ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 1203
« First < 3539399100101102103 1041051061071131532036031103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
cdcox 10:03 PM 02-15-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Halibut fish and chips. OMG. I'm in heaven.
No mushy peas?
[Reply]
Buzz 11:01 PM 02-15-2016
Cheeseburger and a bowl of chili.
Attached: 000_0005.jpg (94.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:15 AM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Cheeseburger and a bowl of chili.

You're getting really good at fancying up the presentation of Sonic and Hormel!

:-)
[Reply]
tooge 08:29 AM 02-16-2016
Meals I made the past two nights.
1. Gumbo. I like a shit ton of okra in my gumbo, my wife doesn't. She puts all hers in my bowl. Served it over some rice.

2. Roasted parmesian cauliflower "steaks" covered with a ragout of onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms (fresh basil/garlic and olive oil).

Was damned good.
Attached: IMG_1426.JPG (120.9 KB) IMG_1440.JPG (130.2 KB) IMG_1442.JPG (126.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Buzz 06:56 PM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You're getting really good at fancying up the presentation of Sonic and Hormel!

I should have focused that pic more on the Sonic burger, it was the best burger I have had in a while. I did manage to completely smoke up the house getting a good crust on it, middle was just slightly pink and perfect. I had the window open and ceiling fan on trying to air the house out last night, I could still smell it when I got home from work tonight.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:04 PM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I should have focused that pic more on the Sonic burger, it was the best burger I have had in a while. I did manage to completely smoke up the house getting a good crust on it, middle was just slightly pink and perfect. I had the window open and ceiling fan on trying to air the house out last night, I could still smell it when I got home from work tonight.

That's how it's done! Wife hates it when I smoke up the house, but damn it, I insist on a good crust.

[Reply]
Buzz 07:14 PM 02-16-2016
Wife went to Texas for 2 weeks and she doesn't bitch too much when I do. I always wonder if I smell like food when I go to work from lingering cooking smells in the house.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:22 AM 02-17-2016
Anyone seen and/or tried AB's new "thermal shock" method for steak?

http://altonbrown.com/thermal-shock-...-steak-recipe/

Thinking about trying it with my Baking Steel.
[Reply]
srvy 11:49 AM 02-17-2016
Well I am now in possession of an electric pressure cooker. It started as a present for my Mom then back to sister and last night delivered to me. Sister got it working and she said it does fine but she is retired and only one in her house doesn't want the clutter or portions. Its a Cuisinart CPC 600 and this is its last stand before a trip to the thrift store.

Looking over the recipe booklet nothing really stands out and much doesn't really sound that time saving. I have some some bone in chicken leg and thigh 1/4 defrosted but didn't really see any recipe that jumped out they may hit the weber. May pick up some stew meat and give that a go tomorrow.

Definatly open to input what would be a good 1st try. Country style ribs is an option but I live in KC so I can do better than in a pressure cooker.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:00 PM 02-17-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Well I am now in possession of an electric pressure cooker. It started as a present for my Mom then back to sister and last night delivered to me. Sister got it working and she said it does fine but she is retired and only one in her house doesn't want the clutter or portions. Its a Cuisinart CPC 600 and this is its last stand before a trip to the thrift store.

Looking over the recipe booklet nothing really stands out and much doesn't really sound that time saving. I have some some bone in chicken leg and thigh 1/4 defrosted but didn't really see any recipe that jumped out they may hit the weber. May pick up some stew meat and give that a go tomorrow.

Definatly open to input what would be a good 1st try. Country style ribs is an option but I live in KC so I can do better than in a pressure cooker.
Toss the included book. What do you like? I'll find you something. I've been pressure cooking for a bunch of years and have lots of PC resources.

One note, if you're using an electric, you'll want to increase traditional PC recipes by 10 percent.
[Reply]
srvy 12:09 PM 02-17-2016
Toss the included book. What do you like? I'll find you something. I've been pressure cooking for a bunch of years and have lots of PC resources.

One note, if you're using an electric, you'll want to increase traditional PC recipes by 10 percent.
I like about anything but finicky kids turn the nose up at everything not chicken.

A one pot chicken breast recipe would go over well as long as no peanuts. My daughter isn't alergic but hates and can smell it a mile away lol.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:17 PM 02-17-2016
I like about anything but finicky kids turn the nose up at everything not chicken.

A one pot chicken breast recipe would go over well as long as no peanuts. My daughter isn't alergic but hates and can smell it a mile away lol.
I can get you more when I get home, but this one's good. Do they like dark meat, or just breasts?

Originally Posted by :
Pressure-Cooker Easy Chicken and Rice

4(12-ounce) bone-in split chicken breasts, trimmed
Salt and pepper
1tablespoon vegetable oil
3 carrots, peeled and cut into ˝-inch pieces
1 onion, chopped fine
1 ˝cups long-grain white rice
4 garlic cloves, minced
2cups low-sodium chicken broth
1cup frozen peas
3tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2teaspoons lime juice

1. BUILD FLAVOR: Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in pressure-cooker pot over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown chicken, skin side down, until golden, about 6 minutes; transfer to plate.

2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat left in pot. Add carrots, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth. Using wooden spoon, scrape up all browned bits stuck on bottom of pot and brush any rice off sides of pot. Nestle chicken, skin side up, firmly into rice.

3. HIGH PRESSURE FOR 15 MINUTES: Lock pressure-cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. As soon as pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain high pressure.

4. QUICK RELEASE PRESSURE: Remove pot from heat. Quick release pressure, then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.

5. BEFORE SERVING: Transfer chicken to serving dish and tent loosely with aluminum foil while finishing rice. Sprinkle peas, parsley, and lemon juice over rice, cover, and let stand until for 5 minutes. Fluff rice gently with fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chicken.

[Reply]
srvy 12:33 PM 02-17-2016
I can get you more when I get home, but this one's good. Do they like dark meat, or just breasts?
Dark also they eat legs and thighs fine.

TY I am gonna try that one tomarrow
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:38 PM 02-17-2016
Dark also they eat legs and thighs fine.

TY I am gonna try that one tomarrow
NP. Be sure to get bone-in. It'll help protect the breast meat from becoming dry.

If you cook a lot at home, the best thing the pressure cooker does, IMO, is stock. Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, ham, veggie... make a shitload, freeze on 1-2 c. portions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 02-17-2016
Anyone seen and/or tried AB's new "thermal shock" method for steak?

http://altonbrown.com/thermal-shock-...-steak-recipe/

Thinking about trying it with my Baking Steel.
Man, if I were going to do that, like you, I'd use my baking steel. The problem would be for me that my baking steel is too big to fit in the oven.

I wonder what the purpose here is. Is it really just the fact that you're now blasting it with heat from the top and the bottom? If so, how is that different from the cast iron ribeye recipe he's touted for years?

I just don't see an upshot here, to be honest. What I might try is taking my pizza oven but not using the stone on bottom. Just set the baking steel on the grate for about 20 minutes while throwing heat at it. Once I get it hot enough, raise it up to the top using my pizza kettle and then throw a steak in on the grate.

Truthfully, this seems like complicating things for the sake of complicating things.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 1203
« First < 3539399100101102103 1041051061071131532036031103 > Last »
Up