ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Representatives from 24 teams expected to appear at Colin Kaepernick’s workout in Atl
Msmith 11:26 AM 11-16-2019
What will your reaction be if the Chiefs sign him?

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/representa...111844990.html
[Reply]
eDave 04:01 PM 11-16-2019
From Reddit/r/nfl so take it for what it's worth:

I know someone that works for the NFL office in NYC. The person works in finance and isn’t related to this Kaep thing but he told me the gossip - so take this with a grain of salt:

This isn’t just a PR move. This is part of the settlement between Kaep and the league, and a goodwill gesture to the NFLPA. As part of the settlement, the NFL agreed to help Kaep find a spot on a team. After the settlement, the NFL called/reached out to every team (I think it was either Troy Vincent or his staff) to gauge interest in Kaep and let teams know that he was 100% cleared to play. All the teams passed at the time.

Kaeps team has been pestering the NFL that just reaching out wasn’t enough. The NFLs position is that ‘the nfl’ doesn’t have the power to simply get Kaep a job - that’s just not how it works. Kaep has also been getting the NFLPA to agitate on his behalf too.

The reason this came to a head is that in mid-Oct, the NFL submitted the first draft of the new CBA to the NFLPA. This whole special tryout came up for two reasons: 1) the NFL and the NFLPA both want to put the Kaep thing to bed, and 2) this was kind of a gesture of goodwill by the NFL to help the negotiations between the two parties. The first back and forth between the NFL and the NFLPA started poorly, so the idea was that this could be sort of a detente.

The idea that a few teams were interested but concerned about the blowback is silly - first, any team can call him any time of day, and second if you think that a tryout will generate blowback with your fan base, just wait until you sign him.

And FWIW, the consensus within the NFL is that it’s unlikely he’d get signed for several reasons.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:01 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I've seen folks suggest that Zona may be the team most keen as Kap may be a good mentor for someone like Kylar Murray.
Yeah, maybe Murray can become a locker room cancer and SJW correct ? We know CK won't teach him the game because CK hasn't learned the QB position himself.

The guy stood up for justice and I admire that about him.
No, CK made his own bed politically with the NFL and the NFL fanbase while lining his back pocket only to go potentially come back for even more $$ and making an ass out of himself even more.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:02 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why not? Literally cost him nothing.
Yeah, only an NFL career. But, there are no shortage of SJW companies out there willing to throw money at him for endorsements. Better way to make a living than having 240 pound linebackers running 4.5's smash into him, obviously.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:03 PM 11-16-2019
Dudes starting to look like the mom on Black-ish with a beard.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:04 PM 11-16-2019
LOL and WHO would have guessed that folks would get triggered? :-)

It's the name of a frikking CHARACTER IN A FILM for God sake!!...lighten up he's just trolling folks.
Schizophrenic. . . so we're supposed to be alarmingly concerned that he doesn't have an NFL position, but not concerned at all that he treats the opportunity as a troll job?

Tell all us MOAR how to feel about everything!! We love it. . . .
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:04 PM 11-16-2019
This is strange as fuck

he is playing catch with guys standing in place

nothing about this is NFL it's like backyard football
[Reply]
Bowser 04:06 PM 11-16-2019

It's the name of a frikking CHARACTER IN A FILM for God sake!!...lighten up he's just trolling folks.
Absolutely. Pretty cool for him to wear the name of a slave (fictional or no) to an NFL tryout. Especially considering his past. Triggered. Trolling. Sensible laugh. You nailed it.
[Reply]
eDave 04:06 PM 11-16-2019

This isn't how I would go about a job interview.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Dudes starting to look like the mom on Black-ish with a beard.
I think there's some twigs and bark in that bird's nest.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
In a league with a ton of reinstated criminals that's a load of horseshit.
Reinstated criminals who don't go after the NFL for $$millions and are successful doing it and then attempt to keep going back for more $$ are always welcome back.:-)

Big difference hoss !!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
That's your eDave privilege talking.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:10 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, only an NFL career. But, there are no shortage of SJW companies out there willing to throw money at him for endorsements. Better way to make a living than having 240 pound linebackers running 4.5's smash into him, obviously.
I find it interesting that the latest trendy word amongst some folks is "SJW".. as if the meaning/intentions behind the word "justice" is somehow "dirty" and not good. It's crazy to me but I guess folks who may live on the privileged side of the tracks can afford to spout that term so loosely.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:10 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Which is a huge tell that he knows he is not getting signed just another form of "kneeling/flipping the bird" to the NFL.:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:11 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Reinstated criminals who don't go after the NFL for $$millions and are successful doing it and then attempt to keep going back for more $$ are always welcome back.:-)

Big difference hoss !!
Right, because that's why he was blackballed for years before the lawsuit. Because of the lawsuit that didn't yet exist.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:12 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Absolutely. Pretty cool for him to wear the name of a slave (fictional or no) to an NFL tryout. Especially considering his past. Triggered. Trolling. Sensible laugh. You nailed it.
Why would the name of a fictional slave be offensive to folks? Please enlighten me.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up