ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 63
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:46 PM 10-19-2020
Hope that Ravens helmet is just your urinal.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:49 PM 10-19-2020
A few months ago, I did a ton of research and finally grabbed one of these. Everything I read pointed to this being the best bang for the buck:

https://www.vizio.com/tvs/px75g1.html
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:52 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I find the more I do it, the less time I need. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes is good for you, that's about all that I spend but I also don't go everyday anymore. Maybe 4 or 5 days a week.
I'll try 10, but prolly not at full inversion, I'll try 40 degrees and see how that feels, then 60 degrees.

Thanks for the advice and tips..
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:56 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This

Put one in the garage, and holy shit. Literally night and day difference. I should get one for the basement as well.
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Can't recall who recommended this, or one similar, in the Prime thread but I bought one today. Looking forward to being able to see what I'm doing in the garage this winter.
I recommended these in the prime thread. They were super cheap those few days, not that they are that expensive anyways. About the same cost as LED shop lights if not cheaper, but without the hassle of running cords. I can’t recommend them enough for any unfinished space.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10-19-2020, 12:58 PM
This message has been deleted by gblowfish.
DeepPurple 01:39 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hope that Ravens helmet is just your urinal.
I almost didn't post the photo because I knew that would get some grief. However, I bought helmet in 2001 when they won SB XXXV, so I've had it a long time. Can I help that I was born in Baltimore, however I live in Florida now which is actually where I grew up.

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
All my audio stuff in the living room is Polk, 7 channel surround. Bedroom is 5-channel, uses Infinity Primus and Polk bookshelf speakers for fill. Awesome. Amps are both Denon, used to have Yamaha but I've come to like Denon better.
My Sony amp is only 5.1 but since I only really turn it up when we're watching youtube videos, most of the stuff on there you're lucky to get any kind of surround. That's what I like about my amp, it can simulate surround and add about 20 different audio choices. I consider upgrading to a Denon or something similar since my amp is about 20 years old but it really serves the purpose. I found Polk makes decent stuff at a fair price when it comes to speakers.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:45 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A few months ago, I did a ton of research and finally grabbed one of these. Everything I read pointed to this being the best bang for the buck:

https://www.vizio.com/tvs/px75g1.html
I have a 60" Vizio in the BR that I bought in 2012 and it's still going strong. The only bad thing when there that old is the app, but a ROKU takes care of that. My 2017 75" Samsung shown in the other photo I already had to replace the power board which was $175 plus labor.

I think when this Samsung gives out next time I'm not fixing it, going with another Vizio 75" or LG. I've got all LG appliances in the kitchen and W/D in the garage and they work great and I've heard good things about their TV's.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:48 PM 10-19-2020
I almost didn't post the photo because I knew that would get some grief. However, I bought helmet in 2001 when they won SB XXXV, so I've had it a long time. Can I help that I was born in Baltimore, however I live in Florida now which is actually where I grew up.

My Sony amp is only 5.1 but since I only really turn it up when we're watching youtube videos, most of the stuff on there you're lucky to get any kind of surround. That's what I like about my amp, it can simulate surround and add about 20 different audio choices. I consider upgrading to a Denon or something similar since my amp is about 20 years old but it really serves the purpose. I found Polk makes decent stuff at a fair price when it comes to speakers.
Do you folks who still keep audio components ever think about moving to a Sonos-type system or nah?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:52 PM 10-19-2020
All this surround sound setups, am I the only one that used their stereo system and converted to the TV watching, in my case I watch a lot of live concerts from youtube. I have 2 Sansui Speakers S 117 speakers and 2 Sansui Speakers S 917 for the rear.

Front channel

Rear channel

I added a Polk Audio center channel and Polk Sub-woofer.

Hook it up to a 75" Samsung 4K TV and my Sony amp which had about 20 audio choices and it's a fantastic theater experience and will blow you out of the room if you're not careful.

I have a Sonos system in my living room but am wanting to do some components in my basement.

Mind if I ask what kind of power you're supplying?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:02 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have a Sonos system in my living room but am wanting to do some components in my basement.

Mind if I ask what kind of power you're supplying?
I have a Sony DG 720 I bought in early 2000s for $200 at Best Buy. They've been discontinued but I think I got a lot of bang for buck. It put out 95 watts to each speaker up to 7 speakers. I never turn it above volume 40 which is less than half. In a masonry house with all the doors and windows closed, I can stand in the backyard and it will sound like a radio is on in the backyard from inside the house. It has all the power I need.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-CWwca9...STR-DG720.html
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:07 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do you folks who still keep audio components ever think about moving to a Sonos-type system or nah?
Probably if I lived in a bigger home and used the stereo strictly for music. When I retired to my villa in 2011 I got rid of 4,000 albums and my turntable and now it's live video is all I care to watch and listen. I feel the need to see it as well as hear it. What would do with all this stereo equipment in front of my lounge chairs.

[Reply]
vailpass 02:09 PM 10-19-2020
Probably if I lived in a bigger home and used the stereo strictly for music. When I retired to my villa in 2011 I got rid of 4,000 albums and my turntable and now it's live video is all I care to watch and listen. I feel the need to see it as well as hear it. What would do with all this stereo equipment in front of my lounge chairs.

:-) Looks good.
4,000 albums? Wow. How many did you keep?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:13 PM 10-19-2020

I like your rug, I would like to copy that.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:07 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) Looks good.
4,000 albums? Wow. How many did you keep?
Don't have any, don't even have a turntable and I use to have two. The prices I see at Barnes & Nobles makes me wish I still have some, but who knew vinyl would come back.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:12 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like your rug, I would like to copy that.
Thanks, I just bought 4 area rugs from Amazon because we had wood floors installed in August. This was a 7'10 X 10'2" and was only $121 with free shipping, it was available in about ten sizes, see the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:23 PM 10-19-2020

Mildly interesting story, I bought a pair of similar looking tower speakers ~20 years ago in KC after a friend bought a pair out of some guy's truck who was driving around asking random people if they wanted to buy speakers. Apparently they had a warehouse of them, minus a marketing strategy to reach customers.

They still work great and will shake the house at high volume.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 35 of 63
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up