ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 1207
« First < 384445464748 4950515258981485481048 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Predarat 02:38 PM 12-08-2015
OK so if you cook Roast in a crock pot instead of a conventional oven is it really a Roast?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:40 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Predarat:
OK so if you cook Roast in a crock pot instead of a conventional oven is it really a Roast?
Considering most roasts are actually baked, I think you're treading down a slippery slope here.
[Reply]
Predarat 02:42 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Considering most roasts are actually baked, I think you're treading down a slippery slope here.
Actually good, I like to argue that it is Roast. Just seems to come out juicer that way,
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:46 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
If BEP's food is merely half as good as it looks , I would sit next to Bufkin,'s "friend" with large hands and across from BlackBob to eat that food.

Seriously though I doubt anyone of the characters on this board would be that hard to have a meal with BEP is entertaining and interesting so its a no brainer yes....even though I disagree with her on a few things...
Every single person I've met from this board IRL has been top notch. I mean that.

Besides that, I've broken bread (and beer) with Dave Lane, so I just as well dine with both ends of the DC spectrum. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:48 PM 12-08-2015
Marinara poached eggs.

[Reply]
srvy 06:30 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Thanks for the lead.

If you see a giant cauldron in cast iron somewhere let me know. I need something like that too. :-)
When i was a kid Mom had to have one for a flower planter. Damn thing must have weighed 500 lbs. Dad got it at the steel company in KC. Dad welded a frame me and my brother dug post holes then set the frame in concrete. We suspended it on the frame with chains then painted it flat black. All on mothers day weekend. Sis got the flowers we filled with soil. Mom has cherished that sucker for over 40 years. It made one transfer to their last home.

I dont know where to find one as most the still mills have gone the way of the dinosaur in the US. Maybe estate sale or wrought iron fabricator they do a lot of decorative stuff. I will keep an eye out i get all over this country. Taking land from rightful owners for pipelines
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:02 PM 12-08-2015
Marinara poached eggs.

How was that? Did the egg get cooked through or was it still yolkey?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:08 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Still yolkey. It was OK. I think my wife will like it better than I did. I always see these things and think it sounds great, forgetting that I'm not a huge egg fan, and especially poached eggs. Easy and fast, though.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:10 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I thought it was an odd combination but would give it a try. If it was good, might have to go back for 3rds as that looked to be an appetizer.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:13 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I thought it was an odd combination but would give it a try. If it was good, might have to go back for 3rds as that looked to be an appetizer.

The flavor was fine, but it was yolkey eggs. I'm not opposed to runny yolks - I've had dishes I really like with runny yolks. But generally I like over hard.

It wasn't huge, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:24 PM 12-08-2015
FMB, you said you did fried rice, assuming Chinese style? What's the trick, tried making take out style and can't even come close. Went with long grain and cooked the day before, then fried, still turned out like mush and none of the taste.
[Reply]
srvy 07:27 PM 12-08-2015
FMB, you said you did fried rice, assuming Chinese style? What's the trick, tried making take out style and can't even come close. Went with long grain and cooked the day before, then fried, still turned out like mush and none of the taste.
Did you mix in a little dog and cat meat :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:32 PM 12-08-2015

Screaming hot pan, first and foremost.

So here's what I do. Get the pan hot, high smoke point oil. Quickly fry onion, ginger, and chile flakes. Add any veg you're going to use. I like snap peas particularly well. Add garlic for just a few seconds, then rice. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce and toss. Finish with cashews and mirin or lemon juice.

If you're going to do egg or meat, do it first and set aside, add at the end.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:34 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Did you mix in a little dog and cat meat :-)
Can't say I have seen that at Aldi or Hy-Vee?
[Reply]
Buzz 07:37 PM 12-08-2015
Screaming hot pan, first and foremost.

So here's what I do. Get the pan hot, high smoke point oil. Quickly fry onion, ginger, and chile flakes. Add any veg you're going to use. I like snap peas particularly well. Add garlic for just a few seconds, then rice. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce and toss. Finish with cashews and mirin or lemon juice.

If you're going to do egg or meat, do it first and set aside, add at the end.
Can you come over and show me that?
[Reply]
Page 48 of 1207
« First < 384445464748 4950515258981485481048 > Last »
Up