wrong with his right leg. He did everything he could to keep weight off it on that snap.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:54 AM 10-15-2020
Here is what happens on that play

Schwartz gets beat badly on that play. Immediately after Schwartz engages the defender, the defender smacks his hands off of him. Schwartz tries to re-engage, but it's too late and Schwartz was too slow, so he can't get in front of the DE. No way Mahomes is stepping up into that pocket because Fisher is being handled and was being drove back towards Mahomes and he sees the safety that is spying him so that he doesn't try to take off up the middle.

It's a good thing that Mahomes runs the way he does, because if he steps up into the pocket and Fisher keeps his guy from getting him, then he is more than likely going to get destroyed by the guy that beat Schwartz because he is bending around Schwartz and as you can see Schwartz is trying to push him out of the play, but when an O lineman looks like Schwartz does in this last pic there is literally nothing he can do. Schwartz is off balance and can't recover before the end gets around him.

On a side note it does look like Schwartz is favoring that R ankle and is having a tough time putting weight on it. Especially during this play.
[Reply]
alanm 01:33 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Mitchell Schwartz is not a guy that I am worried about on the offensive line.
Yeah.. He's the last guy on the Oline that I'm worried about.
[Reply]
alanm 01:40 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I haven't seen a fanbase flip it's shit so bad on a regular season loss in a long time.
We won the super bowl after losing multiple games last year.

Chiefs fans, please don't turn into Pats fans. Spoiled little shits.
(Not so much CP... more in twitter/Facebook)
No shit. There's quite a few on here who think the Chiefs should never lose a game as long as Mahomes is the QB. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:44 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Yeah.. He's the last guy on the Oline that I'm worried about.
So you don't think a potential ankle injury is something to worry about?

He hasn't played up to his usual standards. That's concerning when you consider he plays next to, and has to account for, the weakest link on the offensive line.
[Reply]
alanm 08:20 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So you don't think a potential ankle injury is something to worry about?

He hasn't played up to his usual standards. That's concerning when you consider he plays next to, and has to account for, the weakest link on the offensive line.
If he had a high ankle sprain I seriously doubt he'd even be suiting up. He may have had someone roll up on him. But he's got to be getting serious rest the way these games have been spaced out so far. I thought his talent was being called in to question.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:07 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I haven't seen a fanbase flip it's shit so bad on a regular season loss in a long time.
We won the super bowl after losing multiple games last year.

Chiefs fans, please don't turn into Pats fans. Spoiled little shits.
(Not so much CP... more in twitter/Facebook)
No shit. There's quite a few on here who think the Chiefs should never lose a game as long as Mahomes is the QB. :-)
That's not it, there is a legit problem with Schwartz. There is a big problem with our Oline as a whole. Until our offensive line gets it's shit together we will be inconsistent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 10-15-2020
If he had a high ankle sprain I seriously doubt he'd even be suiting up. He may have had someone roll up on him. But he's got to be getting serious rest the way these games have been spaced out so far. I thought his talent was being called in to question.
No, definitely not anything to do with his talent.

He went to the sideline against LV and had his ankle taped. He's almost certainly injured in some way.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:16 PM 10-15-2020
So Mitch hasn't "fallen off a cliff," he's just dinged up.

End thread.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up