ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 185
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:48 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I'm intrigued. More details please.
Sorry, just saw this....

Basically I was in an awesome restaurant (with a killer bar) in Sioux Falls, SD called Crawford's with a friend and they made their Scotch drinks by swirling a small amount of Scotch in the glass (just enough to get it wet), tossing the small amount they used to wet the glass, charring a wood plank, covering the smoking part of the plank with the glass, then putting the Scotch in the flavored glass and serving. I'm told the wetting of the glass is optional and adjusts the intensity/retention of the flavor/aroma. I'm no Scotch/Bourbon/whiskey drinker, but those who were said they loved it..

It was right before Halloween, and when I told my bar tending-teaching, liquor store-owning, neighbor about it he remembered it and we decided to add fire to our Halloween handouts. We've always offered adult libations to what we offer the parents who are walking their kids through the candy-gathering process! I will say this, it went over super-duper well!!

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/201...cocktails.mobi
[Reply]
Pablo 11:12 AM 12-27-2014
Pretty sure I'm gonna get after some Manhattans this afternoon before I switched to light beer to slow my roll.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:44 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I did not know you were Bob Fescoe!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:53 AM 12-27-2014
And?????

I really only ask because CostCo wine is, evidently, nothing to joke about...
[Reply]
In58men 12:04 PM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
And?????

I really only ask because CostCo wine is, evidently, nothing to joke about...
It's not that bad. Taste like Coors Light and I have no problem with Coors.

48 pk for $26
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:10 PM 12-27-2014
It's not that bad. Taste like Coors Light and I have no problem with Coors.

48 pk for $26
I'm in then.... Yeah, I like Coors Light too. I can drink some more expensive beers to try to look cool too, and it's fun and a few of them are really tasty, but Coors Light is a great hot-summer's-day-on-the-deck beer.

Now, for all the wanna-be beer snobs who are about to tell us all how big their dicks are, and how complex and superior their beer palate is, that they are so specialized that they can only drink expensive and exotic beer, FUCK OFF, we can all buy pricey beer,and often do.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:14 PM 12-28-2014
I bought some Grapefruit and remembered how much I really don't enjoy eating it. LOL. But I like Grapefruit juice. So I juiced the remaining ones and made a Paloma. A drink more popular in Mexico than the Margarita.

4 ounces fresh Grapefruit Juice
3-4 ounces tequila Reposado
Juice from 1 fresh lime
Juice from fresh 1 lemon
1 ounce simple syrup

Shake, strain and enjoy!

[Reply]
lewdog 12-28-2014, 12:14 PM
This message has been deleted by lewdog.
lewdog 04:41 PM 01-03-2015
I guess I'll continue to drink by myself.

I'm not a huge fan of IPAs but I like this one. A little bit of home.

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:35 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I bought some Grapefruit and remembered how much I really don't enjoy eating it. LOL. But I like Grapefruit juice. So I juiced the remaining ones and made a Paloma. A drink more popular in Mexico than the Margarita.

Juice from 1 fresh lime
Juice from fresh 1 lemon
1 ounce simple syrup

Shake, strain and enjoy!

Looks delicious, particularly in a hot climate... even have a regulation shaker to make it with.

A+
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:37 PM 01-03-2015
Water, water, vitamin c, chicken broth, water and vitamin C. My fever broke and my delirium at 4 am this morning only having it for one day, when others around me have been sick for more than a week.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:39 PM 01-03-2015

Juice from 1 fresh lime
Juice from fresh 1 lemon
1 ounce simple syrup

Shake, strain and enjoy!

I would like to try the Hemingway Daiquiri. It's made with grapefruit juice.

I love eating red grapefruit though.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:47 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Looks delicious, particularly in a hot climate... even have a regulation shaker to make it with.

A+
I finally got a shaker after seeing some things I wanted to make. I don't drink a ton, usually only a few on the weekend, but I'll buy booze when it's on sale if I think I'll drink it someday. So I have tons of options come weekend time to try something if it tickles my fancy. I like having a variety of booze around.

I can't wait to make this drink come summer and pool time. My wife who is super picky thought it tasted great! I've got an orange and lime tree that I hope produce this year and I'll come up with some other options!

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I would like to try the Hemingway Daiquiri. It's made with grapefruit juice.

I love eating red grapefruit though.
I didn't make the Paloma exactly like it's suggested but it was pretty close. It really tasted good and the tequila and bit of syrup calmed the tartness of the grapefruit.

I'm not sure what the Hemingway Daiquiri is?

Do you eat the grapefruit plain? With sugar on it? I just find it too tart.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:54 PM 01-03-2015
I finally got a shaker after seeing some things I wanted to make. I don't drink a ton, usually only a few on the weekend, but I'll buy booze when it's on sale if I think I'll drink it someday. So I have tons of options come weekend time to try something if it tickles my fancy. I like having a variety of booze around.

I can't wait to make this drink come summer and pool time. My wife who is super picky thought it tasted great! I've got an orange and lime tree that I hope produce this year and I'll come up with some other options!

I didn't make the Paloma exactly like it's suggested but it was pretty close. It really tasted good and the tequila and bit of syrup calmed the tartness of the grapefruit.

I'm not sure what the Hemingway Daiquiri is?

Do you eat the grapefruit plain? With sugar on it? I just find it too tart.
Red grapefruit I do—not white. I don't eat the white generally. The local red ones here are sweet and succulent. Generally it is a bitter fruit.

Here's the Hemingway Daiquiri. Hemingway preferred it without sugar but other folks prefer to sweeten it. I've seen it pink, pale pink and white.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...daiquiri_1-1-0

Sweeter using simple syrup:

http://www.hogsalt.com/wp-hogsalt/20...gway-daiquiri/
[Reply]
lewdog 06:55 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Red grapefruit I do—not white. The local red ones here are sweet and succulent. Generally it is a bitter fruit.

Here's the Hemingway Daiquiri. Hemingway preferred it without sugar but other folks prefer to sweeten it. I've seen it pink, pale pink and white.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...daiquiri_1-1-0
There's a deal breaker in there.

I haven't been able to touch rum since sophomore year of college. WORST. NIGHT. OF. MY. LIFE.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:57 PM 01-03-2015
For me it's gin. Worst night at age 16.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 185
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up