ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Direckshun 03:39 PM 10-09-2020
Responding to Baby Lee here:

Originally Posted by :
Or comport yourself in a non-cesspool way, and see if your example inspires others.

The things that bother you don't bother me, and the things that bother me don't bother you [and I don't complain about].

I don't complain, but as here I push back with my own perspective when others complain. And when I feel compelled to 'complain' it's directly to the offending party at the time and place of offense with concrete reasons, . . . not 'it's all a cesspool filled with nazis' which is undiscussable, undisprovable, and inflammatory.

'Heightened moderation' just invites more 'vitriol' about what decisions are made, and further likely promotes more passive-aggression and people being assholes in more elaborate, mod-proof ways in rebellion.
1. People going out of their way to mask their horrendousness is better than being blatantly horrendous.

2. I don't really care about people pouting that they've been removed from a thread after threatening or constantly insulting people. Pout away.
cosmo20002 03:40 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Been out tonight. What'd I miss?!
babbly lee thinks the biggest problem with DC are george blowfish threads.
Baby Lee 03:45 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
babbly lee thinks the biggest problem with DC are george blowfish threads.
No, 'A' big problem is mock piety and condemnation from George, when he's a happy participant. This isn't hard.

Another problem is people of no worth and no contribution stalking others and garbling their positions through as murky of likely stupidity and possible malice, but I have broad shoulders and have no complaints. Just don't trip me up yapping my heels, what is it, going on a decade now?
eDave 03:52 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
:-)
lewdog is the worst offender, by far.
Merde Furieux 03:55 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
lewdog is the worst offender, by far.
Yeah, you missed the point. It really had nothing to do with him specifically but, yeah. just forget it.
Megatron96 04:02 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.
Good start, IMO.

If I were king (which I absolutely do not want to be, JFYI), I would amend the above slightly:

Just 2 warnings/thread bans, then a one week CP suspension, meaning they can't log on at all for 7 days. Then a one week DC-only vacation before getting full privileges back.

An additional infraction after that, and it's one thread ban, then a two week forum vaca, followed by two weeks in DC-jail, and so on.

After a third infraction, it's perma-ban, or RR-only for 12 months.

But like I said, I'm not king of CP; just blue-skying until a new post goes up in the 'Mahomes blames himself for Chiefs offensive issues' thread.
DaneMcCloud 04:02 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Says the guy who just this week called Whitlock an Uncle Tom :-)

In the main lounge no less.
You're fucking moron that is absolutely CLUELESS about Nielsen ratings yet caused that thread to be moved to the DC with your fucking bullshit links to Fox News.

You're also in that group that constantly brings politics in the Lounge.

And Whitlock is a fucking fraud, whose career has been relegated to that of a fucking podcast, yet you can't figure out that he's pandering to your demographic because that's his only alternative due to the fact that he's burned every bridge from Kansas City to New York to LA and back.

There isn't a sports network in this country that would hire his dumbass after being fired by ESPN and, LOL, Fox Sports 1.
cosmo20002 04:02 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I never bring politics to the Lounge unless it’s by mistake. I can’t count the number of times my football (or otherwise nonpolitical) posts are met with “why don’t you just go back to DC”. There’s a lot of mental weakness in the Lounge and that seems to include some of the moderators.
I posted a helpful, informative comment about a movie in the Media section the other day and vailpass told me to go away and he called me a turd.

It was very upsetting.
Merde Furieux 04:05 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Another problem is people of no worth and no contribution stalking others and garbling their positions through as murky of likely stupidity and possible malice
That describes:

AdoltOliverBush, Cosmos, Cosmos20002, loneiquana, rodeopants and 4 or 5 other trolls.

I know it will never happen, but I would love it if every right of center poster refrained from posting for a few days or a week, and left the board to the trolls and all the other deep thinkers that post all day long like detoxying, ninerdoug, lost cause, donger, NJchiefsfan, oaklandhater et al

and Zach, Pitt Gorilla and Direkshun can join them with blissful enthusiam because finally--- FINALLY--- the DC Forum will no longer be a cesspool.

I would love to see what that board would look like after a week.

It would probably be a ghost town. The daily post count for every single username I mentioned would drop to 5%-10% of what their daily post count was while we deplorables were there.

Hell, half of them would just stop posting completely because they have no ankles to bite all day.
notorious 04:05 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Go ahead and Jack away

No need to jack.

Hands free.
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I never bring politics to the Lounge unless it’s by mistake. I can’t count the number of times my football (or otherwise nonpolitical) posts are met with “why don’t you just go back to DC”. There’s a lot of mental weakness in the Lounge and that seems to include some of the moderators.
Well, first off, it's because you're dumb as fuck in regards to NFL football, followed by the fact that you're partisan hack that can't stop posting political horseshit wherever you go.

Oh, and the fact that you're dishonorable fucking liar.

LIAR

LiveSteam 04:16 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Interesting and entertaining like watching a completely batshit crazy person go nuts on the street corner.
Aren't you the one who rounded up a bunch of online leftwing gambling buddies and had them all make accounts here to troll DC and the lounge.

Your ass should of been kicked to the curb for it.
Easy 6 04:25 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, first off, it's because you're dumb as fuck in regards to NFL football, followed by the fact that you're partisan hack that can't stop posting political horseshit wherever you go.

Oh, and the fact that you're dishonorable fucking liar.

LIAR
Your personal beef with him aside, patteeu is absolutely not dishonorable

In my 14 years here, I've quite literally never once seen him go on some profane, wild eyed rant like myself and many many others have... he strongly supports his opinions, but is never ever crude in any way about it

We don't always agree, but he is an excellent statesman that EITHER side of the aisle would be proud to have representing them

He is goaded into ugly fights all the time, and hasn't taken the bait in my 14 years here... drop this beef dude, and lets all take a long deep breath
SuperChief 04:36 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
That's fine. There will come a day when people wake up to things like MK Ultra - stuff that most people simply dismiss. I don't dismiss it. I listen to the victims who have spoken out. Their stories are outrageous. Unbelievable in many cases. Nevertheless, where there is smoke there is fire. It doesn't bother me that people who have never explored the accounts of these victims think someone who has is "crazy." We're people, and we judge like that. I likewise have my own judgements about people who refuse to look at the evidence around them.

There is a bigger picture that you're not going to see on CNN. You're just not.
You don't say?
Taco John 04:39 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
A guy I used to work with seemed like a reasonably sane guy, albeit with some personality quirks. He was let go a few years ago, and we recently learned that he has an "end times" (e.g., book of Revelation) blog where he outlines all of the signs that the world is coming to an end. Each "article" will probably require you 2-3 hours to read. It's impressive in an insane way.

I can't help but picture that guy when I read TJ's posts. Granted, they're crazy in a completely different way.
I don't think the world is coming to an end. Just the opposite. I believe we're headed for a golden age.
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Up