ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 63
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:13 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I absolutely love these Sony wireless noise cancelling headphones have had them for about 2 years. Comfortable with amazing sound. Wireless is easy to manage and battery last forever.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/hea...nes/wh-1000xm3

I had Sony and Bose both and preferred the Sony.

However, I ended up with Plantronics. Noise canceling isn't quite as good but they support AptX LL, which for my setup is a must.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:15 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I had Sony and Bose both and preferred the Sony.

However, I ended up with Plantronics. Noise canceling isn't quite as good but they support AptX LL, which for my setup is a must.
Not familiar...what does that bring to the table and what about how you use it make it ideal?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:25 PM 10-15-2020
Not familiar...what does that bring to the table and what about how you use it make it ideal?
Normal bluetooth audio latency is around 224-240ms.

Tolerance for live TV is about 40-60ms. Anything beyond that and the naked eye/ear will see the delay.

AptX LL has more bandwidth for high quality audio at significantly lower latencies. We're talking 32-40ms or 6 times faster than normal bluetooth.

In my setup, I have both a TV and a PS4, neither of which support Bluetooth. There's plenty of headphones available for PS4 and Xbox but none of them support noise cancelling and in my environment NC is an absolute must.

It's easy enough to hookup a Bluetooth dongle to the TV via optical but then you have that latency. Watching live TV or playing games is impossible because of the delay. That's where AptX LL comes in. I got an Aventree AptX adapter, hooked it up to my TV via optical, and everything just works.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:27 PM 10-15-2020

Tolerance for live TV is about 40-60ms. Anything beyond that and the naked eye/ear will see the delay.

AptX LL has more bandwidth for high quality audio at significantly lower latencies. We're talking 32-40ms or 6 times faster than normal bluetooth.

In my setup, I have both a TV and a PS4, neither of which support Bluetooth. There's plenty of headphones available for PS4 and Xbox but none of them support noise cancelling and in my environment NC is an absolute must.

It's easy enough to hookup a Bluetooth dongle to the TV via optical but then you have that latency. Watching live TV or playing games is impossible because of the delay. That's where AptX LL comes in. I got an Aventree AptX adapter, hooked it up to my TV via optical, and everything just works.
That is pretty great. I would like to be able to throw my headphones on for TV but it has always seemed harder than it has to be or the tech not quite being there. I will have to look into this.
[Reply]
eDave 07:31 PM 10-15-2020

Fucking rad man. Right behind my distain for the soap opera look is sound latency. It's like a gall darned Godzilla movie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:41 PM 10-15-2020
That is pretty great. I would like to be able to throw my headphones on for TV but it has always seemed harder than it has to be or the tech not quite being there. I will have to look into this.
The Bluetooth adapters are numerous and cheap. Aventree is one of the highest-rated out there and I paid $20 for it. It supports normal headphone jack and optical.

The real trick is finding a good pair of headphones that support both AptX LL AND noise canceling. After probably a month of research, I settled on Plantronics. They're a trusted brand, especially in my industry, and I'm pretty pleased.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:49 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by 64 Chief:
In 1982 I purchased a 1972 Ferrari Dino GT for $20,000. favorite car ever.
In 1983 was divorced and lost the car. Still crying about the car. To replace today would cost over $400,000.
I wish I had seen something like that, in '83 I bought an '81 Corvette for $13,000 and sold it two years later for $11,000.

When looking for the Vette, I remember looking at the Pontiac Fiero because it looked good on the outside but it turned out to be a real dog. I sat in the car and the console between the seats was a big square hump. I said, what's in there, the salesman said, Oh that's where the fuel tank is, I got right out and moved on to something else. Here's what they looked like.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:54 AM 10-18-2020
Love these. The gym is even more enjoyable now.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...:1,prmr:1,cs:1
[Reply]
stumppy 06:42 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I wish I had seen something like that, in '83 I bought an '81 Corvette for $13,000 and sold it two years later for $11,000.

When looking for the Vette, I remember looking at the Pontiac Fiero because it looked good on the outside but it turned out to be a real dog. I sat in the car and the console between the seats was a big square hump. I said, what's in there, the salesman said, Oh that's where the fuel tank is, I got right out and moved on to something else. Here's what they looked like.

Ah yes, who could forget the Pontiac Fiasco.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:37 AM 10-18-2020
We just had our kitchen counters and cabinets refinished. Looks like a whole new kitchen for pretty damn cheap. I'll try to post picture later. I would highly recommend this if you don't want the cost of replacing everything.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:47 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We just had out kitchen counters and cabinets refinished. Looks like a whole new kitchen for pretty damn cheap. I'll try to post picture later. I would highly recommend this if you don't want to cost of replacing everything.
I did the DIY version of that a few years back. Just paint on the cabinets (though I did a TON of research into how to do it well). We did Rustoleum's Countertop Transformations for the countertops, and it's held up surprisingly well. We're at 5.5 years now, and the only issue I've run into is that it doesn't stick to 90-degree corners very well, so I've had to touch it up a few times with a black paint pen. Still, this whole project cost me about $400 (not including appliances obviously), so hard to complain after 5 years.

Before:

After:

[Reply]
lewdog 08:22 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I did the DIY version of that a few years back. Just paint on the cabinets (though I did a TON of research into how to do it well). We did Rustoleum's Countertop Transformations for the countertops, and it's held up surprisingly well. We're at 5.5 years now, and the only issue I've run into is that it doesn't stick to 90-degree corners very well, so I've had to touch it up a few times with a black paint pen. Still, this whole project cost me about $400 (not including appliances obviously), so hard to complain after 5 years.

Before:

After:
Glad to hear it's held up well. That's encouraging!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 AM 10-18-2020

[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:37 AM 10-18-2020
We just had our kitchen counters and cabinets refinished. Looks like a whole new kitchen for pretty damn cheap. I'll try to post picture later. I would highly recommend this if you don't want the cost of replacing everything.
What did you use? We're thinking about doing our cabinets and countertops
[Reply]
DaFace 08:41 AM 10-18-2020
Glad to hear it's held up well. That's encouraging!
Yeah, for sure. To clarify on the problem area, it's just that cut corner across from the fridge. We tend to rub on that a lot when we're cooking, so it takes a lot of abuse. All of the rounded edges have been fine.

Glad your project turned out well!
[Reply]
Page 32 of 63
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up