ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 526 of 662
« First < 26426476516522523524525526 527528529530536576626 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 11:46 AM 07-10-2017
Wow. Gegard Mousasi signed with Bellator. He was pretty much 2nd in line for a title shot after Whittaker.

If the UFC is not going to pay to keep their top talent, then at some point Bellator will be a real competitor.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:00 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Wow. Gegard Mousasi signed with Bellator. He was pretty much 2nd in line for a title shot after Whittaker.

If the UFC is not going to pay to keep their top talent, then at some point Bellator will be a real competitor.
The UFC has really turned a lot of guys off with their Reebok deal and all the other shady shit they do. They basically told the fighters they were going to limit their earning potential and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Now that Scott Coker is building Bellator into a respectable organization Dana White is going to have to rethink his my way or the highway bullshit or they will lose fighters of note to a company that allows them to earn unlimited sponsor dollars.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:03 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The UFC has really turned a lot of guys off with their Reebok deal and all the other shady shit they do. They basically told the fighters they were going to limit their earning potential and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Now that Scott Coker is building Bellator into a respectable organization Dana White is going to have to rethink his my way or the highway bullshit or they will lose fighters of note to a company that allows them to earn unlimited sponsor dollars.
many fighters HATE dana.

he's the shadiest.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:21 PM 07-10-2017
Competition is always good for the product
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:43 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Competition is always good for the product
It sure is, I wonder how many big buck signings Coker will have to execute before the UFC takes a new approach to fighter relations. I wouldn't be shocked to see some guys like DJ,or other champs defect before they get it.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:06 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It sure is, I wonder how many big buck signings Coker will have to execute before the UFC takes a new approach to fighter relations. I wouldn't be shocked to see some guys like DJ,or other champs defect before they get it.
Reigning champs can't defect. The UFC has a champions clause in their contracts that prevents them from signing with another promotion. They would have to lose their belt or be cut first.

I think the UFC also has a right of first refusal for all fighters, which means they have to be given a chance to match Bellator. In Mousasi's case, the UFC decided not to match the offer and let him go.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:33 PM 07-10-2017
The price for the Mayweather-McGregor freakshow has been set. $99.95 for HD, $89.95 for standard def.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:49 PM 07-10-2017
The price for the Mayweather-McGregor freakshow has been set. $99.95 for HD, $89.95 for standard def.
I'm in on that. I figured it would be a buck fifty
[Reply]
alnorth 05:00 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'm in on that. I figured it would be a buck fifty
I can justify it to myself because I know I'm paying to watch a freakshow. Those who think they are paying for a competitive boxing match are the suckers.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:02 PM 07-10-2017
I can justify it to myself because I know I'm paying to watch a freakshow. Those who think they are paying for a competitive boxing match are the suckers.
Oh yeah I'm in the same boat.

Still almost hoping conor lands "that one" and I'm not really a fan of his.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:44 PM 07-10-2017
Nah, homie. Anybody paying for that garbage is a sucker. No justifying this one. If I watch it, it will be on someone else's dime. And $99 is fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:52 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Nah, homie. Anybody paying for that garbage is a sucker. No justifying this one. If I watch it, it will be on someone else's dime. And $99 is fucking ridiculous.
Depends on how crucial that $99 is to you. I would pay that to watch Conor McGregor get beaten up, and the tiny chance that something crazy might happen is just an added bonus that I don't really expect.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:53 PM 07-10-2017
Unless Conor lands a ko, this will be the boxing version of Toney/Couture.

Boxing finally gets it's payback.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:58 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Meh, it's 99 bucks. I really should have a different attitude about it, but I doubt think I ever will.

It's only money.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:59 PM 07-10-2017
Depends on how crucial that $99 is to you. I would pay that to watch Conor McGregor get beaten up, and the tiny chance that something crazy might happen is just an added bonus that I don't really expect.
Exactly. You're like, touching my soul man...
[Reply]
Page 526 of 662
« First < 26426476516522523524525526 527528529530536576626 > Last »
Up